i make swapfile ok in hdd,
and i put mkswap /HDD/swapfile
show ok

but if i put in telnet:
swapon /hdd/swapfile

i receive error swapon: swapfile: invalid argument

what is problem?
500s not support swapfile?

thnaksYou are attempting to add a swap file to a harddrive that doesnt exist.

The DM500 does not have a harddrive so you cant put a swap file on it. (Assuming its a DM500 you have given where you have made this post).

There is no point trying to put it in flash either because there isn't enough space.

If you are attempting to swap to a network mounted drive, there is no point in that either.

The whole idea of a swap file or partition is to make more memory space available. An application or data can be loaded into memory then stored on the swap partition while not in use.

Doing this over a network would mean you could only access it at 100Mbits per second (at the very best). This is much too slow to be of any use, In fact it would probably slow things down.

exclusive2020
14th February, 2009, 01:23 PM
You are attempting to add a swap file to a harddrive that doesnt exist.

The DM500 does not have a harddrive so you cant put a swap file on it. (Assuming its a DM500 you have given where you have made this post).

There is no point trying to put it in flash either because there isn't enough space.

If you are attempting to swap to a network mounted drive, there is no point in that either.

The whole idea of a swap file or partition is to make more memory space available. An application or data can be loaded into memory then stored on the swap partition while not in use.

Doing this over a network would mean you could only access it at 100Mbits per second (at the very best). This is much too slow to be of any use, In fact it would probably slow things down.

thanks
now good work