PDA

View Full Version : Installing E2 on UBB Stick problems

catseye
12th February, 2009, 04:53 PM
Hi Guys

Im going round & round in circles with this one-for days!

Ive got NLB 8873 in flash works fine no problems

Ive loaded E2 in flash works ok but cant access DCC etc & ive tried E2 on HDD but going round in circles with that one too

So im trying to load E2 on USB stick, same as the one in the guides on here

Ive amended the setenv settings
Downloaded & install KCC -after installing Dot net fix to get that bit to work!
Entered settings on KCC -password & login etc &network test all ok
After clicking on experts i get message of Telnet login failed!

Im led to believe this is down to the Usb stick not being formated in Ext2 or 3

How can i format the usb stick in ext2 or 3 -I dont have a linux pc & im not an expert in this area so any simple advice would be greatly appreciated!! :tee:

catseye
12th February, 2009, 06:39 PM
Well after some more research & reading ive twigged u can format your stick using the nlb web interface -mounting & formating stick in linux mode

So ive now got nlb in flash & enigma 2 on usb stick

Next issue is its stuck in booting mode:banghead:

aftermath
13th February, 2009, 12:18 AM
you need to flash Uboot onto NLB image , then follow this thread , after the uboot part where you enter the lines into putty, http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f95/how-install-enigma-2-ipbox-9000hd-11407/

catseye
13th February, 2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks for info, Aftermath

I am right in thinking as i dont have a nfs-server i can avoid entering settings relating to no 1

Cheers

catseye
14th February, 2009, 12:41 PM
Despite up grading to Ubooot 1.33 in console mode it still shows as Uboot1.31 is this right & are there any other ways to load Uboot 1.33 apart from flashtools

Im begining to think the box is faulty

Cant access usb stick via KCC, keeps says incorrect login even though when its pinged/tested everything is fine

aftermath
15th February, 2009, 11:05 AM
what image you got in flash ? NLB ?

try using PCeditor and flash Uboot 1.3.3 with that.

i am trying a different method of input in Putty, so i will post my results if it works on multiboot from USB.

arashkhaan
21st February, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hi, this is the problem I have , with nlb 8873 there is no way to use kcc , I don't know what to do !! what version of nlb are yoou using aftermath ?

aftermath
22nd February, 2009, 10:19 AM
I am using NLB 8728, only because its a working backup, newer versions should be just the same.

I see many people are still having difficulties instaling E2 to USB stick, so i am going to do a basic tut so everyone can understand and follow with all the necessary tools.

Hope to do it today sometime.