PDA

View Full Version : I cant get my Galletto 1260 to work ?

BrianSPC
20th September, 2012, 12:57 PM
I bought a Galletto 1260 cable on ebay, to use on my Citroen C5 2.0 RHZ HDI - EDC15c2.

There where no Galletto software with it, only KWP2000+, so I found the program "New serial 1260" is this the right one for my Galletto 1260 ?

With the Galletto program I select Citroen - C5 2.0 HDI - BOSCH EDC 15 C2 29F400BT

When I try to Read my ECU, its says it done, but come with this error :

errore SK: -1
Errore seed key

What is wrong ? do i need to do something like remove a fuse or what ?

physyc
20th September, 2012, 05:46 PM
ask the right software to your seller.
send it back to seller, complain to ebay, get your money back. buy other tool.

BrianSPC
20th September, 2012, 07:31 PM
ask the right software to your seller.
send it back to seller, complain to ebay, get your money back. buy other tool.

What other tool would you recommend ? I was told to but the Galletto 1260, so thats what I did.

If have have installed it correct, then it must be a Hardware fault, and so I must contact the seller.

But before that I would just like to hear if anybody had a idea of whats wrong, since it give me this Error ?

v8 dave
20th September, 2012, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that might be an immo problem? I had the same thing on an ME7.5 that I was trying to bench flash before I removed the immo.

BrianSPC
20th September, 2012, 09:14 PM
What to do then ?

What is immo ? "im a newbie :-)"

carbyvw
20th September, 2012, 11:42 PM
hi
IMMO means that the engine ecu through bsi has read the chip in your key and your ecu will be unlocked.
why you wont read the ecu?

BrianSPC
21st September, 2012, 07:58 AM
I want to remap it to get more hp and nm and economy

How do I remove or bypass the immo so I can read the ECU and get my ori file ?

physyc
21st September, 2012, 08:21 AM
the best and cheapest way for you will be to sell the galletto. And take your ecu to a real tuner.

You don't start chiptuning by buying 20$ tool.
You start by reading/learning and understanding. Not for a day or a week. But for months, and months and months.... there are files on the internet from the same ecu as yours to lurn on... No need for your file to be read from the ecu to lurn.

Newbie or not (we all have to lurn) but if your question is what is immo. You have to read and learn much much more, before you even think about plugging a chinese tool in your computer or obd port...

You will buy some tuning files, you will buy them cheap. it will be a bad file. you will have to buy new file and maybe repair some engine parts. In the end you are better off taking your car to a tuner.

You have diagnose tools?
If the ecu lock on writing, you have repair plan?
After flashing, how will you erase DTC?

Don't plug it inyour friends car, as your friendschip will be over faster than you think. and your bank account also... ;)

Here you read how fast to srew up and maybe repair your ecu... (http://www.406oc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15454)

Are you using 1260 on XP or vista?

alfabit
21st September, 2012, 08:29 AM
What to do then ?

What is immo ? "im a newbie :-)"

Brian, just for playing, i made myself a Galetto, works perfect, nothing did with it.
I said : made it just for playing, read - write ecus no problem, no remap from me, only was an electronic experiment .

I posted here on dk all the work done, schematics and Galetto software and explanations and some users around here were happy by what i have done, i know a couple who succeeded to make their own Galetto with my advices written it that post.

BrianSPC
29th September, 2012, 10:04 PM
I have returned the Galletto and bought a KWP2000+ now and hope it works with my car.

I Will have a Pro ti edit my file, I just need to Read/Write it to the ECU myself :-)

I do have a lot of experince with MegaSquirt, but this WinOls looks a lot harder.