PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used Intenso Discs?

C64
12th February, 2009, 05:10 PM
I had no discs so I visited a local PC shop and bought 25 Intenso discs for ?19, these are the most expensive discs I've ever bought! lol

Intenso 8x DVDR+

Anyone used them before are they good?

http://www.itpasaule.lv/img/items/4034303006922.jpg

Sicilian
12th February, 2009, 06:09 PM
I used some of their single layer discs years ago, threw a lot away tbh, but they might have improved now.

Since then always stuck to Verbatim, learnt my lesson.

gmb45
12th February, 2009, 06:15 PM
I had no discs so I visited a local PC shop and bought 25 Intenso discs for ?19, these are the most expensive discs I've ever bought! lol

Intenso 8x DVDR+

Anyone used them before are they good?

http://www.itpasaule.lv/img/items/4034303006922.jpgbloody ell that was dear my local pc shop sells 25 region free dvds for ?5 had no probs with them and he said they are made by verbatim how true that is i dont know but they are good discs any way

wozzo
12th February, 2009, 09:42 PM
What Dye are they witchy?

cunny
12th February, 2009, 10:14 PM
Are they for 360 games?

i have never heard of them but i guess it would depend on what drive you try them with

Verbs all the way with the 360

C64
12th February, 2009, 10:57 PM
bloody ell that was dear my local pc shop sells 25 region free dvds for ?5 had no probs with them and he said they are made by verbatim how true that is i dont know but they are good discs any way

You can get 25 Dual Layer DVD's for ?5 ??

Having said that you can get 50 Elite DL DVD's for just over a tenner these days but they can be pretty piss, my last batch was a complete waste of money, although the previous 50 worked flawlessly.

C64
12th February, 2009, 11:00 PM
Are they for 360 games?

Well this is the 360 section mate lol

Verbs all the way with the 360

Waste of money, when I can get the same results from a 20p disc.

C64
12th February, 2009, 11:02 PM

I'm burning just now mate, I'll check once it's burnt.

So far I've done 3 discs all at 8x and they verified 100% and are working perfectly in both my machines (Samsung MS25 and a Hitachi).

.: JaCkPoT :.
12th February, 2009, 11:43 PM
We used intenso discs for ps1 games and the xbox1 games and they did work for however long we needed em..
Dont dare flashing the 360 and getting banned of live just yet!

C64
12th February, 2009, 11:43 PM

RICOHJPN-D01-67

anksta
25th February, 2009, 08:57 PM
I bought 10 of these discs for ?7.85 or somethin, tried 3 of them with none working, did the first one just tryin to burn the image and Nero (which I know is wrong) then the second one using imgburn and the correct DL boundary or whatever its called. It burnt fine and then broke during verification, didnt work in the xbox either.

Tried the last one using 1x (even though it wrote at 2.4) and no verification, burnt fine but still not working in the xbox. Not even recognising a disc, just says open tray.

Am I doing something wrong? Its startin to really annoy me that I cant get it to work, anyone who can help will be well appreciated.

Cheers

bigfella9
26th February, 2009, 12:55 PM
your doin nowt wrong bud,its the discs they are shit,i use traxdata dvd dl+r they are ?26 for 25 from bigbockets they have a ritek dye [better than the verbatim dye ]the same site sells 25 verbs for ?23 now,look out for the 2.4 speed printable riteks they are under a tenna for 25 and are class cheap as chips that for ritek dual layers,and they work every time with image burn,ritek are the bizo for what ever your need,music,films you name it.

C64
26th February, 2009, 02:04 PM
your doin nowt wrong bud,its the discs they are shit

Strange on that, coz I've just used the enitre 25 disc pack and every one of them burned and verified perfectly.

One bad point is they although they claim to be 8x, I found that any speed over 4x resulted in choppy FMV but the games play fine.

I'd buy them again but I won't as they were too expensive.

janobi
26th February, 2009, 03:13 PM
your doin nowt wrong bud,its the discs they are shit,i use traxdata dvd dl+r they are ?26 for 25 from bigbockets they have a ritek dye [better than the verbatim dye ]the same site sells 25 verbs for ?23 now,look out for the 2.4 speed printable riteks they are under a tenna for 25 and are class cheap as chips that for ritek dual layers,and they work every time with image burn,ritek are the bizo for what ever your need,music,films you name it.

WTF you on about? Ritek dye better than verb dye? Your mad mate. Absolutely mad. Verbatim, are widely regarded as the BEST media around, whether CD-R, DVD-R, DL.

Used Riteks, from when they originally came out, from the original light purple dye, to the now dark purple G05 dye. They to changed the dye on disks, as aone did and caused a lot of problems for people. Riteks were good for DVDRs, films, PS2 games and such.

Verbatim are the best disk for the 360. Just had to replace my drive due to laser burn out from using Aone disks. I know witchy will disagree with me, but have found cheaper media to be more problematic than verbs, and also found they play quieter on my 360.

Have you had to change your drive or laser at all witchy?? Curious, cos you only ever used cheap media. And I know you hammer the thing to death too. So intrigued as to how your laser is holding up.

bigfella9
26th February, 2009, 08:08 PM
just my opinion,ive used ritek media since they first brought the pioneer 4x dvd writer out the dvd-r discs wer then aprox ?2 a disc and burnt at 1 speed only it used to take 1 hour to write a film ect on one,the pioneer writer cost me ?245 AND that was a good price,whats the price now under ?20,ive burnt a few thousand discs in my time and the ritek have always been the dye that played on nearly everthing you put them in,when even verbatims wouldnt play,thats why i say ritek are the best and better on your pocket,i have had a xbox 360 for the last 2 and half year aprox it has hitachi drive and has never skipped a beat with ritek media they boot up faster than the verbs aswell on this 360 i have over 200 360 games most on ritek media id say about 30 of them are on verbs,so i know the score,verbs are over priced they are good dont get me wrong but the best thing about them is the azo anti scratch layer not the dye,every one seems to think coz they cost the most they are the best,NOT ME,like i said ive burnt thousands of discs and so has the people i deal with and they all think the same as me,i remember when we wer burning ps1 games on phillips cdrs when they first came out and got chipped,im going back a long time now,some people on here might not even have been born then,like i said i have over 200 games for the 360 and not one bit of laser trouble that just go"s to show how good the ritek media is.LONG LIVE RITEK MEDIA.

janobi
26th February, 2009, 08:33 PM
just my opinion,ive used ritek media since they first brought the pioneer 4x dvd writer out the dvd-r discs wer then aprox ?2 a disc and burnt at 1 speed only it used to take 1 hour to write a film ect on one,the pioneer writer cost me ?245 AND that was a good price,whats the price now under ?20,ive burnt a few thousand discs in my time and the ritek have always been the dye that played on nearly everthing you put them in,when even verbatims wouldnt play,thats why i say ritek are the best and better on your pocket,i have had a xbox 360 for the last 2 and half year aprox it has hitachi drive and has never skipped a beat with ritek media they boot up faster than the verbs aswell on this 360 i have over 200 360 games most on ritek media id say about 30 of them are on verbs,so i know the score,verbs are over priced they are good dont get me wrong but the best thing about them is the azo anti scratch layer not the dye,every one seems to think coz they cost the most they are the best,NOT ME,like i said ive burnt thousands of discs and so has the people i deal with and they all think the same as me,i remember when we wer burning ps1 games on phillips cdrs when they first came out and got chipped,im going back a long time now,some people on here might not even have been born then,like i said i have over 200 games for the 360 and not one bit of laser trouble that just go"s to show how good the ritek media is.LONG LIVE RITEK MEDIA.

lmao. I remember those days, but I had a teac and not a phillips. Plextor was the boy in them days, but they were well expensive too. Copying ps1 games on the fly as they didnt have protection until medevil came out. lol.

Riteks as I said, are amazing for films, ps2 and such always used them, started on a pioneer 104 cost me ?175 and only wrote at x2 or x4 cant remember. lol.

Perhaps my hitatchi laser was just shit, I aint sure but I am using verb media without any noises or problems with loading, so I am happy.

C64
26th February, 2009, 10:22 PM
Verbatim are the best disk for the 360. Just had to replace my drive due to laser burn out from using Aone disks. I know witchy will disagree with me, but have found cheaper media to be more problematic than verbs, and also found they play quieter on my 360.

Actually I agree. :)

I've never doubted that Verbatim are the absolute best disc available, I'm just a tight arsed Scotsman who manages to get by on cheap as chip discs:)

Have you had to change your drive or laser at all witchy?? Curious, cos you only ever used cheap media. And I know you hammer the thing to death too. So intrigued as to how your laser is holding up.

I have indeed mate.

I've only had to replace the laser once though and it cost a mighty ?7 from eBay (china), all things considered I'm still saving a fortune using cheap muck :)

I find better quality discs are quieter in my machine too, but that's the price I have to pay for being a tight arse :)

If I could afford Verbs I probably still wouldn't buy them.

:)

C64
26th February, 2009, 10:31 PM
Since you guys are getting all retro......

I paid ?185 for my first Mitsumi 1x CDROM, burners in those days were a pipe dream :)

My 1st burner was a ~~~~~ I can't remember, lol, but it only did 1x burns, it was a pile of shit but at the time it was the bee knees :)

My 1st decent burner was a Plextor 2x ...luxury :)

BTW, I'm not a trader and I don't burn thousands of discs, I can only speak from my own personal experience of what works and what doesn't on MY hardware.

janobi
27th February, 2009, 08:59 AM
BTW, I'm not a trader and I don't burn thousands of discs, I can only speak from my own personal experience of what works and what doesn't on MY hardware.

lol. Nice one mate, at least that answers my question. New laser is ?7 eh. Guess I will be speaking to you before replacing again. lol.

Plextor was the boy back in the day. And CD-R Burners were the shizzle, and if you had one you was the shizzle too. lol. Guess you was the scottish shizzle mate. lol.

Who said you was a trader??

Oggy
27th February, 2009, 03:31 PM
While Ritek is owned by E-Net you never know what you are really buying.

I love Witchy's approach, very logical.

I will, always suggest using Verbs, especially to a 'newbie' he can test with a Verb, it works and if he wants to go to cheaper media, if they dont work, he knows where to point the finger.

If they do, he then has a choice.

bigfella9
27th February, 2009, 11:19 PM
ye thats right plextor was the best ,i had a plex reader and pioneer writer,the the plextor would read even the shit cds so you could get a copy off them ie ps1 games clone cd was what i used,the plextor needed a scussi card to run,OGGY you know that you have a ritek dye as image burn tells you when you put the cd in.why buy verbs for all that money when ya can buy ritek for less than half the price if you look about,if ther was no ritek i would only use verbs for my 360 as it duznt like aone ect it skips and wont boot up with them so for me it was false econemy it boots first time every time with ritek and verbs.

C64
27th February, 2009, 11:29 PM
Who said you was a trader??

No-one mate, I only mentioned it as a Trader would have a far better idea of what is good and what is bad since they burn many more discs that I do :)

I'll tell you something, the Traders in the Glasgow Barras Market selling 360 games have never heard of Verbatim discs, lol, any time I've seen a backup bought from there they are always on either AONES or something similar.

bigfella9
28th February, 2009, 01:34 AM
a trader would never use a verb as he wants to make as many pennys has he can when he sells,if he used verbs it would be a waste of time trading as the media is too dear,most off them sell you shite discs so you end up going back and buying again,they would use verbs or ritek for ther own copys,greedy bastards but not as greedy as sony ect

bigfella9
28th February, 2009, 01:43 AM
the cheapest way to get your games is to download off net and burn,or get a samsung reader flash it so it reads 360 discs then rip a real one with xbox back up creator it only takes half hour and its the same as the real one,would cost you a fiver to rent from busters then price of ya disc or borrow a real one off a mate,cheaper than the shops 40 and 50 quids

djjwdubz
28th February, 2009, 01:04 PM
i use arita dvd+r dl 25 spindle thay work on all my games if there is a shop called rambox by u then u can get them 10pounds from there

bigfella9
28th February, 2009, 03:04 PM
i use arita dvd+r dl 25 spindle thay work on all my games if there is a shop called rambox by u then u can get them 10pounds from there

arita have a ritek dye,exellent media and work every time,thats the ones i said look out for for under a tenna,you are usin the best media you can buy for that kind of money cheap as chips,but will work as good as verbatim and for half the price,i have the same arita 25 pack here only 2.4 speed but thats the best speed to burn 360 games at i have burnt at 4x on verbs and traxdada ritek they work but ive found at that speed you can get the odd audio skip so always burn at 2.4 it takes a little longer but worth it in the end,i would recomend ARITA to anyone

bigfella9
28th February, 2009, 07:25 PM
TAIYO YUDEN are suppoze to be the very best media on the planet,i forgot about them they were very dear also,i bought 100 dv-r t yudens on offer from big pockets think they were ?19 the retail price was aprox ?40,i found them very good for speed as they would burn at 12x no probs on a 16x writer and have been told they burn at 18x with no probs aswell,yet they are only a 8 speed disc,now thats what i call value for money,they are suppoze to last forever,the one thing i found was that my dell laptop didnt like to burn on them but they work fine in my duplicator and main pc with pioneer writers.it must be the dye.