PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Universal Remote

NICETOBNICE
21st September, 2012, 08:37 AM
Hi chaps
Been thinking of buying an all in one remote for all my equipment.
I'm sick of having around 6 remotes just in the living room .

I have heard that the logitech remotes are good but there seems to be lots of different model numbers.
it doesnt have to be logitech if you have any experiences i would love to no.

lagerland
21st September, 2012, 08:40 AM
Had one of the all for one 1s it worked ok but you didnt get all the functions but technology moved on so you never know.....................

xant14
21st September, 2012, 08:56 AM
I got a logitech one a few years ago, about a hundred quids worth and I never use it.
In theory it should be good but I found it a bit of a pain.
Theory.. press 'Play DVD' and it should turn telly on, sat box off, dvd player on, and select the input..

Reality.. Wrong input, etc.

Things might of moved on, but I prefer a dozen remotes.

NICETOBNICE
21st September, 2012, 11:33 AM
I got a logitech one a few years ago, about a hundred quids worth and I never use it.
In theory it should be good but I found it a bit of a pain.
Theory.. press 'Play DVD' and it should turn telly on, sat box off, dvd player on, and select the input..

Reality.. Wrong input, etc.

Things might of moved on, but I prefer a dozen remotes.
that sounds great my wife hasnt a clue when it comes to my setup '
i must admit its pretty much the same as what you said change input turn on etc etc
have you still got the remote whats the model number?
maybe we could strike a deal lol

manster
21st September, 2012, 11:46 AM
I have a couple of logitech remotes and they are fine for simple jobs . I bought the Harmony 1000 which was supposed to be the best but it is a pain as the main touch screen display only has 9 buttons in reality 10 are needed for all the numbers because you just cant type in 103.

NICETOBNICE
21st September, 2012, 08:55 PM
been looking at the logitech remotes they look awesome

i to have a surround sytem that you have to select source blah blah blah no one in the house has a clue apart from me lol

hugoalfa
17th November, 2012, 11:52 PM
i have a Harmony 1000 and it's perfect , also had the 895 for my parents( they don't work with the toutch screen)

it even works the living collor from philips

NICETOBNICE
18th November, 2012, 10:24 AM
i have a Harmony 1000 and it's perfect , also had the 895 for my parents( they don't work with the toutch screen)

can you explain this

mirandasieck
18th November, 2012, 02:40 PM
I am also using logitech remotes and these are quite good and working properly...

delboy13
20th December, 2012, 12:13 AM
i got 3 logitech 300's now

conzy
20th December, 2012, 08:31 PM
They are excellent but depending on your hardware can take a fair bit of set up. Logitech are excellent with support and will help out if needed.

piggygo
30th March, 2013, 03:13 PM
Logitech can learn from it if your original remote is still working.