PDA

View Full Version : Programmer to do most cars??

AudiS4
22nd September, 2012, 04:21 AM
Hello I am looking for a programmer that will do most dashboards.Nothing too expensive to start.I have heard many people mention upa usb programmer and x-prog m and dp3 and so on.I am just wondering what would most of your recommend??I have a couple of obdII handhelds unit but they are very limited as to what they can do.Or can do only specific cars.I am looking for something that will cover more cars and will do some newer cars.Please post opinions,advice, and what would you do recommend!!

joemajdalani
22nd September, 2012, 06:27 AM
My personal opinion UPA is a must for starting....

z786
22nd September, 2012, 11:32 AM
whats ur budget

dashradio
22nd September, 2012, 11:40 AM
May also help if you post your location as well, as USA, Europe and Asia markets do have different vehicles, therefore you may be better with one XXX machine rather than YYY machine.

AudiS4
22nd September, 2012, 08:07 PM
I am located in USA.I mostly deal with European cars such as audi,bmw,vw,porsche.But I do work on some asian and domestic cars as well.This is why im looking for something that could do just about anything.Budget isnt big at all about $2000usd.Just looking for something to get started that will do a broad range of cars.

enigmauk
22nd September, 2012, 08:13 PM
Get a upa and rosfar red clone

ALEXEI
22nd September, 2012, 08:19 PM
or better upa and xprog will complete one each other

diagtech
22nd September, 2012, 08:53 PM
Or vagprog/datasmart from smelecom

enigmauk
22nd September, 2012, 09:07 PM
Even better get vagprog. Upa. And. Xprog it will cover most vag by OBD and others by upa and Xprog

ALEXEI
22nd September, 2012, 09:11 PM
if you are interested about Vagprog pm me

AudiS4
22nd September, 2012, 10:03 PM
Well I know obd solutions to most cars are big money,so my question is with x-prog and upa i would need to dissassemble most dashes and desolder the eproms correct??

ALEXEI
22nd September, 2012, 10:28 PM
There are manny vag cars can be made only via obd. no solutions on eprom.

scary
22nd September, 2012, 10:30 PM
if you just starting do dash wen i sugest dont tuch bmw becouse cas module can cost allot of money for you :)

sorry for my english

AudiS4
22nd September, 2012, 10:37 PM
yes i am not doing or touching bmw nothing new anyways mostly dealing with vw and audi and asian and domestic products.

enigmauk
22nd September, 2012, 10:40 PM
Get vag prog then and upa Xprog. Message Alexi for it

paul_12345
22nd September, 2012, 10:45 PM
if you just starting do dash wen i sugest dont tuch bmw becouse cas module can cost allot of money for you :)

sorry for my english

and a new VAG cluster cost peanuts???

nany
22nd September, 2012, 10:49 PM
as it say's by some many members ,u just bought this tools upa-usb and xprogm i think you will not regrets. this is the most tools used by most people .

ALEXEI
22nd September, 2012, 11:12 PM
An Vag obd tool its a must have in this moment. No matter which one.

madzar
23rd September, 2012, 01:15 AM
I think best is tachouniversal ( can do obd,eeprom,mcu....35080 erase,good explanations and pictures,good veichle coverage,verry cheap now)for older cars,x-prog,cas3 and you must have motorolla 705,908 etl because x prog is no good for 705 and 908.

rukartinatv
23rd September, 2012, 01:25 AM
for usa you need jprog6 smelecom its clone of jprog6
but for $2000 you cant start this business.
I think if you start this business you need
1 diagprog3
2 Jprog6
3 UPA
4 and much much much more!!!!!!!!
Its my opinion
If you wont to start this for $2000 dont even start .
Where are you from usa what state?

Apolo29
23rd September, 2012, 01:58 AM
VAG cars aren`t the right choice to start, mainly the newer cars, if you do something wrong can damage a car and make it work again will have a very big cost.

Upa and Xprog are the best tools for their prices, but start with simple cars, look for cars that doesn`t have inmo in dashboard, learn how to do the job, and then start with complicated cars.

yugo45
23rd September, 2012, 02:40 AM
yes i am not doing or touching bmw nothing new anyways mostly dealing with vw and audi and asian and domestic products.
If you are not very handy with dissembling Cluster , go with AVDI . You can buy AVDI interface :
AVDI - Abrites Vehicle Diagnostic Interface (http://abrites.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=53)
which is working diagnostic on many cars, then buy Software for VW-AUDi CAN miles corrections:
AN028 - VAG mileage recalibration in IKE-CAN,UDS (http://abrites.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=54).
It cost around you budget.
Later you can add any software that you want.
They have USA distributor. USA prices are with out VAT.

AudiS4
23rd September, 2012, 03:56 AM
Yes i am aware that to get into this business is big money!!!So I think for time being I will think and look into picking up xprog-m and a upa.As Someone already mentioned I already have a tacho universal its good for most older audi and vw cars and some others over obd.Not so much for new cars but good for older cars.So I have that but again its a china clone so cant really trust it.

I will look into some of the suggestions made on here as well.I have done some older cars by desoldering the eeproms and editing the bytes.However my current programmer is very limited.Its a generic gq-x4 willem programmer.Supports alot of chips but isnt all that great.

AudiS4
23rd September, 2012, 02:48 PM
Also I know that most old dashes do not have k line to perform this over obd in that case the cluster needs to be dissasembled and eeprom desoldered correct??I have heard people just using a clip to read eeprom but that it isnt always accurate and its best to desolder.

enigmauk
23rd September, 2012, 04:49 PM
Correct, you will always need to remove dash for some cars.

smartymarti
23rd September, 2012, 06:41 PM
as some one says on here best tool is brain.exe no amount of tools will do everything

tranzavanza
2nd October, 2012, 02:30 AM
regardless of the comments on the forum about Digimaster2 I highly recommended it.
It has support for vehicles up to around 2006 and you can do a big variety of eeproms: 24xxx 25xxx 93xxx 35080 Motorola hc , 912 and 9s12.

I have never tried the OBD functions and will never do but is the tool that stays on my bench 24/7.

Just my opinion