PDA

View Full Version : The Ryder cup

johnboy1974
22nd September, 2012, 08:43 AM
Well folks its only a week away now and I can't wait. The Ryder cup its the one sporting event apart from the big footie events that I get really exited about.
It's gonna be a great contest this year but I'm gonna say the Europeans will be too strong for the yanks.

AgentD
22nd September, 2012, 10:18 PM
Excellent event, The Ryder Cup. Totally looking forward to it also.
I seem to recall Sergio Garcia and a young Tiger Woods having a bit of a duel on the final day at Medinah for the PGA championship back in 98 or 99? (with Tiger winning)

Blatherskite
27th September, 2012, 08:35 AM
Can someone point me to a website similar to lj's 'liveonsat' that shows all the live satellite tv coverage of the 2012 Ryder Cup as I do not have Sly sports and the BBC are only showing highlights.

Snowy79
27th September, 2012, 12:07 PM
The news reports for the competition are making it sound like a joke. Talking about killing the other players, smashing their brains in etc. Its only kin Golf. About as aggressive as Morris Dancing. They're making it sound like a boxing competition and the press are getting suckered into believing the hype.

Wolfpack
27th September, 2012, 11:50 PM
The news reports for the competition are making it sound like a joke. Talking about killing the other players, smashing their brains in etc. Its only kin Golf. About as aggressive as Morris Dancing. They're making it sound like a boxing competition and the press are getting suckered into believing the hype.

I don't know why they promote it like that. Any player who acts like that should be ashamed of themselves. Unfortunate they are playing in America and that means the ugly American fan will show his face. If they were going to club anyone it should be the loser who yells out "In the hole"

SIMPLY THE BEST
28th September, 2012, 01:17 PM

All they are doing is devaluing the Ryder cup and the spirit that it's meant to be played in as for the Captains that let the players behave in that sort of way they should be instantly stripped of the Captaincy and the players bad mouthing banned from the competition.

johnboy1974
29th September, 2012, 08:25 AM
I think it's the only competition where the players can forget the pomp and etiquette that comes with playing proffessional golf- I say let them carry on with the backslapping and the nonsense it adds to the excitement for me. As for the Europeans they should just do it back.

southpaw83
29th September, 2012, 10:02 PM
Or maybe concentrate on playing golf

An absolute joke of a European performance

Wolfpack
30th September, 2012, 11:29 PM
Congrats to the Euro's. They Just wanted more. Have to say i was happy to see them win. I like more of the Euro players than the Americans. Got to say it was one of the most exciting ryder cups i have ever watch.

AgentD
30th September, 2012, 11:40 PM
What a comeback!

Too much was made of Poulter's comments before the comp began.
As a team event, you want your players to be fired up and Poulter's enthusiasm inspired all of them.

The Americans looked really strong in the foursomes and fourballs but not so much in the singles.
Europeans stood up well today, tbh I had written them off last night but some fantastic performances all round.
Thought Duffner & Keegan Bradley were excellent for the Americans too.

A great weekends viewing!

jackofalltrades
30th September, 2012, 11:45 PM
what a dramatic win for the europeans in the ryder cup:wink:

southpaw83
30th September, 2012, 11:46 PM
Or maybe concentrate on playing golf

An absolute joke of a European performance

What an idiot this guy is

An amazing conclusion, phenomenal

Lainie
30th September, 2012, 11:52 PM
wow fab news

zee24
1st October, 2012, 12:13 AM
Great comeback, now im not one for Golf can't usually stand it, the Ryder cup is the only competition I do like and loved Poulter and how fired up he was throughout, they did Seve proud.

johnboy1974
1st October, 2012, 06:09 AM
Absolutely incredible performance well done europe- the look an Davis loves face priceless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hoppy01
1st October, 2012, 11:38 AM
Am sure the main man would have been proud...

Ballesteros lifetime achievement award 2009 - YouTube

lfc4life
1st October, 2012, 11:56 AM
truly amazing scenes at the golf yesterday ... :)))

WELL DONE TEAM EUROPE

Commitment 1 Smugness 0

ha ha ha ha

Wolfpack
1st October, 2012, 01:28 PM
Davis Love blew it when he sat Phil and Keegan on Saturday afternoon. That one point would of made this comeback impossible. Have to say Phil is all class taking the blame for Davis when we all know he screwed up. You can always second guess but in the end the Euro's just played a little better and wanted more.

leotheloin
1st October, 2012, 06:29 PM
Backed them at 28/1 when they were 10=4 down and then winning the last 2games on sat,, odds cut to 12/1 on sun.

BigLid
2nd October, 2012, 12:34 PM
I would like to know who Tiger Woods bet on.