PDA

View Full Version : open box/sly issue

slippy05
22nd September, 2012, 11:01 AM
Hi my mate has just called me with a problem and im not sure how to advise him.

Basically he has sky uk installed and paid for (he wants to keep this)

he also has an openbox

he has a quad LNB with three of the 4 outputs taken (as they also have multi room)

what he wants to do is run the openbox next to the skybox so his motherin law can keep using sky+ and record programs etc etc

he said he has set it all up so that when he clicks "input" on his TV and goes to AV2 he can watch whatever is on the openbox......and then go back to watching regular sky aswell

BUT he is sayign the sky+ is not recording?

What does he need to do so he can run both of them side by side, and still allow sky+ to record?

Thanks

Shady
22nd September, 2012, 11:07 AM
sky+ needs two of the 4 lnb outputs. i assume hes taking one out of the sky for the openbox. this will stop recording.

slippy05
22nd September, 2012, 11:27 AM
Thanks mate

So do you think if he attatches another wire from the last remaining free output on the quad LNB that he will be able to get it to work how he wants?

Is it just a case of getting another coaxial cable or whatever goes into the back of the sky+ to sort it all out?

potrobber
22nd September, 2012, 11:39 AM
just fit a new cable from 4th output on lnb to openbox there is no other way to do this

the sky box needs the 2 feeds to both tuners to allow the record function to work

db001g6598
25th September, 2012, 09:23 AM
i am having problems with my sky f3 ,put cccam files in wen wen enter cccam fig it says ofline , my internet is working fine, still s chanels.any one help

maca
25th September, 2012, 09:40 AM
reboot your box

ramjet
25th September, 2012, 09:45 AM
just fit a new cable from 4th output on lnb to openbox there is no other way to do this

the sky box needs the 2 feeds to both tuners to allow the record function to work

not sure that is true

a sly+ box can usually be set to single feed mode, and should be able to record but obviously this means you cannot change sly channels as only one feed is in use

ideally he should do as you say and run a feed to the openbox and leave the slybox feeds installed as per the original installation, which is why they fit a quad lnb, in case extra feeds are required