PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever dislocated a joint?

C64
13th May, 2008, 12:42 PM
I remember I was playing football with my mates when i was about 16.

I went for a 50/50 ball and dropped like a stone and landed awkwardly on my shoulder. I was is ~~~~ing agony and i couldn't move my left arm, as I stood up my shoulder make a loud crack sound and i found I could move my arm again, it was still really painfull so I retired from the game and walked home.

I think i had dislocated it but luckily it popped itself back in - I don't even know if this is possible, but I like to tell people about the time I dislocated my shoulder ;) ;)

Anyway, has anyone ever really disslocated a limb, finger, toe, if so, was it excruitiating and did you need to go to hospital?

I once stamped on my mates hand as he was trying to pick up a water balloon and smack it off me (I tried to stamp on the balloon, not his hand), I broke 1 finger and dislocated another - oops! :)

lorrebreaker
13th May, 2008, 01:06 PM
I dislocated my shoulder once when me and some mates from school were messing about, it was the second most painful feeling ive ever had (susan giving me diet pepsi instead of water to drink after coming round from having my tonsils removed was the most painful)

It definately didnt *pop* back into place as i ended up at the hospital and i know they must have given me some kind of sedative or it would have taken a spatula to get me of the ceiling.

C64
13th May, 2008, 01:08 PM
LMAO @ the Pepsi, was it ice cold and heavily carbonated ;)

lorrebreaker
13th May, 2008, 01:15 PM
It was ice cold and i felt every bubble, we laugh about it now .............. but i almost wet my pants. :afraid:

Tell you what though ... it certainly brought me round from the anesthetic, wasnt groggy after that.

DiscoDave
13th May, 2008, 10:27 PM
I dislocated my knee and it took 7 months of physio to get it back into action worst pain in the world my lower leg was @ 90 degrees to my thigh side ways.

:stickyman:

paul2007
16th May, 2008, 07:39 PM
No but broke a toe playing beach footy with the kids - Embarassed or what!!

Ham
16th May, 2008, 07:51 PM
"Anyone ever dislocated a joint?"

No but I lost one down the back of the sofa whilst looking for the matches.

(sorry) :)

C64
16th May, 2008, 09:01 PM
lol HAM, great reply:)

aftermath
16th May, 2008, 09:14 PM
i put our lasses hip out if that counts, lol

smirnoff_rules
16th May, 2008, 09:17 PM
think its about time u went underneath m8

aftermath
16th May, 2008, 09:20 PM
pmsl, good idea, will ask her if i can

eazt
17th May, 2008, 02:56 PM
My shoulder used to dislocate all the time following a car crash.
At first it made me feel sick and i had to go to the hospital to get it put back.
After a while i got used to it and just clicked it back in myself.
Had an op since and if it comes out it usually pops straight back in on its own.

would'nt do it like mel gibson tho

contemptx
18th May, 2008, 01:55 PM
I have shattered my foot before, when i was in cyprus dancing on a pole with this girl and i jumped down and she jumped down after me and landed on my foot and shattered it with her heals.

zippo
18th May, 2008, 03:09 PM
"Anyone ever dislocated a joint?"

No but I lost one down the back of the sofa whilst looking for the matches.

(sorry) :)
lol good answer

Salami
18th May, 2008, 11:03 PM
I remember I was playing football with my mates when i was about 16.

I went for a 50/50 ball and dropped like a stone and landed awkwardly on my shoulder. I was is ~~~~ing agony and i couldn't move my left arm, as I stood up my shoulder make a loud crack sound and i found I could move my arm again, it was still really painfull so I retired from the game and walked home.

I think i had dislocated it but luckily it popped itself back in - I don't even know if this is possible, but I like to tell people about the time I dislocated my shoulder ;) ;)

Anyway, has anyone ever really disslocated a limb, finger, toe, if so, was it excruitiating and did you need to go to hospital?

I once stamped on my mates hand as he was trying to pick up a water balloon and smack it off me (I tried to stamp on the balloon, not his hand), I broke 1 finger and dislocated another - oops! :)

Yes I have I dislocated a roasted Lam Shoulder last week lol.

shortyball
19th May, 2008, 01:23 PM

im not sure i should ask but how on earth did you manage that it must of took some interesting move. As the hip is the hardest to disolcate and probably the most painfull to get back in.

Ive dislocated my elbow twice, broke near enough every finger i have, and one of my ankles, then proceeded to destroy the ligments on said ankle twice. took some healing.

skinterz
20th May, 2008, 12:36 AM
i remember years ago me and the lads get pissed drunk 13 bottles of pills and decided to take mates RM80 up the feilds of course i jump on it and like a twat full throttle it around the feilds i came around one corner slow like and hit the powerband ....out of control hit a bank bike stayed where it was and me flying through air landed on my back broke wrist dislocated elbow .....mate dai was lie is my bike alright ...had to have gas n air in hospital to stick joint back in but still felt it ...

Baaheeduk
20th May, 2008, 10:11 AM
I've dislocated my arm twice. Both times were toy fighting with my dad?

fofusion
20th May, 2008, 09:06 PM
I broke both my legs when I was 7.

Good times.

golfa
22nd May, 2008, 08:11 AM
I dislocated my hip playing football at about 13 years old (goalkeeper). Can't describe the pain and I'm feeling slightly sick thinking about it. Ended up I had to have a hip replacement at 43

billy_boy786
23rd May, 2008, 06:46 PM
My shoulder used to dislocate all the time following a car crash.
At first it made me feel sick and i had to go to the hospital to get it put back.
After a while i got used to it and just clicked it back in myself.
Had an op since and if it comes out it usually pops straight back in on its own.

would'nt do it like mel gibson tho

similar situation with my knee, after a "friendly" game of footy. still happens here n there, i just punch it back in n all is good again. should really go get it checked out. its a pain when it happens in winter tho

fatboyslim01
25th May, 2008, 12:26 AM
i wathed me m8 put his shoulder out during a round of kick boxing looked really painfull

keasy
25th May, 2008, 09:23 AM
I never dislocated a joint as such but I remember cutting my finger almost straight through the bone when I was an apprentice butcher. Had to get it sewn back on.