PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot 308 mileage correction how to

ACDC
24th September, 2012, 03:39 PM
Hi guys.

I just want some advice with a Peugeot 308. Car is quite new, make is 2012, but it already needs a mileage correction. From what I read from some of the threads I haven't been able to find a 25C128 in the BSI, instead mine has a 24C128. Is this the EEPROM that contains the mileage value? Also do I need to get the bin from the dashboard as well, or only the BSI? Has anyone done this before?

carbandit
24th September, 2012, 04:46 PM
dash also needs to be done 95020 eprom you have to remove needles straight -up [do not twist or anti clockwise]...

bsi has a 95128 eprom ..read both file and post

ACDC
24th September, 2012, 05:55 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't have a 95128 or a 25c128, this one has a 24c128 and no other eeproms on the board. Check the attachment

ALEXEI
24th September, 2012, 06:00 PM
its Jonson Control or Continental ? The bsi ?
The eep 24c128 is the one which store km.
You must do also dash

carbandit
24th September, 2012, 07:22 PM
i think it must be continental ..sorry i have not seen one but if you remove 24c eprom and take a read and post here im sure one of our members will crack it ..

ps remember to post original km

maybach_
24th September, 2012, 07:45 PM
For the Valeo BSI is best to remove the 24c128 read eep modify and enter the value you want and putt 0 inn the dasch....

Sorry for my english!

ACDC
28th September, 2012, 03:59 PM
Update on the situation: called a friend for help, and got the mileage corrected successfully. Only problem was that he was angry because mileage needed to be advanced a bit and not set backwards, and it would have been enough to modify mileage in BSI, and the mileage would have been automatically advanced forward in the dash. But the only problem was that I fitted a dash that had more km-s in it than the previous one and that rewrote the BSI too....so to rewind the odometer both BSI and dash had to be tampered with. So made work harder than it was necessary :S

Conclusion: don't ever ever try to plug in a dash that has more km-s in it than the previous one, because it will rewrite BSI too.

Thanks for all who replied though :)