PDA

View Full Version : Sound stutters on TM6800-HD

petersu
24th September, 2012, 06:49 PM
Has anyone got problems with stuttering audio on their TM6800-HD? I can watch all channels fine without any problems but when I play back a recording the sound stutters and it's unwatchable. The same recording plays fine when played back on a PC. Any ideas? I have contacted Technomate support but they are taking their time.
I have the latest official firmware 7.06.

Thanks

mdt
24th September, 2012, 08:18 PM
Has anyone got problems with stuttering audio on their TM6800-HD? I can watch all channels fine without any problems but when I play back a recording the sound stutters and it's unwatchable. The same recording plays fine when played back on a PC. Any ideas? I have contacted Technomate support but they are taking their time.
I have the latest official firmware 7.06.

Thanks

have you tried using un-official firmware from tm dowload center? regards mdt

petersu
25th September, 2012, 08:03 AM
Is putting on un-official software a one way street or can I just install the official stuff again afterwards?

petersu
25th September, 2012, 08:30 AM
Also, where can I find the latest patches? Everything I see is very old...

Ignore this. Found the latest patch based on 7.06 software.

petersu
27th September, 2012, 08:02 AM
Right, I have now installed the phantom patch based on the 7.06 officical software but the stutter remains. I already formatted the disk and tried other disks as well.

Any suggestions?

(Still nothing from Technomate tech support :-( )

Thanks!

mdt
27th September, 2012, 01:06 PM
Right, I have now installed the phantom patch based on the 7.06 officical software but the stutter remains. I already formatted the disk and tried other disks as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

throw it in the bin and get a box with good support.... only joking m8, maybe @thjis can help you as he knows technomates ,regards mdt

thijs
27th September, 2012, 06:16 PM

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
How did you format your HDD did you try formatting in the diskmanager menu in your tm and make sure to turn off permanent timeshift because the tm's don't really like that.

petersu
27th September, 2012, 06:57 PM
I already formatted it once using the TM. I'll do it again but just remind me how to check the permanent time shift?

Technmoate technical support say that they can't reproduce but will try again with different disks.

I tried with some USB sticks and my hard disk. Same result.

Thanks for looking.

thijs
27th September, 2012, 07:25 PM
when in the diskmanager menu make sure that autotimeshift is off.

petersu
27th September, 2012, 07:36 PM
On my TM6800-HD there is no autotimeshift option in the DiskManager menu. Also, when I watch something I cannot rewind unless I have pressed record first, so I think that model doesn't do autotimeshift.

Needless to say that another disk format did not change anything.

Anything else I could try?

thijs
27th September, 2012, 07:54 PM
that's strange because th 6900 non super i used to have did have autotimeshift option would be the same as yours just not dtt.
How did you load your firmware did you follow the adviced way
1. backup channellist
2.factory reset
3.load original latest firmware from Download center (http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/reply.php?board=original&num=9)
4.factory reset
5. load latest patch from Download center (http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/reply.php?board=tm6000none&num=3)
6.factory reset
7. put back on channellist
8.rescan sats in use
while doing this keep your hdd unplugged.
see how this goes for you
sounds like a lot of work but this way any bugs/crap left from old patches/firmware should be erased

petersu
27th September, 2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks. I'll give that a go and report back.

petersu
28th September, 2012, 07:06 AM
All done but again no change :-(.

Anything else I could try?

dick b
28th September, 2012, 12:25 PM
hello mate,I dont ever record as a rule but I"v just had a go on my old TM6800HD on a usb stick with patch 706 and had no probs with sound on SD recording but HD recording was as you say unwatchable the sound stuttered badly and the box itself froze in the end.I"v got a few different patches to try and will post if I have any luck.

dick b
28th September, 2012, 01:07 PM
tried several patches and found 699p was ok give it a try,the official 706 firmware I found just as bad.
the only snag I found on HD was that after fast forwarding and going back to"play"there was (only sometimes)no sound but a quick dab on the rewind button and"play"again brings it back so not a big problem.IT didnt do it on SD.

petersu
28th September, 2012, 01:42 PM
Ok, thanks for the tip. However, since the frequency change on some of the German channels this summer the picture on those channels was not fluid and that was corrected with 7.06. I'll try it anyway to see how it behaves.

dick b
28th September, 2012, 04:31 PM
yeah I only tested it on 28.2E HD channels

petersu
30th September, 2012, 01:54 PM
I did some more tests. Please note that I am using Einsfestival HD on Astra 19.2 for my tests (other channels are also affected though).

With software 7.06 the sound stutters when playing back recordings made with software 7.05 and 7.06.
With software 7.05 the sound is fine when playing back recordings made with software 7.05 and 7.06.

I will stay on 7.05 for now. I can live with jerky pictures on some channels but at least I can watch my recordings.

I sent the same info to Technomate's tech support. Hopefully they can fix it.

Manic01
30th September, 2012, 02:03 PM
Reposted so others can read.
did some more tests. Please note that I am using Einsfestival HD on Astra 19.2 for my tests (other channels are also affected though).

With software 7.06 the sound stutters when playing back recordings made with software 7.05 and 7.06.
With software 7.05 the sound is fine when playing back recordings made with software 7.05 and 7.06.

I will stay on 7.05 for now. I can live with jerky pictures on some channels but at least I can watch my recordings.

I sent the same info to Technomate's tech support. Hopefully they can fix it.

dick b
30th September, 2012, 03:05 PM
I done some further tests with patch 699 on the following HD channels, Das erte,Arte,Einsfestival,Swr,Zdf,Orf1 and Orf2.all recorded and played back(sound & vision) ok except for a little sound glitching at the very start but all except Zdf settled down with in seconds.

petersu
30th September, 2012, 03:18 PM
Yep, that's the same with 705.

I'm just hoping that Technomate get their act together quickly. However, so far they say that they can't reproduce my sound stutter with 7.06 :-(

dick b
30th September, 2012, 03:25 PM
Yep, that's the same with 705.

I'm just hoping that Technomate get their act together quickly. However, so far they say that they can't reproduce my sound stutter with 7.06 :-(

I woudnt hold your breath!!!! if I can find it I"m sure they can.
if I get around to it I"ll try it on another box later.

dick b
1st October, 2012, 11:44 AM
I"d try and replace the TM6800,as I said earlier I dont record as a rule but I gave a good test with a spiderbox 7000 last night with a usb stick on the german channels I listed before and the results were 1st class no sound or vision problems at all.there will of course be other boxes that dont have the problems of the TM.