PDA

View Full Version : mercedes w209 clk engine misfire and eml after flash dash

enigmauk
26th September, 2012, 06:45 PM
Hi guys

I first 0 miles the dash and readapt with star as per my old thread.

Then I flash dash and changed miles but nothing happened. It's still the same miles, I used enigma to flash. Now engine management light is on and car is misfiring after checking with diagnostic machine it says that Star Code p201a-001 is misfiring of cylinder.

It's impossible it can happen because of flash dash?

ALEXEI
26th September, 2012, 06:48 PM
you drive us crazzy .

enigmauk
26th September, 2012, 06:57 PM
Lol ::-)

I know this must be impossible. Flashing is only flashing dash right?

ALEXEI
26th September, 2012, 07:32 PM
this car should work with flash km only in dash . of course if you know how to do this with your enigma. if you have cable for back dash plug its easy

sparkz02
26th September, 2012, 07:45 PM
I dont use enigma but i use dp3 and i know to flash the dash you have to have it out of the car, also if you do it obd, airbag light normally comes on. If you have star why not adapt the dash using star?

enigmauk
26th September, 2012, 10:48 PM
I tried by using cluster plug and on screen it shows the new mileage after disconnecting and putting it in the car old mileage shows even with it flashed. I then tried flash by OBD then engine management light was omg with that error. I think the OBD flash caused it?

enigmauk
28th September, 2012, 01:04 AM
It turns out this fault was intermittent and the customer forgot to tell me. So it turns out the enigma didnt cause this... however I wonder why it didnt change mileage after flashing using dash plug or OBD... time to contact enigma team on this one.

honingkoning
28th September, 2012, 03:24 PM
It turns out this fault was intermittent and the customer forgot to tell me. So it turns out the enigma didnt cause this... however I wonder why it didnt change mileage after flashing using dash plug or OBD... time to contact enigma team on this one.

Old milleage turn back because of the ezs keeps ori milleage, how much options does enigma have for flashing dash?
if its the same as tachouniversal you have 2 options km+flash and also km only.
If you choose km only ezs will overwrite your dash.

Regards Adam.

sparkz02
28th September, 2012, 04:08 PM
Some dashes just cant be flashed, in that case use ur star and virgin dash n ezs etc.

enigmauk
28th September, 2012, 07:33 PM
Old milleage turn back because of the ezs keeps ori milleage, how much options does enigma have for flashing dash?
if its the same as tachouniversal you have 2 options km+flash and also km only.
If you choose km only ezs will overwrite your dash.

Regards Adam.

Yes I chose the flash option but I think sparkz is right... it doesnt work with all dashes... customer wasn't paying for correction anyway so its ok he only wanted the mileage to show on the speedo.