PDA

View Full Version : How to instal xbmc navi-x on your ipad

johnboy1974
26th September, 2012, 08:07 PM
What your ipad was made for- the xbox media centre(xbmc) with the naxi-x plugin. This plug in will get you football movies and tv programmes(complete seasons).

Guys i have updated this as a lot of folk have been having problems. Follow this tutorial in the exact order it is written and it will work.

Of course your ipad needs to be jailbroken. Grab your ipad and go into cydia and grab a free copy of ifile from repo.hackyouriphone.org/ Try and get version 1.9.1-1 its the latest and known to work.

next in cydia goto mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios press the teamxbmc icon and install the xbmc-ios.
This will put the xbmc app on your iPads home page. Press your home button and restart your ipad.

On your ipad open up your safari browser and go digital kaos and log in as usual then go to this very page you are reading right now and at the very bottom of this first post is a download link Navi-x_v37_6.zip Go ahead and touch it. It will give you an option to open this file in ifile so go ahead and select this option.
The ifile system on your ipad will now open up and a box appears with two options zip viewer and unarchiver, go ahead and press unarchiver. A black screen appears and white text starts to scroll. Once the text stops scrolling press the done button on the top right of the screen.

Alternatively on your ipads safari browser and using google as your search engine type in the search bar navi-x_v37_6.zip
it should come as first choice navi-x_v37_6.zip - google code go ahead and touch the link. Now the navi x download link comes up at the top of the screen, it says Navi-x_v37_6.zip 994kb in blue hyperlink. Go ahead and touch the hyperlink. You are now taken to a page that has an option to open in "ifile" go ahead and touch it. The ifile system will open up a box appears with two options, zip viewer or unarchiver- go ahead press unarchiver. A black screen appears and white text starts to scroll. Once the text has stopped scrolling press the done button on the top right of the screen.

Press your iPads home button and you will find the xbmc icon on your home screen. Go ahead and start it up. Let the app update itself it takes about a minute then press settings button on bottom left of the screen then press the appearance button then press the button near the top that says skin touched and change it to confluence. On the bottom right side of the screen there is a picture of a house go ahead press it.
You will see see the appearance of the app change dramitacally and it now has a shiny new blue theme. In the middle of the screen there is a task bar, go ahead and scroll it to the left till the system button lights up blue. Underneath it there are some smaller buttons, press the settings button then press the add-ons button. Now press the button that says install from zip then press home folder then press the documents button. We now see the naxi-x_v37_6.zip button so go ahead press it and it will install itself automatically. A small box appears on the bottom right of the screen to confirm that it is indeed installed.
Once again press the small house button on the bottom left of the screen and scroll the centre task bar to programs then press it.
A button appears that says navi-x so go ahead and press it to start the program. This is how you will start up the navi-x plug in from now on.
Press the button that says Navi-xtreme media portal, i reccomend the most viewed 24 hours and most viewed 7 days- enjoy.
Remember youtube has some nice tutorials on how to navigate the navi-x interface and get the most from it.

Another nice add on is icefilms. From the main xbmc menu select video then add ons then select get more. In the list that comes up, search for and instal icefilms. Once installed the program is accessed from video then add ons.

johnboy1974
26th September, 2012, 08:45 PM
Here is a youtube tutorial to help you use navi x and find your way about.
XMBC & Navi-X on your iPad - YouTube

yasminandrio
2nd October, 2012, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=johnboy1974;1710822]Guys I used ifile from the xsellize repo in cydia and used yahoo mail to forward the email.

Navi-x on the xbmc(xbox media centre)
Follow the tutorial to install and get free hd footie even the 3pm saturday kickoffs, and thousands of hd movies right on your ipad 1,2 and 3.
A must have for any ipad owner
Please be aware that your ipad needs to be jailbroken and cydia instaled.

Go into cydia sources/edit/add in the box that appears insert the source mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios/

Press done button then press team xbmc
Press xbmc-ios and go ahead and instal it.

Press the search button and in the box at the top insert the word ifile. choose the version with the x beside it as this one is free. Go ahead and download it.

Restart your device.

Download the file at the bottom of this page Navi-X_v37_6.zip and save it to your desktop(do not unzip it, keep it as it is). Now open your email and send this file to yourself by adding as an attatchment.
On your ipad in landscape(widescreen)mode, open up your email and open up the attatchment you sent to yourself by pressing the box it is set in. Keep pressing until a box comes up which says open in "ifile". Press this box and ifile will open up on your ipad.

On the ifile screen there is the file we just sent there called Navi-X_v37_6(1).zip. Press it then press unarchiver then press done.
press the Navi-X_v37_6(1).zip. button again and hold it down. You get two options select and select all. Choose select then hold down the Navi-X_v37_6(1).zip. button again and choose the cut option. Then press done.

Now press home button on the left page(not the picture of the house)then press media then press edit then press the + sign at the bottom of the screen. In the box that pops up type in navi x then press create, then press done.

Now scroll down the screen till you find the navi x folder you just created, click on it and a blank screen appears.Touch the screen and hold till the paste option comes up then press paste.

HI ALL

When i get to the opening the zip file in my emails i am not able to open it in the Ifile i have tried many different way pressing and holding the attchment down pressing the file down and letting it go and pressing really fast on the file none of the ways ask me to open in ifile they just try open the file and then a ? comes up on the file and goes nowhere!! it has asked me to download but then says file cant download error. i have followed the tut correct from the start, My IPAD 2 on 5.0.1 is jailbroken, is there anything else i need to have installed before i get to this part I have on my IPAD XBMC and IFILE . Thanks

johnboy1974
2nd October, 2012, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=johnboy1974;1710822]Guys I used ifile from the xsellize repo in cydia and used yahoo mail to forward the email.

Navi-x on the xbmc(xbox media centre)
Follow the tutorial to install and get free hd footie even the 3pm saturday kickoffs, and thousands of hd movies right on your ipad 1,2 and 3.
A must have for any ipad owner
Please be aware that your ipad needs to be jailbroken and cydia instaled.

Go into cydia sources/edit/add in the box that appears insert the source mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios/

Press done button then press team xbmc
Press xbmc-ios and go ahead and instal it.

Press the search button and in the box at the top insert the word ifile. choose the version with the x beside it as this one is free. Go ahead and download it.

Restart your device.

Download the file at the bottom of this page Navi-X_v37_6.zip and save it to your desktop(do not unzip it, keep it as it is). Now open your email and send this file to yourself by adding as an attatchment.
On your ipad in landscape(widescreen)mode, open up your email and open up the attatchment you sent to yourself by pressing the box it is set in. Keep pressing until a box comes up which says open in "ifile". Press this box and ifile will open up on your ipad.

On the ifile screen there is the file we just sent there called Navi-X_v37_6(1).zip. Press it then press unarchiver then press done.
press the Navi-X_v37_6(1).zip. button again and hold it down. You get two options select and select all. Choose select then hold down the Navi-X_v37_6(1).zip. button again and choose the cut option. Then press done.

Now press home button on the left page(not the picture of the house)then press media then press edit then press the + sign at the bottom of the screen. In the box that pops up type in navi x then press create, then press done.

Now scroll down the screen till you find the navi x folder you just created, click on it and a blank screen appears.Touch the screen and hold till the paste option comes up then press paste.

HI ALL

When i get to the opening the zip file in my emails i am not able to open it in the Ifile i have tried many different way pressing and holding the attchment down pressing the file down and letting it go and pressing really fast on the file none of the ways ask me to open in ifile they just try open the file and then a ? comes up on the file and goes nowhere!! it has asked me to download but then says file cant download error. i have followed the tut correct from the start, My IPAD 2 on 5.0.1 is jailbroken, is there anything else i need to have installed before i get to this part I have on my IPAD XBMC and IFILE . Thanks

Mate try reinstalling the latest Ifile version from xsellize repo and send the file via yahoo mail, open an account if needs be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yasminandrio
2nd October, 2012, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=yasminandrio;1716833]

Mate try reinstalling the latest Ifile version from xsellize repo and send the file via yahoo mail, open an account if needs be.

I have tried again reinstalling and when i press the file i just either get a little box with a ? in it or i get a message play in media centre or or download to file when i press download just get a error message!! I have yahoo mail!!

yasminandrio
2nd October, 2012, 06:07 PM
Still not working done all what is said when i press it i am getting a white screen with name of file at top then download or play in mediaplayer
Then it says click dowload to the file to your
/var/mobile/library/downloads folder.

Warning: if this file already exists in the downloads floder it will be overwritten..

Anymore help would be grateful. thank all

kebabs
2nd October, 2012, 06:17 PM
Google fusion Xbmc and follow the instructions from there, I got stuck in the same boat as you, then went the fusion way and worked right away

yasminandrio
2nd October, 2012, 06:27 PM
Google fusion Xbmc and follow the instructions from there, I got stuck in the same boat as you, then went the fusion way and worked right away

Thanks kebabs did see something earlier on net, I have google fusion Xbmc but i dont want to mess it up have you got a link to where u went? Thanks

johnboy1974
2nd October, 2012, 08:44 PM
[quote=johnboy1974;1717283]

I have tried again reinstalling and when i press the file i just either get a little box with a ? in it or i get a message play in media centre or or download to file when i press download just get a error message!! I have yahoo mail!!

Mate I don't know how to help you any further as ive done about ten of these things in the last week and all went like clockwork. Pressing the attatchment should say open in ifile.

johnboy1974
2nd October, 2012, 08:49 PM
Still not working done all what is said when i press it i am getting a white screen with name of file at top then download or play in mediaplayer
Then it says click dowload to the file to your
/var/mobile/library/downloads folder.

Warning: if this file already exists in the downloads floder it will be overwritten..

Anymore help would be grateful. thank all

Try downloading it to var/mobile/library/downloads then select it and cut it.
Find the media folder and then edit then + type in navi x in the box then press create.
Scroll down to the navi x folder you just made and click on it- it goes to an empty page now press the screen and hold down then press paste.
Follow instructions as per first post from there.

johnboy1974
2nd October, 2012, 08:56 PM
You can also try to put the zip file in var/mobile/media/navi x
Using an ssh program and a tether to your iPad.
Create the navi x folder in media first by pressing edit then + then navi x in the box that comes up then press create.

johnboy1974
2nd October, 2012, 08:58 PM
Another option I've been told works is to send the email to Dropbox and you will get the open in ifile option too.
Instal the Dropbox from iTunes it's free and visit Dropbox.com to sign up to Dropbox account free too.

johnboy1974
2nd October, 2012, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=yasminandrio;1717316]

Mate I don't know how to help you any further as ive done about ten of these things in the last week and all went like clockwork. Pressing the attatchment should say open in ifile.
Try some of the suggestions above

yasminandrio
3rd October, 2012, 09:29 AM
The fusion way was by far the easier, all other ways same a long way round and are hit or miss!! soon as i changed the Skins in xbmc and press in the add source with my two fingers it was so easy. I would tell everyone to do it this way, Thanks all for your help.

megahertz187
3rd October, 2012, 08:41 PM
Hi John
Ive completed everything upto the point where you say not to hit the home button (the House) as its the only home button i can see. Any help plz :rock:

johnboy1974
3rd October, 2012, 09:34 PM
Hi John
Ive completed everything upto the point where you say not to hit the home button (the House) as its the only home button i can see. Any help plz :rock:

Make sure you press the done button after cutting the file(top right)
Make sure you have the iPad in landscape mode ie side on.
On the left side of the page it says the word "home"

Sneaky Duck
19th November, 2012, 02:29 AM
I've been looking everywhere for help with installing navi x on my iPad since their downloads page changed.

I will update this post and let you know how it goes...!

Edit: thank you so much this was so easy with your help :)

<3

kingd
24th December, 2012, 10:09 PM
Need to download file

open this page on safari click on download link and when prompted open with ifile
then go xbmc and programs ,add new program by unrar file and it will install automaticly all done then enjoy hope that makes some scence ? spelling not my strong point ?????

cablefreejunkie
29th December, 2012, 08:56 PM
Excellent info John
Works a treat

xbc
31st January, 2013, 11:44 PM
I keep getting Error script failed :navi x when I select it
it was working fine for some time, I have removed xbmc and re-installed navi x a number of times but still the same anyone know whats up ?

zahi_k
1st February, 2013, 03:21 AM
Same in here.... Getting Script failed all the time.....

johnboy1974
1st February, 2013, 05:04 PM
I keep getting Error script failed :navi x when I select it
it was working fine for some time, I have removed xbmc and re-installed navi x a number of times but still the same anyone know whats up ?

Do you mean when you select navi x or a channel or film on navi x.

zahi_k
1st February, 2013, 05:22 PM
Hello,
After we go to program and select the navi x plugin, we get the error....
Navi x does not open... Just error as mentioned....

xbc
1st February, 2013, 10:26 PM
I have been reading and they are saying do not update your xbmc or you will get this problem with Navi-X , still trying to find out how to put an older version of xbmc back on my ipad.

"Update" all sorted I went into Settings- Appearence and changed the skin from Touched to Confluence and then Navi X works fine

johnboy1974
1st February, 2013, 11:54 PM
I have been reading and they are saying do not update your xbmc or you will get this problem with Navi-X , still trying to find out how to put an older version of xbmc back on my ipad.

"Update" all sorted I went into Settings- Appearence and changed the skin from Touched to Confluence and then Navi X works fine

Nice one xbc that seems to get it back working again I'm sure an update to sort it out with the old skin will be imminent. Good work mate.

zahi_k
3rd February, 2013, 05:43 AM
Works for me with the skin change... Thanks...

shereen1980
4th February, 2013, 08:41 PM
Hi, I cannot do it. Can you please help?

phil2usa
6th February, 2013, 12:00 AM
help please

abdellah
7th February, 2013, 07:58 PM
Manage to get to unzip file with i file from cydia but don"t get the option any hint to make it work?

johnboy1974
8th February, 2013, 01:41 PM
Manage to get to unzip file with i file from cydia but don"t get the option any hint to make it work?

Have you got the iPad in landscape mode ie side on.

redeye094
8th February, 2013, 02:17 PM
thanks
looking forward to going home to try and get script error fixed

abdellah
9th February, 2013, 01:39 AM
still not working when i press the unziped file on safari a white screen get an error message i kept doing this sevrl times but no chance any thanks by the way how to get (widescreen)?

johnboy1974
10th February, 2013, 09:54 AM
still not working when i press the unziped file on safari a white screen get an error message i kept doing this sevrl times but no chance any thanks by the way how to get (widescreen)?

Turn your iPad on its side to get widescreen. Ie landscape mode.

wetdog
11th February, 2013, 07:05 PM
i cant find the home button on the left, i am in landscape mode, only home with the house picture.

when 'completed' i press the navi button and it says script failed.

Tanc
14th February, 2013, 12:49 AM
Looking forward to install navi x on my ipad. Does anyone know if its possible to add love film and sports devil in manually? I've done this on my laptop but I'm not sure how to go around it on the ipad. It's useful when the navix server is down to have direct alternative links.

Tanc
14th February, 2013, 01:22 AM
i cant find the home button on the left, i am in landscape mode, only home with the house picture.

when 'completed' i press the navi button and it says script failed.

Got exactly the same problem. Followed all the instructions and everything worked fine but navi x won't open? :dong:

abdellah
18th February, 2013, 10:51 PM
pls any has an idea how to watch aljazeera sport on xbmc many thanks

johnboy1974
19th February, 2013, 08:01 AM
Looking forward to install navi x on my ipad. Does anyone know if its possible to add love film and sports devil in manually? I've done this on my laptop but I'm not sure how to go around it on the ipad. It's useful when the navix server is down to have direct alternative links.

Love film has a standalone app available free on the App Store.

barloworld
20th February, 2013, 09:24 PM
Is there any way to speed it up, mine is so slow its always buffering and takes ages to load the menus

billy2
21st February, 2013, 12:20 AM
can you airplay with xbmc ???? or get it to work on a tv
cheers

johnboy1974
21st February, 2013, 05:06 PM
can you airplay with xbmc ???? or get it to work on a tv
cheers

Not compatible with AirPlay and mirror mode is slow and cumbersome so no.

Jo-Jo
24th February, 2013, 05:30 PM
just install on a laptop and use the xbmc hub wizard for all your addons and connect to the tv i have a rasberry pi with it installed on connected via hdmi

wazzzzupmate
24th February, 2013, 10:11 PM
New user learnt so much here in 5 mins, thanks

Tobydal
26th February, 2013, 12:08 PM
Hi guys. Noobie trying to install navi-x. Going to try the link above. Thanks.

Tobydal
26th February, 2013, 01:40 PM
Ok, so it all worked until I tried to open it and it in XBMC and it came up with a 'script failed' error.

edit: Note to self - read posts thoroughly! changed skins from 'Touch' to 'Confluence' now works fine.
thank you guys :-)

nathan0fteeside
7th March, 2013, 10:18 PM
error script failed navi x done changed skin thanks all

johnboy1974
2nd April, 2013, 06:57 AM
error script failed navi x done changed skin thanks all

Change skin first to confluence then instal the zip file. New instructions see first post.