PDA

View Full Version : Xbmc navi-x on your iphone

johnboy1974
26th September, 2012, 09:45 PM
How to instal xbmc navi-x on your iphone
Guys I used ifile from the xsellize repo in cydia and sent my email via yahoo mail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Navi-x on the xbmc(xbox media centre)
Follow the tutorial to install and get free hd footie even the 3pm saturday kickoffs, and thousands of hd movies right on your iphone.
A must have for any iphone owner
Please be aware that your iphone needs to be jailbroken and cydia instaled.

Go into cydia sources/edit/add in the box that appears insert the source mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios/

Press done button then press team xbmc
Press xbmc-ios and go ahead and instal it.

Press the search button and in the box at the top insert the word ifile. choose the version with the x beside it as this one is free. Go ahead and download it.

Restart your device.

Download the file at the bottom of this page Navi-X_v37_6.zip and save it to your desktop, do not unzip the file leave it as it is. Now open your email and send this file to yourself by adding as an attatchment.
On your iPhone, open up your email and open up the attatchment you sent to yourself by pressing the box it is set in. Keep pressing until a box comes up which says open in "ifile". Press this box and ifile will open up on your iphone.

On the ifile screen there is the file we just sent there called Navi-X_v37_6(1).zip. Press it then press unarchiver then press done.
press the Navi-X_v37_6(1).zip. button again and hold it down. You get two options select and select all. Choose select then hold down the Navi-X_v37_6(1).zip. button again and choose the cut option. Then press done.

Now press the mobile button then media button then press the edit button and then the + sign at the bottom of the screen. In the box that pops up type in navi x then press create, then press done.

Now scroll down the page and click on the naxi x folder you just created and a blank page appears, touch the screen and hold till the paste option comes up then press paste.

Now restart your iphone.

Open up the xbmc icon on you iphone and let it update itself it takes about 1 minute. When done press the settings button at the bottom left of page then press the add ons button then press install from zip file then press home folder then press navi x then press
Navi-X_v37_6(1).zip.
The zip file will instal itself onto the xbmc program.
Press the home button top right then press programs then press Navi-x
Press the naxi x portal button and start browsing through the stuff on there, i recomend most viewed 24 hours and most viewed last 7 days.

johnboy1974
26th September, 2012, 09:49 PM
Heres a tutorial on how to use navi-x
XMBC & Navi-X on your iPad - YouTube

dell_xps
27th September, 2012, 12:18 PM
Great tut m8, cheers, will try it tonight :-)

dell_xps
27th September, 2012, 05:58 PM
Any tuts for getting it up and running on apple tv m8 ?

johnboy1974
27th September, 2012, 07:36 PM

Dell if i find anything out i will pm you as we have no apple tv section on here mate.

dell_xps
27th September, 2012, 08:43 PM
Ok cheers m8 !!

wetdog
27th September, 2012, 08:56 PM
hey dude, i am failing at the ifile bit.
i already have ifile installed, when i email the zip file and try to click on it it just says copy and open.

deleted ifile and looked for a version with an x and cant find one, have several ifiles, 1 that states cracked.

any idea's bud?

ferarrifeet
27th September, 2012, 09:39 PM
hi, managed to get to unzip file with ifile but don't get the option of select or select all when press and hold, any ideas. thanks

dell_xps
27th September, 2012, 10:05 PM
Dudes you have to have your ipad in landscape mode or you will not see those files, and click on the cracked ifile, some parts of the tut are a wee bit off, but on the hole it's pretty much spot on :-)

johnboy1974
28th September, 2012, 07:53 AM
hey dude, i am failing at the ifile bit.
i already have ifile installed, when i email the zip file and try to click on it it just says copy and open.

deleted ifile and looked for a version with an x and cant find one, have several ifiles, 1 that states cracked.

any idea's bud?

Mick try yahoo mail that's who I'm sending the zip file with and I've done about 10 iPads in the last week.
Yahoo mail open an account send the attachment to yourself.
Also make sure you follow my tutorial to the letter pressing the done button where I state.

The Ifile is the xsellize repo version(the one with the x)
Add the xsellize repo by adding it in cydia the address is cydia.xsellize.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

johnboy1974
28th September, 2012, 07:55 AM

Dell apple tv 3rd generation(2012 model) has not been jail broken yet but earlier versions have. Google apple tv season pass.

dell_xps
28th September, 2012, 08:33 AM
I have it jailbroken m8 with season pass, just I can't see navi x on it , must have to add it somehow ?

johnboy1974
28th September, 2012, 10:55 AM
I have it jailbroken m8 with season pass, just I can't see navi x on it , must have to add it somehow ?

Google it mate

sounddave
28th September, 2012, 03:54 PM
Its easier to add additional sources (including navi-x) this way

in XBMC go to file manager, and Add Source (you need to hold two fingers over Add Source so the new window pops up

Add this repo
http:// sinfulxbmc.imacrepo.com

Name it sinful, or whatever you want, back out of it.

Then go to System, then Add-ons then install from zip file, and open the "sinful" link you added previous, you can then install 1channel, Icefilms, Sports Devil, Video Devil, anything you want.

Once installed via zip go to Get Add-ons then All Addons and just install what you want.

Then in Videos go to Add-ons and all your channels and repos will be there.

if that doesnt make sense google "fusion XBMC" it'll explain with pictures

johnboy1974
28th September, 2012, 08:20 PM

in XBMC go to file manager, and Add Source (you need to hold two fingers over Add Source so the new window pops up

Add this repo

Then go to System, then Add-ons then install from zip file, and open the "sinful" link you added previous, you can then install 1channel, Icefilms, Sports Devil, Video Devil, anything you want.

Once installed via zip go to Get Add-ons then All Addons and just install what you want.

Nice one mate that certainly sounds a lot easier.

dell_xps
28th September, 2012, 08:30 PM
Installed on Apple TV, however it freezes when you click on Navi X have to reboot the box, anybody came across this ?

johnboy1974
28th September, 2012, 09:41 PM

Add this repo

How do you access the file manager

pl1976
28th September, 2012, 10:23 PM
First class m8. Ipad & touch done. Anbody know if i could stream it through the tv and anybody thats selling cables? Theres loads but all different software i.e 5.0

johnboy1974
29th September, 2012, 07:30 AM
First class m8. Ipad & touch done. Anbody know if i could stream it through the tv and anybody thats selling cables? Theres loads but all different software i.e 5.0

Apple tv best way to do that and it's done wirelessly.

wetdog
29th September, 2012, 05:45 PM
not yet fully exploited this yet, but it looks good.

thanks to both of you.

stevieboy10
29th September, 2012, 06:27 PM

you just use ifile :D

pl1976
29th September, 2012, 07:01 PM
Is there anyway round this doing it on yer laptop and plugging into tv via hdmi?

kebabs
30th September, 2012, 09:42 AM

Go to settings, then skin change from touched to confulence you get a straight bar menu, instead of the 4 squares. under the system you then get a drop down with file manager,from there follow the instructions from soundDave and away you go, saves the emailing etc

johnboy1974
30th September, 2012, 10:43 AM

Add this repo

can't get this to work as I cannot find the file manager, I checked out the fusion xbmc link on google and it's not the idevice version it's going on about.

johnboy1974
30th September, 2012, 02:24 PM

I'm finding that xbmc has no AirPlay button and stutters very badly when you use the mirror mode through apple tv box.

For those just wanting to watch movies check out iTheaters in cydia which has apple AirPlay support.

johnboy1974
30th September, 2012, 02:27 PM
Go to settings, then skin change from touched to confulence you get a straight bar menu, instead of the 4 squares. under the system you then get a drop down with file manager,from there follow the instructions from soundDave and away you go, saves the emailing etc

really struggling to set this up mate finding it much easier to just import the zips through email and Ifile.

If you could do a full tutorial and post it here. Remember it has to work on idevices.

johnboy1974
30th September, 2012, 02:29 PM
Is there anyway round this doing it on yer laptop and plugging into tv via hdmi?

I believe there is a pc windows version of xbmc so just google it.

Jo-Jo
30th September, 2012, 05:50 PM
I get cannot find file when I try to view content folders like 24hours etc

johnboy1974
30th September, 2012, 08:48 PM
I get cannot find file when I try to view content folders like 24hours etc

That means its a dead link try another host. They don't all work you need to search around for the ones that work.

Istreamnet on Cydia is excellent for all tv shows and free too.

jon48
1st October, 2012, 07:54 PM
i must say this is a good tutorial and very easy to do i watched sky sports football on it saturday well done m8 and keep em coming jon:wink:

Jo-Jo
1st October, 2012, 08:12 PM
i find it very hit and miss sometimes it works sometimes it does not i had it working today and watched a film but now gone back to it and get the cannot find file agail when i try view the most viewed in last 24 hours or any category for that matter

oh by the way i have it on my ios device and laptop laptop version is more or less the same way to install although you just install xbmc straight onto your windows then add the zip file

billy2
23rd October, 2012, 01:37 AM
can you airplay with navi x ???

johnboy1974
23rd October, 2012, 09:14 PM
can you airplay with navi x ???

Billy there is no AirPlay with navi x unfortunately and the mirror feature doesn't work very well either.

Itheatres(cydia) is very good for movies and all support AirPlay.

pl1976
20th January, 2013, 10:53 PM
Are all the sports streams taken off this can't seem to get them.

johnboy1974
21st January, 2013, 07:53 AM
Are all the sports streams taken off this can't seem to get them.

The sports streams seem to be on air when the sport is live.
Try looking for streams in the last 7 days or last 24 hours categories.

Stuartlindalucas
25th January, 2013, 04:35 PM
Is the navi-x download link still active for use on the iPad with xbmc

johnboy1974
26th January, 2013, 06:51 PM
Is the navi-x download link still active for use on the iPad with xbmc

Have you tried the link, let me know and I will put it up again.

pab666
6th February, 2013, 09:34 AM
After jailbreaking for the first time ever last night for IOS6.1 I followed your step by step guide but no XMBC ICON appeared on my homescreen. I get the following errors at the install stage

GPG error: http//mirrors.xmbc.org ./ Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA2

Failed to fetch
http//mirrors.xmbc.org/apt/ios/ . /Packages.bz2 Sub-process /bin/bzip2 return an error code (2)

Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones have been used.

Can you please help? I have tried to do it a second time but again get the above eroors.

shagx
7th February, 2013, 12:11 AM
Xbmc hasn't yet been upgraded to work on ios 6.1

pab666
7th February, 2013, 09:19 AM
Thanks shagx. However, after a few delete and reinstalls I now have th icon on my homescreen and also Navix added on. Havent tried watching anything yet though and it is running very slow.

GrumpyTroll
7th February, 2013, 03:35 PM
anytime i add the source in xbmc, i receive an error

Could not retrieve directory information
this could be due to the network not being connected

any ideas why this would happen?

joecool
7th February, 2013, 06:15 PM
HOW-TO:Install XBMC on iPad/iPhone/iPod touch - XBMC (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=How-to:Install_XBMC_on_iPad/iPhone/iPod_touch)

rupert murdoch
10th February, 2013, 04:19 PM
can't get this to work as I cannot find the file manager, I checked out the fusion xbmc link on google and it's not the idevice version it's going on about.

Same as mate where the ****ing hell is add source?

Got it working on my iphone 4 no problems on the default skin but wont work on my old faithful ipad 1 unless I change the skin weird tbh

Jo-Jo
12th February, 2013, 03:53 PM
just a heads up if you search cydia for xbmchub then install and run it it will add shit loads of sources to your xbmc on iphone with no need to email and files over etc

johnboy1974
12th February, 2013, 05:44 PM
just a heads up if you search cydia for xbmchub then install and run it it will add shit loads of sources to your xbmc on iphone with no need to email and files over etc

Jo-jo can you provide the source address for this.

rupert murdoch
12th February, 2013, 06:02 PM
XBMC HUB • View topic - Easy Install For Repos and Addons (http://www.xbmchub.com/oldforums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=599)

hmm gonna try this hope it can help others out

Edit found it: http://www.myrepospace.com/profile/HunterBeckham/322371/XBMC_Hub_Wizard

add http://HunterBeckham.myrepospace.com/ to your Cydia Sources

kianniamh
12th February, 2013, 10:12 PM
Jo-jo can you provide the source address for this.

Just search xbmc hub in cydia search, I've just installed it.

Jo-Jo
13th February, 2013, 12:05 AM
seems to work great on the kids ipads this xbmc hub wizard but my iPhone 5 on ios 6.1 wont install any addons it says done but nothings added i have even tried the windows version to add to iphone via ssh and that also reboots the phone says done on the laptop but nothing at all is added to xbmc

PSXman_uk
13th March, 2013, 09:59 AM
Anyone else get script error on xbmc navix ipad 3 6.1.2 when i launch just comes back with a script error ?

Fixed changed skin now all ok just need to add chanells etc

jimbob1989
7th April, 2013, 12:28 PM
thanks mate will try this been pulling hair for the last hour lol

johnboy1974
7th April, 2013, 08:18 PM
Please refer to the new sticky at the top of the iPhone section. It's been updated with new easier instructions.