PDA

View Full Version : skybox

mcdunk
10th January, 2009, 09:32 PM
hi, i have a sky box, do i need to
have a contract with sky to use it as a freeview .

thanks

caveman_nige
13th February, 2009, 10:12 PM
To be honest mate i think you only need a contract with sky if you want to watch sky tv via satellite etc... Why would you want to use it for freeview?

Curious123
13th February, 2009, 11:45 PM
I don't have any Sky kit myself but I would have expected that if you have a Sky box and a Sky dish that you would automatically get the FTA channels without the the contract.

Sirus
14th February, 2009, 12:15 AM
The box will pickup freeview channels even without a card... the card only gets you a few extra channels on top of that... FIVE/FIVE US/FIVER/SKY3

I had a SUB but its been cancelled for years and I still just use it for FREEVIEW....

.: JaCkPoT :.
14th February, 2009, 01:32 AM
Caveman he meant free to air and not terrestrial and im sure you knew that!

caveman_nige
14th February, 2009, 01:48 AM
Caveman he meant free to air and not terrestrial and im sure you knew that!

yeah figured that earlier when i saw curious's post go up, i was like 'derrrrrrrr of course that was what he meant', but hey ho though i would leave you guys to it.. :shot:

The op had been buried in another thread and it had been missed... So i brought it out into its own thread and had to post to it to bring it forward so that you guys could give it some attention as mcdunk was asking on the subject in the SB.. Now you guys have it he will get the answers he needs..

.: JaCkPoT :.
14th February, 2009, 01:11 PM
Well kv well played..atleast his getting some help now!