PDA

View Full Version : caterpillar help

han2542
29th September, 2012, 06:17 PM
hello guys need help to find a pinout for a cat ecm plug its 3176 its pretty old cant get any info out wont comunicate with the laptop software
it wont star ,
check engine light is dead but dont know if the ecm is dead or not getting any power any help would be great ita a 1993 cat thanks in advance

jdawg
29th September, 2012, 06:24 PM
if you have no power to data link and you have a 9 and 6 pin adapter, make a jumper 12v wire and plug in on free plug and it will power up your datalink then you can communicate withthe ecm when key is turned on. I'm assuming you have no power when youconnect datalink to the ecm port. If thats the case just make your own 12v power source for the datalink like i explained

han2542
29th September, 2012, 06:30 PM
if you have no power to data link and you have a 9 and 6 pin adapter, make a jumper 12v wire and plug in on free plug and it will power up your datalink then you can communicate withthe ecm when key is turned on. I'm assuming you have no power when youconnect datalink to the ecm port. If thats the case just make your own 12v power source for the datalink like i explained
power looks to be ok on the usb link but it does not comunicate im searching for the wiring to see if the problem is the ecm but i dont know which wires are grond or 12v possitive like i said its a pretty old truck and doesnt have a label any more

han2542
29th September, 2012, 06:31 PM
ecm has only one 40 pin plug just incase

mathura
29th September, 2012, 06:40 PM
ecm has only one 40 pin plug just incase

What is the engine SN, post it here let me get the schematic for you

han2542
29th September, 2012, 07:03 PM
What is the engine SN, post it here let me get the schematic for you
thanks a million mathura but i got the information and the ecm is dead did all the test in it to see if any power and all wires are ok it just wont start or power up
am doing a favor in antigua for a friend and i think he needs a new ecm for this truck any ideas guys what he could to get it fixxed or replaced