PDA

View Full Version : dbox2...RSH client error while flashing

bil
13th May, 2008, 07:58 PM
hi I m trying to flash dbox2 with a new image its coming up with RSH error which is i german, can be seen in the flash assistant RSH clientand after that it does nothind I have tried over n over but same thing, oh and I am using the null modem cable and cross-network cable, can any one help what am I doing wrong plz???:(

Jaffa
13th May, 2008, 08:07 PM
Try a different version of IFA, its a temperamental beast. V1.56 is in downloads and seems to work for most.

kintekke
13th May, 2008, 09:30 PM
I was having quite a few problems with my box and flashing it with a crossover cable from my laptop....I presume you are using the Hallenberg software???
Well when you have loaded your image to flash firstly make sure your box is powered off??(At the mains not just resetting the box) Once you have clicked ok then switch the power on to the box ....Sometimes you may have to try this a few times before it starts to flash.....then when it does start have a little patience as the process will take a few minutes....then once 'Fertig'(Finished) is displayed unplug cable and away you go

dotsz
13th May, 2008, 09:35 PM
that works it happened to me a while back

bil
14th May, 2008, 08:34 PM
thanks guys I did have it switched off and pluged it in only when I have clicked ok but it seemed to give the same error..I will try downloading the 1.5 and c how I get on. many thanks

bil
14th May, 2008, 10:35 PM
dbox2-Bootmanager
> gepatched f?r Verwendung im dbox2-ImageFlashingAssistent
> Dieses Fenster wurde nur f?r die Bereitstellung der Serverdienste ge?ffnet!
I have used several diffrent ifa software but now I am getting this message in the RSH client window. when I am running the ifa and I click ok n about to plug my Dbox in to the mains, a window opens and minimises itself do I have to enter Dbox IP and press start because hats what I have been doing, after entering the right Dbox IP and punching the start button at the bottom it says pinging dboxII ok(0ms) and om rtx.I have got 2 Dboxes they both do the same thing.. can any one help plz??????:banghead::banghead::banghead:

techquest
15th May, 2008, 11:20 AM
dbox2-Bootmanager
> gepatched f?r Verwendung im dbox2-ImageFlashingAssistent
> Dieses Fenster wurde nur f?r die Bereitstellung der Serverdienste ge?ffnet!
I have used several diffrent ifa software but now I am getting this message in the RSH client window. when I am running the ifa and I click ok n about to plug my Dbox in to the mains, a window opens and minimises itself do I have to enter Dbox IP and press start because hats what I have been doing, after entering the right Dbox IP and punching the start button at the bottom it says pinging dboxII ok(0ms) and om rtx.I have got 2 Dboxes they both do the same thing.. can any one help plz??????:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Don't believe these statements are a problem

> gepatched f?r Verwendung im dbox2-ImageFlashingAssistent - gepatched for use in the dbox2-ImageFlashingAssistent

> Dieses Fenster wurde nur f?r die Bereitstellung der Serverdienste - This window was opened only for the supply of the server services

What IFA are you using and what cables.

I use a Null modem cable and a straight Cat5 when going through my router or a NM & Xover when not going through the router.

I've used various IFA's which all seem to have their little quirks. But the most important issue, I have found, is to get the process correct and make sure that if you have a firewall it allows IFA to talk to the box or take the pc off line and take the firewall down. If you can ping your box from a command window then that will proove the path is ok on the Lan side.

As far as I'm aware IFA takes care of the coms across the Null Modem cable. But you must be sure you select the correct COM port in the box in IFA.

Another issue is to make sure that you have the image you want to upload in the right place. The best way is to put it in you C: drive, the root directory and obviously make sure that you have pointed IFA to that.

The turning on and off of the box at the correct time is vital to get a flash correctly uploaded.

If anyone can help further then let us know.

bob114
16th May, 2008, 07:34 PM
hi
I have had a error message (in german) when using ifa
shut down ifa go to c drive and deleted dboxifa_tmp folder
then restart ifa flashed ok (I offten delete dboxifa_tmp folder after image flash)
hope this may help