PDA

View Full Version : Planning on buying Vu+solo or Uno but need answers

Yugo110
4th October, 2012, 08:18 PM
My brother currently has a Skybox F3 but his girlfriend hates the EPG on it because you can only view "now & next".

So I been looking around for best EPG and found the VU+ and with extra add-on's the EPG looks similar to a SKY EPG.

I seen Solo going for around ?100 and Uno ?245 is it a big upgrade from Solo to Uno?

Is the box easy enough to understand when actually have one at hand and is it a good box? My brother just wants to use it for watch CCcam, Newcamd or MGcamd pay servers.

The box looks more complicated with CCcam setup etc aswel as different images which i have no clue about except one called Vix and black hole. With skybox its was very simple everything was pretty much done already when installed the right firmware.

My brother knows hardly anything about tech stuff so all done to me :(

mdt
4th October, 2012, 10:12 PM
My brother currently has a Skybox F3 but his girlfriend hates the EPG on it because you can only view "now & next".

So I been looking around for best EPG and found the VU+ and with extra add-on's the EPG looks similar to a SKY EPG.

I seen Solo going for around ?100 and Uno ?245 is it a big upgrade from Solo to Uno?

Is the box easy enough to understand when actually have one at hand and is it a good box? My brother just wants to use it for watch CCcam, Newcamd or MGcamd pay servers.

The box looks more complicated with CCcam setup etc aswel as different images which i have no clue about except one called Vix and black hole. With skybox its was very simple everything was pretty much done already when installed the right firmware.

My brother knows hardly anything about tech stuff so all done to me :(

the solo for ?100 will be a clone and the uno a original. you can run coolmans 7 day epg on either box and both are excellent boxs with very little upkeep once set up... granted you will need to do a little reading on using ftp client and dbedit ect but its easy enough once figured out. if you intend to use it for a fixed dish on astra2@28.2e then id say go with the vu+solo clone, stick BLACKHOLE 1.7.2 on it with coolmans epg and @rats channel updater and your sorted. id also advise say a 16gb usb stick to run the epg/picons and give you a bit of memory for recording the odd movie ect if you wish. all the help you require on setting up is here on dk and if you get stuck just post in the vu+section. the vu+ uno is just a nicer looking more powerfull/faster upgrade of the solo and it will take a internal hard drive if needed. i own a vu+solo clone and a vu+ uno original and im very happy with both of them, regards mdt

dell_xps
4th October, 2012, 10:52 PM
Buy a Vu+ duo, and it's a 100 times easier to setup than a skybox, trust me :-)

the goat
5th October, 2012, 09:45 AM
i've got a vu+ duo clone
i would not buy another clone, I get lots of probelms with tuners,
I wish i had got an origanal Vu+ duo, I think the differents in price is about ?70, you may get a good one, but if its not so good its hard work
had an old dreambox 500 that still works a treat

Yugo110
5th October, 2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks, He just planning to use uk sky dish which use with skybox at moment. Brother def doesnt want a clone, he only wants original.

the solo for ?100 will be a clone and the uno a original. you can run coolmans 7 day epg on either box and both are excellent boxs with very little upkeep once set up... granted you will need to do a little reading on using ftp client and dbedit ect but its easy enough once figured out. if you intend to use it for a fixed dish on astra2@28.2e then id say go with the vu+solo clone, stick BLACKHOLE 1.7.2 on it with coolmans epg and @rats channel updater and your sorted. id also advise say a 16gb usb stick to run the epg/picons and give you a bit of memory for recording the odd movie ect if you wish. all the help you require on setting up is here on dk and if you get stuck just post in the vu+section. the vu+ uno is just a nicer looking more powerfull/faster upgrade of the solo and it will take a internal hard drive if needed. i own a vu+solo clone and a vu+ uno original and im very happy with both of them, regards mdt

Yugo110
5th October, 2012, 01:21 PM
Is the vu+duo easierto two up than uno?

Buy a Vu+ duo, and it's a 100 times easier to setup than a skybox, trust me :-)

mdt
5th October, 2012, 01:43 PM
Is the vu+duo easierto two up than uno?

its exactly the same apart from having 2 tuners in the tuner config menu,regards mdt

Yugo110
5th October, 2012, 01:47 PM
Guess it will be Uno then i thought about dreambox but not sure about them and appearance looks quite... Compared to vu+

its exactly the same apart from having 2 tuners in the tuner config menu,regards mdt