PDA

View Full Version : I predict 2009 to be a great year for PS3....

Raven
15th February, 2009, 02:18 AM
It seems to me that PS3's momentum is and has been growing steadily but surely over the last year or so, and I predict the PS3's momentum to grow even more over this year due to the numerous grade A exclusives coming out...Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Heavy Rain, God Of War 3.....and that's before mentioning certain other titles that may be preferable to play on the PS3 due to that console having the far superior D pad (little detail, but Street Fighter 4 is going to face this dilemma) ..... seems like the only things missing (maybe) are a decent price cut, saying this you do get what you pay for....and secondly, the PS3 being hacked....but this particular thing could work out for the PS3 as developers have admitted to earning more money on the PS3 than on the Xbox 360....but I try to avoid basing too much in this case from random articles and hearsay as they almost always contradict one another on a daily basis I feel.

It just seems to me that there are seemingly more good exclusives on the way for the PS3 this year than there are on the Xbox 360....People always harp on about the PS3 being expensive - oh but I REALLY wanna play (insert exclusive game here) - well the PS3 costs twice as much as a 360 that's all, and how many 360's have you gone through since it came out...2 ?..... 3 ?..... 4 ?! .....people never mention this.....like I said you get what you pay for, and I have to say that the future looks good for the PS3 from what I can see....and to me the 360 is looking more than a little dormant.

Now I suspect some people are going to counter this and say yeah but Xbox Live, Gears 2 etc etc etc....look, if people are happy still playing Gears on Xbox Live then more power to you, honestly.....but I look at it this way....PS3 is the place to be for numerous quality exclusives.....and I feel that the PS3 will be a late bloomer.....I don't discredit anything that the 360 has done in the past, in fact to be honest they have done an awesome job to still be in the "lead" despite all it's hardware problems....however I feel a large part of this is down to 3 things....Xbox Live, Price, and the fact that it is hackable.....whereas the PS3 seems to be a rock stable console but then here we are 3 years after launch (definitely 2 years anyway) and it's still around 250 - 300 quid new and it's still not been hacked.....even so I personally think it's inevitable that the PS3 will slowly envelope the 360, however.....wether or not the new Xbox console will be out by then who knows ? Because that's another thing, Sony build their consoles to last.....look at the PS1 and the PS2.....around 10 years support....and they are still making quality PS2 games today (Persona 4 for example).....whereas Microsoft's consoles last around 5 years and that's it once the new console arrives if the old Xbox is anything to go by.....I guess what I'm trying to say is it pisses me off when people say oh this games gonna be great i want a ps3 for this game when it comes out but il wait for a price cut.....and it's like come on, you get what you pay for and you probably already spent the same money on multiple 360's in your time.....now I'm not made of money and that's putting it politely but I managed to scrape together enough money to buy a PS3 on two occasions and I'm glad I did because in the long run (or instantly for me personally) it's well worth the money paid for it all things considered....now does this make me a PS3 fanboy ? no......hell am I a PS3 fanboy ? since I give 360 it's due credit that makes me no fanboy (plus I hate them, so full of shit it's unbelievable) ......but ultimately do I honestly prefer the PS3 over the 360 ? hell yes I do.

This statement/rant is not a console wars who's going to win type question or debate that's been asked a million times....just my own personal opinions on where I think the Xbox 360 is at, and where I think the PS3 is heading this year.....I would ask that if people are going to take the time to reply to this to do so intelligently as we can all do without flame wars....though this place is usually great about stuff like that where respect is concerned ;)

C64
15th February, 2009, 02:55 AM
I want the PS3 to show it's power as on paper it's easily the better machine.

However I honestly feel that the PS3 will come to age AFTER the next Generation of Console are released, the console will become a closed niche with a cult following exploiting the power that the current programmers failed to do, the only pity in all this is that both Sony and Microsoft and dare I say Nintendo will all have 8th Generation consoles available making the PS3 an 'old skool' hobbyist/cult machine.

We're three years into this generation, it's easy to see that the lesser machine has won the war due to (a) Piracy (b) Ease of programming, and lets face it, when it comes down to having fun the 360 is just as much fun as PS3 and the graphics are practically indistinguishable - although many 360 games look better. ;)

Don't hate Microsoft, hate Sony for being so ~~~~ing arrogant during their research and development, they were warned by developers that the step they were taking was too large, they only have themselves to blame.

Viva la SONY, better luck next time.

or

The PS3 is dead, Long live the PS2

lol

Raven
15th February, 2009, 05:23 PM
I don't think that Sony will release a new console for a while yet, Microsoft probably will though.....it's a strange situation because the PS3 has in no way, shape or form come even close to realising it's potential and really is only starting to come into it's own now.....and yet the Xbox360 is the runaway leader and has been all along and the answer is quite obviously in the fact that it seems as though the console that makes it out first and gets a head start wins....because they get the lions share of exclusives and quality games.....it happened last time with the PS2 despite the Xbox being far more powerful and customisable.....and it's happening this time in but in reverse......basically if Microsoft release a new console anytime soon Sony have to decide if to stick or twist....how are they going to compete otherwise ? It would be interesting to see in the event however just how much faith Sony really has in the PS3 potential......I think my point from my earlier post still stands regarding the price of a PS3 given that most people have shelled out equal amounts of money if not more on replacement Xbox360's that ultimately it boils down to some people simply not wanting a PS3, or preferring the 360 for it's online....and then there's some people like myself that prefer the PS3 for it's great single player exclusives.....I also happen to think that the PS3 exclusives look alot better than the 360 exclusives ;)