PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox software's detail

hotkingforu
6th October, 2012, 06:56 PM
Hi, I'm newbe is anyone who could explain what these terms & software and what's the relation of them, image file, enigma 1 & 2, cccam, mgcam etc.

Thanks & kind regards

sparta
8th November, 2012, 02:16 AM
hi did you get any luck I'm newbie too its jargon to me!

BoroDracula
17th November, 2012, 03:22 PM
pretty new to this myself but here is I think the jist of what I have learned so far (bare in mind I have only had my dm500s since Wedensday)

image file - this is the main boot up OS, creates all the stuff in the background I believe

enigma 1 & 2 - these are the operating systems (Windows XP v Windows 8). Biggest notable difference is enigma1 is for one tuner, enigma2 is for multiple tuners
For the Dreamboxes they are as follows
dm500 and 600 are enigma1
dm7025 , 800 , 8000 are enigma2

cccam - an emulator (software) that runs on the box that allows you to put the Clines into its files and access servers worldwide to bring down the decoding files

mgcamd - same as cccam but different coding is sent down, make sure you get the right cam for the server you are signing up with

Google search is your friend :)

I am sure this info may not be 100% accurate but it should provide some answers and make things easier.

Very very basic setup (there is loads of in depth guides for this on here that are brilliant and also have images to support setup).
Load an image onto a box
Download and install CCCam
Copy them Clines into the required files on your dreambox
Enjoy