PDA

View Full Version : 403 forbidden

foreverpools
15th February, 2009, 07:38 AM
i keep getting this message when i try to access my webmail account,any ideas on how i fix this problem?

gmb45
15th February, 2009, 08:04 AM
i keep getting this message when i try to access my webmail account,any ideas on how i fix this problem?could be something in your registry try cleaning it with a registry cleaner, advanced system care 3.1.2 or n cleaner
both free try virus scans, failing this contact the site may be there fault also google 403 forbidden quite a bit of info there if no joy get back to us,we had something like that on this site and admin sorted it

caveman_nige
15th February, 2009, 01:18 PM
If you think that the Web URL *should* be accessible to all and sundry on the Internet and you have not recently changed anything fundamental in your Web browser setup, then an 403 message indicates a deeper problem. The first thing you can do is check your URL via a another Web browser. This browser should be running on a computer to which you have never previously identified yourself in any way, and you should avoid authentication (passwords etc.) that you have used previously. Ideally all this should be done over a completely different Internet connection to any you have used before (e.g. a different ISP dial-up connection). In short, you are trying to get the same behaviour a total stranger would get if they surfed the Internet to your Web page URL.

If you manage to connect via another connection you will need to delete your cookies, temp internet file and any stored passwords (very very bad idea to cache passwords anyway).

However the 403 error can stem from issues at the hosts end and threfore have nothing to do with your puter set up.. But its best to try the above steps first then try and contact your ISP or get a friend with a different ISP to try the URL from their puter..