PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!!! Citroen C4 Picasso 110hp HDI DPF and EGR off

VTS_Tibi
9th October, 2012, 07:11 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a Citroen C4 Picasso here with the 1.6 16V HDI 110hp HDI engine.

I would like to turn the DPF and EGR off.

I don't want it for free naturally, but I want a 100% working solution, which was MADE MANUALLY and not with some software (like Volta or ECUsafe).

Please PM me regarding the offers.

Thanks,

Tibi

mario38
9th October, 2012, 08:05 AM
your original file is not good ....

VTS_Tibi
9th October, 2012, 08:13 AM
your original file is not good ....

What is the problem with it?

mario38
9th October, 2012, 08:15 AM
the original file is 2048 kb large
your file is 540kb great!! is wrong

VTS_Tibi
9th October, 2012, 08:26 AM
It's a usual BMD readout! Every EDC16C3 I read out in the past was around this figure! Around ~500kb! And the DPF off worked so...

I guess when you get 2048kb it's read out in a different way!

mario38
9th October, 2012, 09:06 AM
your reading of bdm 540kb maybe it's a backup of the entire unit EDC16 .. you must export the individual files

VTS_Tibi
9th October, 2012, 09:20 AM
I exported the individual files. Now the dump of the flash is 2048kb. :)

VTS_Tibi
11th October, 2012, 05:43 PM
I think it's about time to ask help really.

The C4 Picasso I have here is quite strange as right now 4!!! guys tried to make a DPF/ EGR off dump for it and neither managed to find a solution which gets rid of the smoke. This car / engine / ECU is quite popular and I trust their work, so maybe this ECU is a bit different or the problem lies elsewhere.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, a bit of background.

The car is a 2008 Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6 16V HDI with a Bosch EDC16C34 ECU.

The car only had an EGR fault (EGR valve stuck) and the owner wanted to get rid of it instead of buying a new and expensive EGR valve. And while we are there we suggested the best would be to also get rid of the DPF at the same time.

I removed the EGR valve, cleaned it so it could actually shut the hole, then physically blocked the EGR pipe so exhaust gases can not reach the intake. And we also smashed out the DPF filter physically.

Then I asked the guys here to write a modified dump for this car. They managed to turn off the EGR correctly (all values 0, no trouble code), and the DPF seems the be turned off (values 0, no trouble code), but the car smokes badly, like the post or pre?! injection is on! The smoke smells of unburnt diesel fuel.

When I start the car after around 2-3s the trubocharger pressure goes up to 1030mbar (turbo starts whistling), and it starts smoking like it's burning WAAY too much fuel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make sure everything is good I've checked the following:

-differential pressure sensor lines are not blocked
-tried a differential pressure sensor from an other good working car
-EGT sensor OK
-current inlet manifold pressure is always the same as the desired pressure
-turbocharger, VNT OK
-air mixer flap (just before the EGR pipe) is always open
-EGR line is shut, no exhaust gases entering the inlet manifold
-removed the fuse of the Eolys additive pump, to make sure it does not push the additive into the fuel, but the smoke was still present with the engine running

So these ensure that the air side is OK.

-we checked EACH injector individually. they are all OK.

So even the fuel side is OK.

With the modified dumps the differential pressure value is steady "0".
I tried to disconnect the EGT sensor, and it seems to help a bit, but the smoke is still excessive. (after around 20-30sec on idle it's hard to see the car).

So in theory everything works as it should, engine sounds good, pulls strong, but it smokes like a 50 years old truck! And as I said above before the removal of the DPF it did not do this.

Any clue about what could cause this?

J_amb_o
11th October, 2012, 06:38 PM
Two things - is DPF removed correctly? It is a single byte change on these. Secondly, the DPF masks any smoke. I have seen before where there have been injector issues only brought to light when the DPF has been removed. If you want to check, then flash std file back. It will allow the car to run normally for a while before limp mode kicks in.

VTS_Tibi
11th October, 2012, 09:09 PM
Two things - is DPF removed correctly? It is a single byte change on these. Secondly, the DPF masks any smoke. I have seen before where there have been injector issues only brought to light when the DPF has been removed. If you want to check, then flash std file back. It will allow the car to run normally for a while before limp mode kicks in.

I know what you mean, but we did a leak test on the injectors and they were really good.

Even if one injector would have been totally pissing the smoke haven't been this excessive!

I put the standard dump back and the smoke still exists. To be honest it seems like it smokes because the DPF filter is not existent. And on the modified dumps this regeneration / post injection or whatever is not removed.

I removed around 30-40 DPF filters by now and on those cars which suffer from injection problems the DPF is blocked on around 4-5cm from the top. On this one about 1-2mm was filled with ash, the other part was clean and brown! So...

vopi
11th October, 2012, 09:24 PM
Here you have fully working modification for EGR+DPFoff.
Send me PM for pass

evobag
11th October, 2012, 09:25 PM
pass in pm

VTS_Tibi
12th October, 2012, 06:33 AM
Thanks guys! First I'll write back the original dump and check if the values are restored back or not. - So I could rule ou my BDM tool.

Than after I'll try your dumps ;)

VTS_Tibi
12th October, 2012, 06:53 AM
I just had a conversion with the owner and he said that right before handing over the car it was regenrating (it just reached the regeneration level 10kms before arrival).

Could that happen that the fuel system and the fuel filter is still filled with Eolys, as I did not drive the car at all. Only tried the dumps when the car was idle, and all in all it did not run more than 8-10mins. I doubt it even used the fuel in the filter.

Could this cause the smoke?

powertdi
12th October, 2012, 10:07 PM
VTS -tibi , hi m8. I know you problem is.
My first car with same problem make me headake about 4 mounth. But we solved.
So if you sure you have correct dpf off
you problem is smal burned exhaust valve or valves.
So fastest ( not easyest) way to check it , HEAD OFF!
but 90% from my everyday practice-YOU WIN!
br,Aleksei.

VTS_Tibi
13th October, 2012, 08:14 AM
VTS -tibi , hi m8. I know you problem is.
My first car with same problem make me headake about 4 mounth. But we solved.
So if you sure you have correct dpf off
you problem is smal burned exhaust valve or valves.
So fastest ( not easyest) way to check it , HEAD OFF!
but 90% from my everyday practice-YOU WIN!
br,Aleksei.

Ouch :( So you say that smoke was already existent, but the DPF filter masked the smoke?