PDA

View Full Version : mazda 626 1.8 non start

cactikid
11th October, 2012, 11:47 PM
got it towed in yesterday,plugs giving a spark and plenty of fuel pressure,initial start when left for hours gives one kick to start then engine turns over with no attempt to kick like throwing ht leads over shoulder,both diagnostics wont talk to car and no fuses seem to be gone,replaced coil but no difference.its a 1999 model with funny socket under bonnet,car has compression so not a tb issue yet,what have we overlooked.

Ashraf6119
12th October, 2012, 03:55 AM
Did you try to diagnose using Ford Mondeo or, Focus Software to see if it will communicate.......

scanner_man
12th October, 2012, 04:24 AM
did you get volt on inyectors and captors? Check grounds to ecu and suply power.

cactikid
12th October, 2012, 08:32 AM
Did you try to diagnose using Ford Mondeo or, Focus Software to see if it will communicate.......

no but would have thought the normal eobd if it had one inside car i could have gone into different makes.

cactikid
12th October, 2012, 08:34 AM
did you get volt on inyectors and captors? Check grounds to ecu and suply power.
the plugs are getting wet so would think injectors are working ok,even new plugs with injectors unplugged and ether sprayed into throttle body wont even get a kick out of it .

Ashraf6119
12th October, 2012, 09:02 AM
no but would have thought the normal eobd if it had one inside car i could have gone into different makes.

Even the old type plug can communicate with ford systems worth trying..........

teuton
12th October, 2012, 03:14 PM
This is distribuitor?
Some ideas for the scope user:
look for signals on com line to figure out wether you have a scanner issue to get into contact or if you have a true com-problem.
Ckeck condenser/capacitor and verify the igniton secondary, esp. max kv and burntime. (Did you check spark with inline tester?)

Meat-Head
12th October, 2012, 06:27 PM
OK, this is my ONE and only post in this thread, as i'm getting close to 13,000 (and still HAVEN't paid my DK Subscription)

Right, ok, you need to use the google botton on this.

but that would suggest

1) IMMO fault - fires once

2) Mazda if the lumpy stick timing is out they do that

3) You can always do a M-H-M.

a) Fit a cam sensor
b) Fit an immo box - new from dealer
c) spend hours on it.

THEN

d) Notice theeres a SPRING on the lumpy stick belt that SNAPS
commom fault - stick a cambelt kit on it - we at M-H-M managed it
fired straihgt up

We told the costomer the cam sensor when dead short, damaged the
ecu and immo box, charged him for the parts, "repaired" the ecu
new cambelt, fouoked it off everybody happy.

4) Not 100% sure *THINK*

Remove the lid to the lump sticks, insert a piece of angle iron
25 x 25 (road work sign think it was)

Then, just for explain purposes.

If you undo the bolt on the crank pulley, it will turn over
and leave the dynamo and power steering stood still.

OK, so you lock the lumpy sticks off, unless your VERY thick very easy.

Then you see terres a nipple (think) on the pully, this triggers the crank sensor - 1.8 Moneado.

So for a laugh you could OVER advance or WELL RETARD the ignition timing.

Have a look.

The fact the plugs are wet sounds like blocked exhaust or OVER fueling to much.

REMEMBER THE THANKS BOTTON.

I'm not posting in this thread again till after 13,000 posts!
So PM if you want to know anything else!

bonecrusher
12th October, 2012, 08:29 PM
distributor?

mtechno
12th October, 2012, 08:54 PM
Have you pulled injectors to make sure they are not constantly spraying without pulse. 99 is OBD1 have you tried to retrieve flash codes without using scanner

cactikid
12th October, 2012, 10:25 PM
customer has given up on car since lower end is ~~~~ed,driven without oil,car has coil pack no distributor and diagnostic socket only powers the auto boss,it will not talk to any make.
we were thinking of crank sensor and got a price of of 160 euro and the customer said oh that much lol.

so thanks for your input folks,3 scrappers this week lol.