PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with these "budget" lcd tv's ?

Raven
16th February, 2009, 03:00 AM
If you take physical size out the equation for a moment is it possible to get an HD ready LCD tv with a non blurry picture at 720p at least for around 200 notes or is that like pissin in the wind ?

It's just I hear conflicting stuff every time I read around, and I say to myself I don't want a massive tv but it can't be that hard to get an HD capable lcd that doesn't go blurry on me at 720p for around 200 quid.....or am i wrong ? lol

RedSpider
16th February, 2009, 10:33 AM
i think it will be a good while yet before you can get a reliable 'budget lcd tv'. if you want quality you'ld be better off parting with the extra cash and sticking to name brands.
whatever you save now on a cheaper model would be pointless if you've got to buy a new tv within a year. you should be able to get a good 5 or 6 years out of a tv.
plus you can rely on a better service from a larger company if something goes wrong.

C64
16th February, 2009, 04:06 PM
In recent months I've bought 2 budget LCD tv's for my kids.

One was ?299 for 32" and the other ?349 for 37" both give great HDTV pictures (xbox360 looks amazing) but some Sky digital and Cable channels looks horrible in comparison - but I suppose that's a problem with the providers bitrate rather than the TVs.

The ?349 TV has a much nicer OSD than the ?299 - how long they will last ~~~~ knows but they get great user reviews on eBuyer.

I reckon you could get asomethng like a 24/26" LCD for around ?200

Krypton
17th February, 2009, 12:29 PM
too true, if you look around, you'll find that these budget lcd, do'nt manufacture their own lcd panels, they buy them in from another company, the companies who produce said panels are samsung,sony,philips etc. the small budget lcd companies ie wharfedale accoustic solutions havent got the finances to manufacture lcd panels. i myself have an accoustic solutions 22" in the bedroom. i have run bluray, xbox 360 and virgin hd through it and can see no discernible difference between the picture on that and my 47" phillips set.

westkill
18th February, 2009, 07:17 PM
i got this one for me daughter christmas time :)
Hannspree HT09 full HD 28 LCD-TV - Misco.co.uk (http://misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=331714&Sku=150253)
not to bad on the spec :)
what i liked was the pc audio