PDA

View Full Version : best not virgin reciever

violentj
9th March, 2008, 02:46 AM
rite im post clocking now lol not really,im genuinely interested in folks opinion(ask thommo lol i was pestering him earlier bout dreams500)

im flogging my wii and getting a wireless guitar for the 360 and a cable receiver after having an unbeliveable run of bad luck trying to get a vm box going had 5 duds now and 1 sammy that refuses to be read jtag wise

anyways ive seen a few now ,never paid much attention to them cos ive been happy with a vm box

but which is the allround best ive had the dream 500c recommended by thommo
but also been told the replay is good

been told to avoid dbox and starview

also had arnet cryptview recommended

but after browsing ebay for them the adds all claim there box whatever it is is the best

not too fussed about 1 being plug and play im sure id manage to get one set up but i would like one capable of streaming xvids and that-i use a xbox 1 for that at the mo and its getting old now so id like to retire it

answers on a post card please to stfu vj and go to bed your waffling

thanks

Devilfish
9th March, 2008, 04:42 PM
It depends what you're looking to do with the box m8.

DM500C
A great all round receiver. Network capabilities, can stream mp3s and movies from your PC and can record to a network storage or PC shared folder. Automatic updates via the internet if your box is connected to a router. As well as weather reports, internet radio, rss readers, etc. Needs a bot of knowledge of ftp, telnet, etc. but easy enough to pick up and we'll give you all the help you need.

Kryptview
The latest box on the market that's just for tv, no multimedia options or ethernet. It has auto setup on first run, 7 day epg and has great creaters behind it.

Starview/digivox/eurovox
An only tv box, very simple, limited bouquets, scan and go, not much fun really lol.

DM600/7025
Better spec'd dreambox, capable of housing a hard disk for PVR functions. More knowledge of dreamboxes required for one of these.

My advice - go for a DM500C. You can get them for ?85. (see link at bottom of forum) ;)

Femalelizzard
9th March, 2008, 06:00 PM
If its just tv channels your after i recently got a eurovox max 2008 and the just plug and play no emu settings are out auto roll them selfs set up takes 5 mins and the epg system works fine the look smart and modern 20 times better then any starview.

saying that im getting a dream box shortly for sommick to play with

osborne82
14th March, 2008, 09:25 AM
or the itgate 220 same kinda details as dreamboxes except it has usb port too for external storage :) just for thought :)

cheers

osborne82

Lambhuna
14th March, 2008, 09:47 AM
I go with Thommo dm 500c. Never had a problem with mine.

:boxing:

joe516
14th March, 2008, 08:28 PM
got a eurovox max 2008 just plug and play m8

smirnoff_rules
14th March, 2008, 11:25 PM
l have a few ..

eurovox 2 : great and faultless (never been hit in 4 years)
eurovox max : same as above
replaybox : had a hit last year , but f/w update was on the forum in hours
dreambox 600 pvr : great toy , streaming , recording to harddrive or external mounted drive , great picture , download a film and watch on the dreambox from your pc wirelessly , record a fight say to your pc and write to a dvd for a m8 , mp3 playback ....

just a bit more to the dreambox lol

janobi
18th March, 2008, 04:18 AM
Personally I got replay lites, as they are easy to use and program, and no real issues with them. I have heard that dreamboxes are not as user friendly, and some knowledge is needed to program and such.

I also think the replay lites look well good. Silver, and about the size of 2 DVD cases stacked on top of eachother.

Neil
19th March, 2008, 09:08 AM
My advice - go for a DM500C. You can get them for ?85. (see link at bottom of forum) ;)

If you want poor signal strength problems and a visit to Argos for a signal booster then yeah get a 500c, if you can find a genuine one that is.

If you want a great box without signal problems and the ability to record onto an internal hard disk then get a 600 :)