PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki GSXR 750 Spare key

Rtronics
12th October, 2012, 11:26 PM
hi, just wondering whether it is possible to make a spare key with a existing black key for the suzuki gsxr750 ? if so what is the procedure ?
Thanks

chris1955
13th October, 2012, 12:26 AM
Hi Dont really understand what you're asking. If you're asking can a spare be made then the answer is yes, providing you have a key to copy from.

If you're asking whether a key can be recut on an already cut key then it will rely upon enough metal being available to recut. The best person to ask would be a local Locksmith who would have the advantage of viewing both your existing and proposed spare key.

If you don't have a key at all then have the petrol cap picked open and you should find the key number stamped into the underside of cap. hth

Rtronics
13th October, 2012, 03:37 AM
im not asking about cutting. im asking about programming the transponder chip with the slave key only.

ghostridersa
13th October, 2012, 05:33 AM
As far as I know you need to have the Red Master (main key) to make a spare as it has the main immo data in it to enable you to code a new key into the ecu/immo. the normal black key is only a authorized immo enabled key. I might be wrong but I know most new bikes are like that.

butUOTE=Rtronics;1729638]hi, just wondering whether it is possible to make a spare key with a existing black key for the suzuki gsxr750 ? if so what is the procedure ?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

gepakg
13th October, 2012, 09:58 PM
no one suzuki have red key,only on chinese market as red head:-)

can be copied on to TPX2 any black key...or program new instead of ecu,93c66 inside...

regards Gepa

As far as I know you need to have the Red Master (main key) to make a spare as it has the main immo data in it to enable you to code a new key into the ecu/immo. the normal black key is only a authorized immo enabled key. I might be wrong but I know most new bikes are like that.

butUOTE=Rtronics;1729638]hi, just wondering whether it is possible to make a spare key with a existing black key for the suzuki gsxr750 ? if so what is the procedure ?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Rtronics
13th October, 2012, 10:31 PM
Forgive me if you have misunderstood me. I can make keys from Ecu dump with Bogi's equipment. What I am asking is I have a customer with one working key and they want a spare. Can I copy another key with his working black key or do I have to get dump from Ecu to make spare ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

willywonker2010
13th October, 2012, 11:06 PM
u mean can you clone key
and make spare

Rtronics
13th October, 2012, 11:07 PM
correct.yes

gepakg
14th October, 2012, 08:55 AM
i think that is possible if understand clearly what you want...but not so hard job to make key open ecu and create it with tmpro2

regards Gepa

correct.yes

willywonker2010
14th October, 2012, 02:31 PM
what chip is it reading 4c 4d
id46

ghostridersa
14th October, 2012, 03:01 PM
Here in South Africa from 2006 all Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki comes with two black keys and one red key.

no one suzuki have red key,only on chinese market as red head:-)

can be copied on to TPX2 any black key...or program new instead of ecu,93c66 inside...

regards Gepa

[/QUOTE]

keygargoil
14th October, 2012, 03:11 PM
Here in South Africa from 2006 all Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki comes with two black keys and one red key.

[/QUOTE]

just clone rthe key it will be either 4c or 4d depending what ecu it is but can be done regardless

jarfm
15th October, 2012, 08:49 PM
hi, just wondering whether it is possible to make a spare key with a existing black key for the suzuki gsxr750 ? if so what is the procedure ?
Thanks

Yes its possible to make new key using only existing key and no other equipment, just bike.
Mode selektor to ON, bridge ign. switch, put working key in, remove it, put new key in wait until immo led stop flashing and switch ign off. remove ModeSelektorSwitch and enjoy new sparekey. U can add up to 4 keys

Rtronics
16th October, 2012, 09:39 PM
hi, do you have a picture or something regarding bridging the ignition switch ?
Thanks

jarfm
17th October, 2012, 05:15 PM
If U have't got special tool (2 plugs and wires) from SUZUKI, then just have to make connection like ignition switch is in ON position. Simple by bridging red and orange in ignition switch plug or give power to fusebox. Think is that whilst we code in new key, ECU must to be powered.

yogisays09
13th October, 2021, 06:09 AM
If U have't got special tool (2 plugs and wires) from SUZUKI, then just have to make connection like ignition switch is in ON position. Simple by bridging red and orange in ignition switch plug or give power to fusebox. Think is that whilst we code in new key, ECU must to be powered.

Hey Guys. Need your help to understand how to make a new key on the bike for suzuki gsxr.

i have read this post on the forum but i did not understand, pls help understand.

Mode selector On means the 6 pin dealer mode selector socket right , we need to bridge like we do to see fault codes correct?

and when you say bridge the ignition switch red and orang wire, does this mean we need to put jumper between these 2 wires without disconnecting the socket.