PDA

View Full Version : Technika Tv Problem

saskos
13th October, 2012, 01:45 PM
Hi

I have got a 22 inch technika tv that has just stopped working, not the fuse so looking to see if I can fix it without getting a new tv. It's an LCD22-208 with built in DVD player.

It's almost three years old and then about a week ago the picture went and only the sound worked and now the whole thing is dead - any ideas that will save me having to get a new tv.

Thanks
Sam

lfc4life
14th October, 2012, 10:06 AM
ummmmm .... take it to a tv repair shop? get a free quote! and i never buy anything tesco own brand done it before got burnt :O

Shady
14th October, 2012, 10:16 AM
Take it to a repair shop he says lol. Probably cheaper to buy a new TV. Got content insurance ? Drop it; )

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2

DOUGALMCD
14th October, 2012, 11:26 AM
Probably psu but you would need someone qualified to test it.
Don't play with electricity it's shocking. lol

kojidon
14th October, 2012, 01:15 PM
Hi mate you are covered by the sale of goods act basically phone the retailers tell them you want it fixed under the sale of goods act.I bought a tv from currys 18 months later power supply popped phoned manfacturer told me to do one phoned currys mentioned sale of goods act they said no problem collected tv repaired it and returned it I still have four years sale of good act free repairs left.

kojidon
14th October, 2012, 01:20 PM
Sorry done double post can admin please delete this one cheers.

saskos
15th October, 2012, 09:31 PM
So there is no issue with the fact that it is three years old?
Cheers
Sam

Hi mate you are covered by the sale of goods act basically phone the retailers tell them you want it fixed under the sale of goods act.I bought a tv from currys 18 months later power supply popped phoned manfacturer told me to do one phoned currys mentioned sale of goods act they said no problem collected tv repaired it and returned it I still have four years sale of good act free repairs left.

kojidon
16th October, 2012, 07:32 PM
No issues that is the law you have up to six years of cover under the sale of goods act 1979.

saskos
16th October, 2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks koijdon.
Sam