PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased Vu+ Solo

davebirdy
13th October, 2012, 01:53 PM
Hi there guys,

I've taken the plunge and have just received my Vu+ Solo Clone from PRC.

It appears to have Black Hole 1.6.7 installed ( I realise this is not the most up to date version but I just wanted to see if this thing can receive free to air channels before I start updating the firmware).

I have installed Don's bouquet and the box appears to be receiving a signal when I select a channel to view, say BBC1 Yorkshire.

The SNR read around 60% but I haven't actually been able to see a picture on the screen. I just see a flashing satellite dish icon in the top-right hand of the screen.

I'm based in the United Kingdom and have a bog standard non-motorised Sky Minidish.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

DOUGALMCD
13th October, 2012, 02:00 PM
Who is don? Do you have channel list showing?

Dummies guide for setting up your VU+

Switch it on and follow wizard and if you have fixed dish config is simple and single.

Don't try and flash your box until you learn more about how it works. Ask a question and someone will try and help you out.

davebirdy
13th October, 2012, 02:52 PM
Who is don? Do you have channel list showing?

Dummies guide for setting up your VU+

Switch it on and follow wizard and if you have fixed dish config is simple and single.

Don't try and flash your box until you learn more about how it works. Ask a question and someone will try and help you out.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm not sure what was going on but I'm now able to receive all the free-to-air channels as well as channels form other transponders :D. Impressed with the Vu+ Solo Clone so far.

The full name of the bouquet as installed per the add-ons manager is

"Don@ E2 Ssettings 28E + 19E + 16E + 13E 1.oct (Black Hole E2)"

DOUGALMCD
14th October, 2012, 11:04 AM
DM Bouquets & Skins (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f216/)

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f190/vix-28-2-east-e2-bouquets-mr-mister-273732/