PDA

View Full Version : BMW - BimmerGuard Clever way to protect.

LockBit
14th October, 2012, 10:38 AM
Hello !

We have method for blocking programing new BMW key, without autorisation of car owners.

Your opninia is very important to us.

Here all infomation about this project :

BMW

Bimmer Guard

Clever way to protect.

Why

Theft of BMW has become common problem.
Key programming devices cost fraction of the car price.
More and more small repair shops have third party software for making keys.
The cost of insurance is rising.

Functions:

Block communication related to key programming.
Allow key programming with secret code authentication.
Device is inactive in everyday use, so car works as designed by manufacturer.
Mount and forget, no device is carried by driver.

Device outline:

Completely electronic solution
Really small form factor
Connects by 4 wires
Hidden place to mount

http://carprotool.com/download/bmw__.JPG

Where to mount:

Connect wherever feasible on CAN bus
Connect in parallel, no wire cutting.
Protects all models in production.

http://carprotool.com/download/bmw_1.JPG

impactops
14th October, 2012, 01:21 PM
I think it raises alot of questions, the first one being why not post the website that sells it rather than cutting and pasting from it

BMW Bimmer Guard Clever way to protect. (http://carprotool.com/BMW%20Bimmer%20Guard)

Regards
Impactops

drakov
14th October, 2012, 02:34 PM
BMW dealers also have a solution for this which is free to all owners, curious how many of these would sell?

LockBit
14th October, 2012, 04:41 PM
I think it raises alot of questions, the first one being why not post the website that sells it rather than cutting and pasting from it

BMW Bimmer Guard Clever way to protect. (http://carprotool.com/BMW%20Bimmer%20Guard)

Regards
Impactops

Thank You. Good question.
I wanted to publish information about the project.
I thought it would be better if I give the information here in this way..

Best Regards

LockBit
14th October, 2012, 04:44 PM
BMW dealers also have a solution for this which is free to all owners, curious how many of these would sell?

This project has just started.
That's why I asked whether it is useful.
I asked about opinion.

B R

impactops
15th October, 2012, 03:42 AM
I wanted to publish information about the project.
I thought it would be better if I give the information here in this way..
This project has just started.
That's why I asked whether it is useful.
I asked about opinion.

What does that mean the project has just started, there is no product and DK will become the R & D for the device?

There was a case on 60 minutes with internet startup companies listed on the stock exchange, one company had a CEO, Board of directors, Sales & Marketing team and packaging of the product was produced but when the reporter asked to them show the product, they said it is still in development.

Regards
Impactops

LockBit
15th October, 2012, 06:23 AM
Bimmer Guard is designed to work with BMW models after 2006 (with CAN bus), in which the manufacturer has applied CAS3 module.

BMW 3 - E90* , E90lci , E91* , E91lci , E92 , E92lci , E93 , E93lci
BMW 1 - E81 , E87* , E87lci , E82 , E88
BMW 5 - E60 , E60lci , E61 , E61lci
BMW X5- E70 , E70lci
BMW X6- E71 , E71 hybrid
BMW 6 - E63 , E63lci , E64 , E64lci
BMW Z4- E89

* - Requires verification of the presence of CAS3 module. (in a some of cars were assembled modules CAS2)

LockBit
15th October, 2012, 06:57 AM
What does that mean the project has just started, there is no product and DK will become the R & D for the device?

There was a case on 60 minutes with internet startup companies listed on the stock exchange, one company had a CEO, Board of directors, Sales & Marketing team and packaging of the product was produced but when the reporter asked to them show the product, they said it is still in development.

Regards
Impactops

I mean ... Modules ready to ship.
If anyone has any more questions then please ask

Best Regards
CPTeam

impactops
15th October, 2012, 07:34 AM
I mean ... Modules ready to ship.
If anyone has any more questions then please ask

Best Regards
CPTeam

There's no point asking questions if you haven't explained to them what it does??

If i clone someones key on a third party device the car will start

Regards
Impactops

LockBit
15th October, 2012, 08:01 AM
There's no point asking questions if you haven't explained to them what it does??

If i clone someones key on a third party device the car will start

Regards
Impactops

Now preparing new key for BMW = time about 10 sec
Thief know all and have correct tools for extra key making.

We have special small module for install to any drivers (inside) with CAN.
Its very simple : you need soldered 4 wires only. (CAN H CAN L 12V Ground)

Modul have special PIN code.
Car owner knows code and if need add new key need write pin code by hazard light / emergency light switch.
Its really very simple.

I think that using this system many cars bmw does not change the owners :)

Regards
CPTeam

sparkz02
15th October, 2012, 11:16 AM
Please tell me if I'm wrong, but BMW solution is to update software on the CAS unit? They update software few months down the line, the key programming company will by pass that BMW update?

So have BMW sorted the problem? I don't think so,

paul_12345
15th October, 2012, 12:35 PM
if you've already made it then you wasn't asking for opinions you were shamelessly promotiing your device.

seems very over-engineered to me - disconnect the obd CAN lines simple - or get a very simple PIC controlled relay to disconnect/reconnect the CAN lines you you can enable when you want.

or even better wire relay to CAN lines and activate relay off somewhere which activates once the key is present so 100% can only program key OBD with key present - but I suppose you can't earn money off a simple relay can you :eviltongue:

impactops
15th October, 2012, 12:48 PM
He still hasn't explained how it works or what it prevents, i don't expect him to either

If you install this device on a new vehicle, i can assure you it would void warranty.

Regards
Impactops

paul_12345
15th October, 2012, 01:36 PM
He still hasn't explained how it works or what it prevents, i don't expect him to either

If you install this device on a new vehicle, i can assure you it would void warranty.

Regards
Impactops

seems to be just a CAN filter

impactops
15th October, 2012, 02:40 PM
seems to be just a CAN filter

Well, there are a number of things he has not explained.

Block communication related to key programming.
From my understanding the key is not programmed in the vehicle if they want to steal it, the device reads and writes the cas module from obd then programs the key with it's own interface so there will be no programming key communication occuring

Allow key programming with secret code authentication.
He has sort of answered this "Car owner knows code and if need add new key need write pin code by hazard light / emergency light switch.Its really very simple".This reminds of when u used to have to note the blinking led off the side of the ecu to read the fault codes or the car alarm system that require u too read flashes off light on dash when battery is flat in order to start it

You're going to be doing this on a $60,000 dollar vehicle??

Device is inactive in everyday use, so car works as designed by manufacturer.
The device is always connected to the can bus, always checking for key programming and hazzard light commands (as he puts it) so it can't be inactive.Of course it won't appear in dealer software cause device wont be defined in it, but it will be seen by can bus analyser software.

Mount and forget, no device is carried by driver.
...and if they forget what the pin code was so they can program key?
Hopefully they won't forget where they installed it so they can rip the zfvucker out if they forget the pin

So as you can see these are just some of the questions it raises

Regards
Impactops

LockBit
15th October, 2012, 03:57 PM
Please tell me if I'm wrong, but BMW solution is to update software on the CAS unit? They update software few months down the line, the key programming company will by pass that BMW update?

So have BMW sorted the problem? I don't think so,

BMW X6 2011 KEYPROGRAMMING - YouTube (http://youtu.be/LevE6iogIy8)

Check link :) and you see what I mean :-)
Many tools work same :-)

B R

LockBit
15th October, 2012, 04:08 PM
if you've already made it then you wasn't asking for opinions you were shamelessly promotiing your device.

seems very over-engineered to me - disconnect the obd CAN lines simple - or get a very simple PIC controlled relay to disconnect/reconnect the CAN lines you you can enable when you want.

or even better wire relay to CAN lines and activate relay off somewhere which activates once the key is present so 100% can only program key OBD with key present - but I suppose you can't earn money off a simple relay can you :eviltongue:

Its not like you think ...
Maybe better cut obd connector and if you need go to service start soldering cables again ... etc etc etc ...
Or maybe other way ... Maybe better hide obd connector :-)

No No No ...
Its really other and really better way for protection

Bimmer Guard module have PIN-s

OFF PIN - make system OFF ( if you need switch ON you need enter PIN code again or after 12H protection back again automaticly)

SERVICE PIN - You enter this code if your car go to service. Key making no possible but other operation YES. If you need switch to full protection You need enter code again or ... After 48h system back to full protection.

B R

paul_12345
15th October, 2012, 06:49 PM
Its not like you think ...
Maybe better cut obd connector and if you need go to service start soldering cables again ... etc etc etc ...
Or maybe other way ... Maybe better hide obd connector :-)

No No No ...
Its really other and really better way for protection

Bimmer Guard module have PIN-s

OFF PIN - make system OFF ( if you need switch ON you need enter PIN code again or after 12H protection back again automaticly)

SERVICE PIN - You enter this code if your car go to service. Key making no possible but other operation YES. If you need switch to full protection You need enter code again or ... After 48h system back to full protection.

B R

did I say cut the lines permanent??

I said use a couple of quid relay to cut the lines and either find somewhere that activates once a registered keys in

or for instance buy any cheap remote relay kit.. Simple 100% effective and I bet much cheaper than this solution!! and much easier to re-enable with a remote controll - As I said over-engineered

drakov
15th October, 2012, 08:01 PM
I still cant see why anyone would want to pay when dealers will fix problem for free?

ninja123
15th October, 2012, 08:35 PM
One of my colleuges (an aa man!!) had is 08 plate x5 nicked 2 days ago, cops found it 5 hours later via tracker. obiously left to 'cool off' before returning,\only driers window broken.

SO, even some of the most clued up are getting stung???

I dont think bmw are really getting the message out there, maybee a little embaressed??

ninja

digitaltech
15th October, 2012, 11:18 PM

I said use a couple of quid relay to cut the lines and either find somewhere that activates once a registered keys in

or for instance buy any cheap remote relay kit.. Simple 100% effective and I bet much cheaper than this solution!! and much easier to re-enable with a remote controll - As I said over-engineered

1. Sure you can put a secondary fuel pump -and/or- starter relay with 'secret' switch, will work as well.
2. They assume bmw explorer, avdi, keycoder etc.. will make key programming over obd2 works sooner or later even after update.
3. Bottom line its a hidden, fancy, can filter.
4. Concept of multiple theft-prevention systems is not as alien when you live i eastern Europe, Poland, Ukraine, Russia etc... Because auto theft is a plague... with virtually no recoveries ever made.

mauipascal
15th October, 2012, 11:25 PM
thats true, they did that with the car of a friend of mine

LockBit
16th October, 2012, 07:58 AM

Hi

No You no need cut any cables..
You need make parallel connection can H can L and 12V and Ground
Its all. You no need any extra other operation.

B R

LockBit
16th October, 2012, 08:10 AM
I still cant see why anyone would want to pay when dealers will fix problem for free?

Hello :)

Tell me please when and where I have write information about cost, payment etc etc etc ... ?? :)
I think after "free" repair problem by service center no possible make extra key in 10 sec ... :) Possible by 20-25 sec :)
I have call already to 6 official representatives in 6 different countries and only 1 person know problem.
All others dont know nothing and ... Better :) dont know about any free action with repair this problem.

I think his method is ok and can help protect your car.
Sure... This is only my opinion .

If anyone has any constructive questions then please write here .

B R

impactops
16th October, 2012, 08:23 AM
This is only my opinion

It's not your opinion cause you sell the product, all independent opinions are telling you it is not worth buying, even though you haven't mentioned the price

Regards
Impactops

Morette
16th October, 2012, 10:12 AM
Wait for BMW to make a move.
If they make a free adjustment to BMWs, you won't have many customers left!

impactops
16th October, 2012, 10:31 AM
BMW UK : News | High-tech car theft. (http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/about/news/0,,1156__181270000_,00.html)

LockBit
16th October, 2012, 12:58 PM
It's not your opinion cause you sell the product, all independent opinions are telling you it is not worth buying, even though you haven't mentioned the price

Regards
Impactops

Yes its true. You have right. Its my opinion. I wrote this in my post... "its my opinion"

B R :)

LockBit
16th October, 2012, 01:05 PM
Wait for BMW to make a move.
If they make a free adjustment to BMWs, you won't have many customers left!

Fact... If BMW make free action its better for BMW customers. All other extra method for protection no more needed. No my only :)

B R

LockBit
16th October, 2012, 01:16 PM
BMW UK : News | High-tech car theft. (http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/about/news/0,,1156__181270000_,00.html)

Here no any word about free service action :(
For me, the best sentence: "Where ever possible park your car out of sight, in a locked garage or under the cover of CCTV cameras."
:)

B R

impactops
16th October, 2012, 01:41 PM
Here no any word about free service action :(

They have no choice but to make it free or people won't by there vehicles.You need to unlock your selective responses lockbit and answer some of the previous points that were raised, aswell as tell them the price.

You've created a thread with the intentions of advertising your product under the disguise of just wanting people's opinions and not stating that the product was yours in the first place.

Regards
Impactops

LockBit
16th October, 2012, 02:18 PM
They have no choice but to make it free or people won't by there vehicles.You need to unlock your selective responses lockbit and answer some of the previous points that were raised, aswell as tell them the price.

You've created a thread with the intentions of advertising your product under the disguise of just wanting people's opinions and not stating that the product was yours in the first place.

Regards
Impactops

You have right 100%.
I think bmw no have any other choice.
Just think now only ... how good it will be this protection ...
When you buy a car you have promise ... its the best security protection in the world.

We are on the same page.
Nobody really knows what's going to happen for some time.
I think the BMW service center will do a good job.

B R :)

impactops
16th October, 2012, 02:27 PM
how good it will be this protection ...When you buy a car you have promise ... its the best security protection in the world.

People aren't buying their cars because of the security protection, so whatever they come up with to fix it won't be any time soon if they dont want it to happen again which would render your device useless when they do.

Again, you have not mentioned the price or answered previous questions

Regards
Impactops