PDA

View Full Version : Free magazines on your Ipad

johnboy1974
15th October, 2012, 10:10 PM
Free magazines on your Ipad

No need to jailbreak but you must have ibooks installed(free in the app store)

Have a look here for your magazines on your laptop or computer use the search bar if you need to.

PDF Magazines - 29000+ Free PDF Magazines for iPad, iPad3, Android Tablets and PC for Download (http://www.pdfmagazines.org/)

Choose the magazine you want then click on the regular download tab at the bottom of the page. A countdown timer will start a countdown then enter the captcha code and go ahead download the file.
If you dont get a countdown then the link is dead so try another magazine. You can only download one magazine per hour with this free regular service.

Start up itunes and connect your Ipad. Drag your downloaded file into itunes then click on your device on the left side of screen then click books.
You will see your downloaded file here so go ahead and check it then press the sync button.
On your Ipad open up ibooks then press the collections button then the pdfs button and enjoy your magazine.

LeBucheron
1st January, 2013, 12:57 PM
Even better still, use Dropbox. Drag and drop files into your dropbox folder and it will auto sync with your dropbox on ipad.

cablefreejunkie
2nd January, 2013, 05:50 PM
cant get this to work,when i click on download it opens up a novafile page and wants payment
i noticed a login box at the top of the sreeen on the right
do you have to fill out a reg form first ?

kianniamh
4th January, 2013, 11:36 AM
Makes no difference. I signed up still want your dollars off you? pile of :cobblers:

Just used pdf-giant.com slow as hell to download but free.

johnboy1974
4th January, 2013, 04:19 PM
Look for the free section under the wee pictures of the credit and debit cards and at the bottom click on the button that says regular. Now wait for the 90 second countdown and enter the captcha code. This will create a download link for you that will last an hour.
No money needed no sign up or login in needed guys.
Save the file to desktop and then drag into iTunes and sync your idevice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bobkat0511
9th January, 2013, 01:57 PM
Hi,

Tried this & thanks it works:goodpost:

Pppr
9th January, 2013, 02:17 PM
It is very slow (51 k/s) and then you have to wait for much longer to download another. One solution would be use the same sharing as done for ePub (if not against the rules of the site).

johnboy1974
10th January, 2013, 08:14 AM
It is very slow (51 k/s) and then you have to wait for much longer to download another. One solution would be use the same sharing as done for ePub (if not against the rules of the site).

Yes I've already said it takes an hour to download again, that's what happens with the free service. Want speed? Then pay for it like everyone else does.

Pppr
19th January, 2013, 11:05 AM
Yes Johnyboy even at slow speed we can get a good selection. But have you noticed that it blocks some magazines only for paid clients? e.g. Good Housekeeping.

barloworld
19th January, 2013, 10:32 PM
Out off 10 times I tried to download 10 said I had to be a premium member.....

johnboy1974
20th January, 2013, 03:24 PM
Guys are you pressing the right download buttons that I pointed out, I have no problems at all with this site. About 30 mins per download for me.

Pppr
21st January, 2013, 03:40 PM
It may depend on the time of the day. Try Good Housekeeping and you will see. I think this morning it may have been free (I didn't go all the way) but this afternoon it says for premium users only.

kianniamh
22nd January, 2013, 01:37 PM
Guys are you pressing the right download buttons that I pointed out, I have no problems at all with this site. About 30 mins per download for me.

As Pppr says. I tried about 10 with no luck and then yesterday tried 2 different ones and hey presto, think it depends on traffic and/or popularity

johnboy1974
22nd January, 2013, 05:21 PM
As Pppr says. I tried about 10 with no luck and then yesterday tried 2 different ones and hey presto, think it depends on traffic and/or popularity

Must admit I do my downloading mostly at nighttime between 7-10pm.

DPDD
22nd January, 2013, 05:29 PM
Yes I've already said it takes an hour to download again, that's what happens with the free service. Want speed? Then pay for it like everyone else does.

instead of waiting an hour reboot your router and it will assign u a new ip address and u can download again

barloworld
23rd January, 2013, 01:23 AM
Try this one "men's fitness will not let me download it. No matter when or how many times I try.

Men's Fitness UK - February 2013 PDF Magazines - Download 40000+ Free PDF Magazines for iPad, iPad3, Android Tablets and PC (http://www.pdfmagazines.org/magazines/fitness/38322-mens-fitness-uk-february-2013.html)

kianniamh
23rd January, 2013, 10:03 AM
Try this one "men's fitness will not let me download it. No matter when or how many times I try.

Men's Fitness UK - February 2013 PDF Magazines - Download 40000+ Free PDF Magazines for iPad, iPad3, Android Tablets and PC (http://www.pdfmagazines.org/magazines/fitness/38322-mens-fitness-uk-february-2013.html)

Yep just tried it and its a no. Too popular lol , try knitters monthly.

johnboy1974
23rd January, 2013, 02:03 PM

Some of the magazines will not be there anymore they will have been removed by takedown notices.