PDA

View Full Version : DSTT CARD NOW NOT WORKING

PETERG
16th February, 2009, 06:20 PM
My daughters DSTT card has been working fine for over 12 months, when I got home tonight I was met by tears, the DSTT card no longer works. Any help would be appreciated.
Is there a firm ware update I need & if so where do I get it & where does it go????

:hmmmm:

Jaffa
16th February, 2009, 06:37 PM
My daughters DSTT card has been working fine for over 12 months, when I got home tonight I was met by tears, the DSTT card no longer works. Any help would be appreciated.
Is there a firm ware update I need & if so where do I get it & where does it go????

:hmmmm:

Is there nothing on the screen at all or has something been deleted by mistake.

Sometimes the contacts geta bit of dust/dirt onthem, take card out and give the contacts a wipe or blow them, if that doesnt work then try pushing a piece of card (cereal box or similar) in behind the dstt card when in the DS,this pushes the contacts forward a bit.

You can get the firmware in the downloads section below, it should be in a folder called ENG, justtake whats in that folder and put it on the root of the card......make sure it is not still in the ENG folder when on root of card.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - DS (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-ds-21/)

PETERG
16th February, 2009, 07:24 PM
Is there nothing on the screen at all or has something been deleted by mistake.

Sometimes the contacts geta bit of dust/dirt onthem, take card out and give the contacts a wipe or blow them, if that doesnt work then try pushing a piece of card (cereal box or similar) in behind the dstt card when in the DS,this pushes the contacts forward a bit.

You can get the firmware in the downloads section below, it should be in a folder called ENG, justtake whats in that folder and put it on the root of the card......make sure it is not still in the ENG folder when on root of card.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - DS (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-ds-21/)

What a difference a piece of card makes, Cheers.

:tee:

Jaffa
16th February, 2009, 07:33 PM
What a difference a piece of card makes, Cheers.

:tee:

What I actually do when I know thats the problem is take the dstt apart and tape 2 tiny strips of insulating tape under the board right below where the contacts sit, then put the dstt back together. You can put the tape on the outside but its hard to get card in and out then as the tape stops it.

If you intend to leave the card in the DS, no real reason to take it out, then the piece of card will do fine.

Glad you got it sorted anyway.

marcslocy
29th December, 2012, 09:55 AM
hi please could you help my dsi xl will not load my ttdsi gaming card

it come with an error and will load thanks