PDA

View Full Version : recording advice 2 channels

killerman69
18th October, 2012, 10:08 PM
Just after a quick bit of info, can i record two channels at once with cams or will the cam only work on one channel? for vu+duo i am asking about. Thanks Killer.

cactikid
18th October, 2012, 10:25 PM
you should be ok presuming you are working off one supplier if you get the drift.

killerman69
18th October, 2012, 11:17 PM
yep, thanks for the advice, do this box run as good as a dreambox 800hd with quality epgs etc.

cactikid
18th October, 2012, 11:20 PM
maybe even better,i use vix image and it does the job,others may use black hole,i presume you have an original and not a crappy clone duo.

killerman69
19th October, 2012, 10:42 AM
neither yet just tried a golden media triplex, returned that not bad at the price but hard work. I thought about a clone vu+duo see they are around 160quid from china.

cactikid
19th October, 2012, 09:17 PM
leave it there duo clones are crap,plenty of psu problems.

redbrownie
21st October, 2012, 02:06 PM
you should be ok presuming you are working off one supplier if you get the drift.

I'm buying a genuine Duo shortly and will have it hooked up to my Sky dish. Will I be able to just record two programmes at the same time like I can now, or will I have the facility to do even more?

RuberDuck
21st October, 2012, 03:20 PM
I'm buying a genuine Duo shortly and will have it hooked up to my Sky dish. Will I be able to just record two programmes at the same time like I can now, or will I have the facility to do even more?

yes you can record two channels at the same time on different transponders and another 4 or more if there on the same quadrant as the other two recordings. ie High / low / Vertical / Horizontal.

redbrownie
21st October, 2012, 05:54 PM
yes you can record two channels at the same time on different transponders and another 4 or more if there on the same quadrant as the other two recordings. ie High / low / Vertical / Horizontal.

I'm a newbie so that's a bit Greek to me to be honest. I'm a fairly technical person (i'm a software tester by trade) so I do pick up things fairly quickly. My setup will be exactly as it is with Sky now, i'm just replacing the box.

Manchesterr
21st October, 2012, 08:34 PM

If you're planning on plugging the cables from your current Sky box, then I'm assuming you have 2 feeds currently into your Sky box. Therefore, plug those 2 feeds into a Vu+ Duo, and yes, you can record two channels at the same time, and watch either one of the channels you're recording, or watch something that you've already recorded.

It's just like Sky+ albeit, it takes a few more button presses on the remote to get there.