PDA

View Full Version : subaru security code

brownbajan
19th October, 2012, 02:40 AM
ive just installed an engine and transmission from a JDM subaru legacy, into a local market body, it wont start because of immobiliser, aall i have is the vin number from which the engnine was taken, ssm is asking for security code is it possible to get the security code from the vin number?

itrade
19th October, 2012, 06:27 AM
ive just installed an engine and transmission from a JDM subaru legacy, into a local market body, it wont start because of immobiliser, aall i have is the vin number from which the engnine was taken, ssm is asking for security code is it possible to get the security code from the vin number?

Do you changed the ECU ?
Which engine ?
what year ?

brownbajan
19th October, 2012, 10:35 AM
its the same engine and ecu that came together, i dont have the key that came with them, they came from a nose cut, i have the vin number the engine came from it is a 2004 legacy 2.0 litre turbocharged engine JDM

shitad
19th October, 2012, 02:05 PM
its the same engine and ecu that came together, i dont have the key that came with them, they came from a nose cut, i have the vin number the engine came from it is a 2004 legacy 2.0 litre turbocharged engine JDM

If you just re-register the key using SBB you should be fine. A part of the secuirty is in the cluster and the BCM so thats why it will not start by change only Engine ECU.
Try and see, you may have to change the BCM also you should find it on the lower steering column.

brownbajan
23rd October, 2012, 01:20 AM
i got the security code, but still cant program key, because the process requires a registered key