PDA

View Full Version : Unlock Iphone 3G from O2

coustobranlo
19th October, 2012, 06:37 PM
Hello,

A friend of mine gave me an Iphone 3G, it was already a second Hand, so I think there is no way to unlock it by asking to O2.

I'm currently on Orange so I cannot use this phone.

If I put my SIM card in the only thing I can do is emergency calls and if I plug it to my computer Itunes Says me that i'm stuck.

So I used her sim card to be able to jailbreak the phone, download SAM and when I was about to de-activate the Iphone on SAM it was not doing anything (maybe because it was her O2 SIM Card).

So I decided to put back my SIM card in (I thought it would be ok thanks to the jailbreak) but it is not... and even if I use her SIM card back I cannot do anything but the emergency calls...

So could anyone help me fixing this?

Thank you and Have a good evening

kowalwalcz
19th October, 2012, 10:37 PM
Hello,

A friend of mine gave me an Iphone 3G, it was already a second Hand, so I think there is no way to unlock it by asking to O2.

I'm currently on Orange so I cannot use this phone.

If I put my SIM card in the only thing I can do is emergency calls and if I plug it to my computer Itunes Says me that i'm stuck.

So I used her sim card to be able to jailbreak the phone, download SAM and when I was about to de-activate the Iphone on SAM it was not doing anything (maybe because it was her O2 SIM Card).

So I decided to put back my SIM card in (I thought it would be ok thanks to the jailbreak) but it is not... and even if I use her SIM card back I cannot do anything but the emergency calls...

So could anyone help me fixing this?

Thank you and Have a good evening
you must check which baseband version do you have, if correct baseband, must reflash to ipad then unlock. important:remember there are also minuses of such an operation

coustobranlo
20th October, 2012, 01:17 AM
version : 05.15.04
running under 4.2.1

jackflash472
20th October, 2012, 02:12 AM
hey imho ultrasnow is all you need to unlock a 3gs
hope this helps

polako
20th October, 2012, 08:20 PM
they are right coustobranlo you need to use redsnow to update your baseband to ipad 6.15.00 and install ultrasnow under cydia pkg and you will be good with any baseand.

wannabuy
21st October, 2012, 11:33 AM
Be carefull using the ipad bs option you may loose the gps or no service !
Theres loads of stuff out there to work around this

polako
23rd October, 2012, 03:12 PM
thats true i tried several times with 3g and 3gs well i dont use the gps read this before you being the journey Unlock iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G baseband | Absinthe Jailbreak.com (http://absinthejailbreak.com/unlock-iphone-4s-4-3gs-3g-baseband/) but you can downgrade the baseband Downgrade baseband 6.15.00 iPhone 3GS - 3G | Absinthe Jailbreak.com (http://absinthejailbreak.com/downgrade-baseband-6-15-00-iphone-3gs-3g-in-progress/) and this Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 iPhone 4/3GS RedSn0w 0.9.10b8b [Windows] | iJailbreak.com (http://www.ijailbreak.com/how-to/jailbreak-ios-5-1-1-iphone-4-3gs-redsn0w-0-9-10b8b-windows/)