PDA

View Full Version : w210 No crank and int. no com with ME

stupidguy
19th October, 2012, 08:04 PM
Hi All,

Got an "01 w210 E320. Vehicle has an intermittent no crank. Also intermittent communication failure with ME. When it has no communication with the ME there is power to all switched wires. Also have voltage to high and low CAN bus wires. The fans come on high when there is no communication. The ME has no codes. EIS, EGS, and INST. CLUSTER have codes for missing communication with ME. The car will start after sitting for long periods. All start authorizations o.k. with SDS. EIS shows start position k50 in live data when problem occurs but there is no ground from ME to starter relay. K40 has been changed, shifter was swapped with used, then swapped back after same condition exists. All data from transmission correct for start. What am I missing here? Does not have keyless go so brake light switch should be ruled out. I did swap the ME with a used and it would start then die as not authorized. But then it stopped starting as well. I did not have the car long enough to see if it would lose communication with ME. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Always,
Greg (a.k.a. Stupidguy)

perovuk
19th October, 2012, 08:12 PM
I've had a few Mercedes with oxidation on the plug at the bottom underhud electronics that have behaved similarly

stupidguy
19th October, 2012, 08:17 PM
Which plug?

stupidguy
19th October, 2012, 08:19 PM
Foregot to add, I checked the transmission connector for fluid, it was clean. Later I found that the transmission module was oil cooled. I removed, opened, cleaned with electronics cleaner, and re-tested. Same condition. I was really hoping that caused the comm. problem.

smayer
19th October, 2012, 08:22 PM
Check ECU plugs, clean plug and ECU pins.

stupidguy
19th October, 2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks Smayer. I will check them again, they did all look very clean, but I did only have to take a couple apart for testing. I did my logic of these look good so should be o.k. . I can't say I checked them all.

perovuk
19th October, 2012, 08:29 PM
at the bottom of the underhood central Elektronic has several plug!

stupidguy
19th October, 2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks Perovuk, I thought you meant one plug in particluar. I will start checking.

perovuk
19th October, 2012, 08:35 PM
correction! that only applies if the car has a front central electronics not see until now year

zoyzoyni
19th October, 2012, 08:35 PM
faster way is to test one full set.ecu-ezs-esl-

stupidguy
19th October, 2012, 11:06 PM
I don't have a donor car anymore. I've checked about every connection and see no signs of corrosion or contamination.

Plutoe
20th October, 2012, 11:54 AM
Good morning, I would check the fuses and condition of the K40 board(a part of DAS). The board is located under hood on passenger side(LHD) within the control module box. Good Luck!!

stupidguy
22nd October, 2012, 04:30 PM
K40 already replaced.

smayer
22nd October, 2012, 09:26 PM
Same problem today, Defective ECU.

stupidguy
25th October, 2012, 05:17 PM
Was defective ECU as well.

stupidguy
25th October, 2012, 05:19 PM
Smayer, what part of the world are you from?

smayer
26th October, 2012, 12:21 AM
Smayer, what part of the world are you from?

I'm from Portugal.