PDA

View Full Version : All suggestions will be taken on board!

Devilfish
12th February, 2008, 02:49 AM
Please post your suggestions in here!

This is a new board and we have an open mind.

If you think it'll be popular, we'll give it a try!

Thanks
Devilfish

C64
14th May, 2008, 06:55 PM
Can we have a CELTIC skin and can all Rangers fans be banned?

(except you mate, obviously)

;)

Seriously though, I reckon you've done the place up superbly, I can't think of anything that I'd change, the site has everything, well done to you and your team of mods :)

Devilfish
14th May, 2008, 06:59 PM
Why would I want to tarnish it with a celtic skin lol...only kiddin...but still no lol.

Cheers Witchy, much appreciated, I'm sure the others will feel the same. :)

C64
14th May, 2008, 07:00 PM
Actually mate, I've just thought of something.

How about a place where we can discuss Movies and TV shows?

Jaffa
15th May, 2008, 08:03 AM
Actually mate, I've just thought of something.

How about a place where we can discuss Movies and TV shows?

Could be a good section, really depends on the interest. I would be interested in it though.

aftermath
15th May, 2008, 08:17 AM
@ witchy. Maybe give a little detail about the movie, possibly using Imdb for a description or even use the Posters details about what it is about.

maybe even a score in stars 1-10,

Dreamer
15th May, 2008, 09:10 AM
I think a TV and Movies section might be a good idea. Here's your first Movie review.

Doomsday.
Killer Virus devestates Scotland and it gets quaranteened. It is thought that everyone died. After 27years the virus appears in London.The big wigs in the goverment have known for 3 years that some people have survived in Glasgow due to sat pics. A special squad of soldiers are tasked to find out how there are still some survivors in Glasgow and bring back a cure.

The fight scenes near the begining are shot too quick. You don't get a chance to appreciate the violence. A posh spice lookalike is the leader of the special ops team. She is a super-dooper fighting machine. It then turns into a mixture of movies like Shaun of the Dead (without the humour) and Mad Max.
Hair dye, gimp suits. pvc gear and fishnets are apparently still available in Glasgow after it has had no outside contact for 27 years and I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry at the dancing Scotsmen.(I'm sure all the English watchers will have a good laugh)
The story is totally unbelievable especially what she does at the end. The music is good and the film keeps you entertained all the way through. I'd give it 7/10.

Anyone wanting a proper review can go here.
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/film.nsf/reviews/doomsday

Devilfish
15th May, 2008, 08:54 PM
I've seen movies and tv sections on other forums and they're not really that busy. Depends on the topic of the site, if it was a tv forum then yeh, brill, but I can't really see it being a hit on this type of forum.

General Chat would probably be the best place at the moment. And if we get more and more folks posting on the subject etc then we could look at a section specifically for it. :)

andy4
18th May, 2009, 01:34 PM
DF any chance of a gardening & diy m8

MetalKettle
18th May, 2009, 01:38 PM
DF any chance of a gardening & diy m8

And Chicken keeping please :)

MetalKettle
18th May, 2009, 01:57 PM
Serious one now....

Is it possible to have the Chatbox fixed at the top of every page? not just the index or iSpy pages, so when viewing/writing posts it is still visable.

.: JaCkPoT :.
18th May, 2009, 11:58 PM
Thats how gazer has it on his place, its very good but increases load time and slows the server down imho..
I like the sound of diy section though!

JOGAR
9th August, 2009, 03:37 AM
HI
I am new here.

Please add a digital-kaos chat Live!!!

thanks

Devilfish
9th August, 2009, 10:50 PM
HI
I am new here.

Please add a digital-kaos chat Live!!!

thanks

There is a live chatbox at the top of the main page and on the realtime posts page.

cunny
10th August, 2009, 10:34 PM
Please see http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f7/irc-channel-48411/ for irc channel suggestion

lensman
5th February, 2010, 10:46 PM
How about a new forum: Driving!

snagga
5th February, 2010, 11:12 PM
How about a bidding style Job board for freelancers.

jagguy
6th February, 2010, 02:01 PM
can you change the website colours to make it more legible; it`s not esy to see in blue - or am I just an old fart?

Manic01
6th February, 2010, 02:15 PM
Change the skin, bottom left of page.

johnboy1974
27th April, 2010, 11:56 PM
hi devilfish can we have a section for the iphone please.
this mobile device has a massive following in the uk and i with dk being supported by some smart techie heads this would be an ideal platform to pass on iphone knowledge and increase the membership of the worlds greatest digital forum.

opsmonkey
28th April, 2010, 12:14 AM
hi devilfish can we have a section for the iphone please.
this mobile device has a massive following in the uk and i with dk being supported by some smart techie heads this would be an ideal platform to pass on iphone knowledge and increase the membership of the worlds greatest digital forum.

what like the one we have already..

iPhone (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f110/)

have a GOOD look around the forum mate....

next thing you'll be asking for a Cable or Satellite section ;)

johnboy1974
28th April, 2010, 12:57 AM
what like the one we have already..

iPhone (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f110/)

have a GOOD look around the forum mate....

next thing you'll be asking for a Cable or Satellite section ;)

sorry opsmankey ive been a dk member for over a year and never knew this section existed. on the navigation page it just says pda and mobile devices then nothing about the iphone once you go there. thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

opsmonkey
28th April, 2010, 04:12 PM
Mate there is a whole Apple section lol.. Its in between PC Adviser and Gamers Lounge..

Its called the Apple Store.. caters for iPod Touch / iPhone / Mac OS and Older iPods..

Apple Store (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f108/)

johnboy1974
13th May, 2010, 10:37 AM
hi devilfish how about opening up new avenues so that members can make a donation. i myself would like to donate but i dont have a debit card and thus a paypal account. some sights you can donate to them by text message and the donation taken from your phone account or how about a postal order sent to a po box.

Devilfish
13th May, 2010, 04:16 PM
Sorry johnboy, that sounds like too much hard work to me for only a few donations, if that.

cunny
13th May, 2010, 07:49 PM
How about a server/service status page ?

Just incase the site went down, you and the staff could post status ie, server down, in middle of resolving?

Just so people would know that digital kaos has just not dropped off the web

Devilfish
13th May, 2010, 08:01 PM
Something like this cunny?

Kaos (http://digital-kaos.blogspot.com/)

;)

cunny
13th May, 2010, 08:10 PM
Exactly llike that lol

I actually forgot about that, but thanks for the reminder Mr Devilfish Sir

Devilfish
13th May, 2010, 08:28 PM
If the server is down for any reason, I would probably redirect the domain to that page so that anyone trying to access the forum can see what's going on.

spice
24th July, 2010, 02:11 PM
im not a vip i will be today i hope lol, as a user i cant see anything reagarding VIP and what the benefits would be and devilsh m8 im sure you wouldnt have any trouble recurting members of staff at least to help run the benefits of having VIP.

imhsar
11th August, 2010, 06:41 AM
i think you shud give a new section related with automotive...
what do you think.. people luv to share there problem and help to others....

fukinavit
13th August, 2010, 02:29 AM
hi,
im not sure who i should contact on here, but i registered the other day and i made a couple of posts, but now i cannot view my old posts for replies, is says i do not have permission, what have i done???

trevormaharaj
13th August, 2010, 09:04 AM
i cant seem to access the garage section did i do something wrong i was busy assisting now i cant even view the post:banghead:
assume we newbies are not gud enough to assist not all of us have software to share but we do have the capabitlity to help with certian repiars

PremierD
13th August, 2010, 10:18 AM
i cant seem to access the garage section did i do something wrong i was busy assisting now i cant even view the post:banghead:
assume we newbies are not gud enough to assist not all of us have software to share but we do have the capabitlity to help with certian repiars

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f7/garage-139149/index2.html

DVB2100
14th August, 2010, 08:34 AM
Have you considered making garage subforums for different cars makers? I think it would be much clearer if main car maker's had their own forums.

Itsme
14th August, 2010, 09:19 AM
How about a "Current Annoucement or Status" banner which displays at the top of every page to let people know of anything that is happening with DK such as the Maintenance that is being carried out in the Garage forum.

It seems many people have misunderstood what is happening in the Garage forum as from what I can tell seems to be only discussed within the body of the General Chat forum and this is leading to confusion and rumours and the generation of what could be classed as "Spam" threads as people post the "I can't get in" and "you don't have permission" which I believe the revamp of the garage is trying to avoid.

drakov
15th August, 2010, 01:29 PM
Valid point itsme, and I am sure over the coming days maybe even weeks things will become much clearer, unfortunately Friday the 13th was indeed an unlucky day for a lot of members, makes you wonder if it was Planned or just a Coincidence :D .

As for the current spammers, I expect those to stop very soon.

phamhuy
17th August, 2010, 04:16 PM
please tell me how to automotive software?thanks a lot, because i'm vietnamese, my country is very poor, so i need your forum to study about automotive.
Another question, why ip Viet Nam can't log to digital-kaos?
thanks a lot, please

gtpilot
18th August, 2010, 09:16 PM
Don't suppose any consideration was given to splitting up the garage forum returning the general, news and mechanical forums and private for everthing else (software, diagnositic, downloads, etc)?

biszkopt
13th September, 2010, 09:30 PM
maybe we should do new sub forum in General Automotive Help and Discussions
peugeot
citroen
vag
etc.
it will be easy to find info about these car

tshirtman
14th September, 2010, 01:32 AM
How about a sticky in cable section explaining what Nagra 3 is,
and how it effects box's
with a simple title like "If your loosing channels, read here"
should eliminate a lot of repeat threads.

RSwire
3rd October, 2010, 09:42 PM
DF, would it be possible to have a" software request and install help" thread in the garage section? The links can be sent via pm or email letting the sharer decide who to give it to.There are a lot of posts for sw every where and it is cluttering up other sections( comercial/indus.). Just a thought. Thanks.

steppenwolf
4th October, 2010, 12:52 PM
DF, would it be possible to have a" software request and install help" thread in the garage section? The links can be sent via pm or email letting the sharer decide who to give it to.There are a lot of posts for sw every where and it is cluttering up other sections( comercial/indus.). Just a thought. Thanks.

I think this is a nice idea. S/W wont be posted, just request. After that by PM`s you can send links or if it`s not good for DK, with PM we can exchange mails than the stuff can go on...

peko
15th January, 2011, 06:44 PM
order to help friends quickly, and to make the forum easier to read,

every post should be edited to add on the tittle "SOLVED" when the problem is resolved.

what you think ?

bald rick
15th January, 2011, 08:26 PM
I think a holiday section would benefit our D.K. members,

tips on agents, resorts, where to go or not, etc. etc.

thanks.

VU4ME
19th January, 2011, 07:15 PM
I think now the Vu+ solo/duo box is getting very popular it should now have their own thread just like the dreambox, it will make life easier when searching for stuff related for the VU+ Boxes

Shady
21st January, 2011, 07:57 PM
Hows about a dealer review section? People could buy their boxes as normal, and then review the delivery, price, customer support etc of the dealer they bought from. May stop all the 'has anybody bought from etc' threads

satsmo
21st January, 2011, 11:14 PM
the 'has anybody bought from etc' threads

Are how members review dealers to some extent.

However having a dealers review section never really gives a "true" summation of what members would require. Like the numerous where to buy and has anyone bought from threads, do you believe all you read?

Admittedly we all know who are the good and bad traders based on posts here and across numerous forums. However some posters tend to over emphasis how good a dealer is, these are never really a balanced review IMHO.

Hence why reviews by some posters can be close to advertising.

nato.machado
11th April, 2011, 06:39 PM
Please post your suggestions in here!

This is a new board and we have an open mind.

If you think it'll be popular, we'll give it a try!

Thanks
Devilfish

Thanks my friend!
I can not click on the thanks, the following message appears:

vBulletin Message
nato.machado, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. Check your registered email address for an activation link.
3.If you are trying to download files from the download section or download attachments, you are required to post on the forums before gaining access. After posting, your account will be upgraded within 15 minutes. Please don't post asking why you can't download, if you have posted, permission will be automatically granted.

I can not access the site only through the site Hide My Ass! Free Proxy and Privacy Tools - Surf The Web Anonymously (http://7.hidemyass.com/ip-1/encoded/Oi8vd3d3LmRpZ2l0YWwta2Fvcy5jby51ay9mb3J1bXMvcmVkaX JlY3QtdG8vP3JlZGlyZWN0PWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuaGlk ZW15YXNzLmNvbQ%3D%3D).

you know if there some setting I can use?

Evastar
12th April, 2011, 05:25 PM
a multi quote option would be nice, as some people are making half a dozen posts or more in a row quoting other posts :)

barrowmanandrew
12th April, 2011, 05:27 PM
a multi quote option would be nice, as some people are making half a dozen posts or more in a row quoting other posts :)

there is one eva.

it just says multi

Evastar
12th April, 2011, 05:29 PM
lol well maybe rename it because i didn't even know it was there, and looks like lots of other people don't know how to use it either!!

Devilfish
12th April, 2011, 09:14 PM
Not sure if I could fit 'Multi Quote' in the wee space lol.

the man
13th April, 2011, 01:29 AM
a manlove section?

SouthernComfort
13th April, 2011, 02:12 AM
Not sure if its been mentioned before but a decent android section wouldn't go amiss. Something like development, phone, tablet etc. As an os its pretty fascinating stuff and i'm sure plenty of members could make good use of it. Best of all the majority is open source.

the man
10th May, 2011, 06:13 PM
General Satellite TV (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/) can we make it over 16s only or over 18s? no kids ?

setfiretorain
10th May, 2011, 06:30 PM
The man I'm only 14 and I think the effort I put into that section is no different to what most ' Adults ' on here do, Don't want to flame, But I think thats a real stupid idea, What if this was the reverse and All xbox 360 knowledge was restricted to U18's ey?, Where would adults get the knowledge they use?

Soft idea in my eyes, But thats up to the board to judge and not me !

Regards.

the man
10th May, 2011, 06:34 PM
The man I'm only 14 and I think the effort I put into that section is no different to what most ' Adults ' on here do, Don't want to flame, But I think thats a real stupid idea, What if this was the reverse and All xbox 360 knowledge was restricted to U18's ey?, Where would adults get the knowledge they use?

Soft idea in my eyes, But thats up to the board to judge and not me !

Regards.

lol

do one cod face , theman was asking the mods :laugh:

can we ban u 15s replying in All suggestions will be taken on board! (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f7/all-suggestions-will-taken-board-3/index4.html#post1092282) thread aswell pls

smirnoff_rules
10th May, 2011, 06:35 PM
l agree with ellisharris , age hasnt anything to do with it .. kids that are into this stuff soon pass us older lads and if there glad to help thats ok with me

Manic01
11th May, 2011, 08:19 AM
Nice idea but members like Jackpot would never had been vip here and he is very helpful and knowledgable.
The answer is better Moderation of sections.

satsmo
11th May, 2011, 04:55 PM
The answer is better Moderation of sections.

Please tell us how we can improve the moderation of sections and we will try to endeavour to do so?

We always take criticism as a constructive type.

Manic01
11th May, 2011, 07:46 PM
My suggestion is not so much better, I really menat maybe more full time cover where possible.
|We all have work as well so not easy I know.

satsmo
11th May, 2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks we will take that on board.

gmb used to carry the can but he is slipping of late, zap is not using his whip on him as often as he could :)

mickydibble
13th May, 2011, 02:58 PM
I have a very BIG whip only bring out for special occasions and would gladly whip lots of post if I could...;) haha

AbsoluteFire
19th May, 2011, 12:58 AM
Some other forums with a shout/chat box have it visible on most pages.

Could it be embedded at the top between the logo and the red user status in the blue space.

irishbluestaffy
9th June, 2011, 11:12 PM
i would like to c some liverpool fc smileys as some others have them,and maybe a fishing section

Devilfish
12th June, 2011, 08:54 PM
If you can find a few smilies m8 I'll have a look and maybe add some. :)

maca
12th June, 2011, 08:56 PM
There's not a smiley on the planet that stig aint posted in the s/b lol

skydive80
13th June, 2011, 08:08 PM
The subject about best clone images comes up time after time so i was thinking would it be a good idea to have a sticky with a poll regarding the best images and why the users think there image are the best.

skydive80
16th June, 2011, 04:52 PM
The subject about best clone images comes up time after time so i was thinking would it be a good idea to have a sticky with a poll regarding the best images and why the users think there image are the best.

Admin, could this be conceded?

daithi
18th June, 2011, 10:57 PM
There's not a smiley on the planet that stig aint posted in the s/b lol

lol thats a fact

kingele18
15th August, 2011, 04:54 AM
I think the style it too dark, it really needs some active colors

zaphodbb
15th August, 2011, 06:35 AM
Thanks we will take that on board.

gmb used to carry the can but he is slipping of late, zap is not using his whip on him as often as he could :)

hmmm cant do much about him sats, he spends most of his time on the crapper.

cunny
15th August, 2011, 06:37 AM
Funny you should say that zap, i find him most time talking rubbish in shoutbox lol

gmb45
15th August, 2011, 06:42 AM
Funny you should say that zap, i find him most time talking rubbish in shoutbox lol

talking shite coont, theres a difference :)

markjanes
27th August, 2011, 01:46 PM
for some reason when i reboot my s/v box i keep getting a log in message come up on the screen stating
15/aug/2011 09:47:38
box no 002661016174
can anyone explain to me what this or help me to remove it or is my box just totally k o'd

lagerland
27th August, 2011, 01:52 PM
Ave a read mate....................

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/reminder-all-regards-latest-starview-server-posts-212701/

Meat-Head
20th November, 2011, 06:31 PM
1) Could we have an 'download' (upload) for the home and garden selection please - i have a selection of eeprom dumps from a small collection of modern washingmachines - they get corrupt ?20 for replacement item - just reprogramme and hope.

2) somekind of 'sticky' thread where if a member puts a password on a file it's just a 'default' password - they post it their - then can only be seen by members with more than x posts.

Meat.

alduin400
23rd January, 2012, 04:52 PM
I would like to see music thread..Where we could post what are we listening to,talk about music,about creating music and things like that..We can help each others.. thanks in advance

Meat-Head
13th May, 2012, 10:26 PM
*SORRY* for being such a retard here.

I was stalking a DK member by google, and this page came up

Digital Kaos - Show Groups (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showgroups.php)

Which looks REALLY cool, but i'm unable to find the correct link to it?

Any offers?

Thnaks

Meat

Devilfish
20th May, 2012, 07:19 PM
Down near the bottom of the main forumhome page, Digital Kaos Team.

Meat-Head
24th May, 2012, 10:11 PM
Hi with reference to the updated rules http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/

Would it be a good suggestion to remove the 'insert e-mail' option in the reply function.

Also could Admin make one of them STUIPID ANNOYING pop up things for a one off alerting members to the updated rules - discovered by accident there updated.

no personal information email addresses, phone numbers etc to be posted in the forums

Meat-Head
28th May, 2012, 09:33 PM
Hi was just about to go stalking, and this poped up on an INFERIOR website:-

To comply with the new E.U. e-Privacy Directive, we need to ask for your consent to place these cookies on your computer.

Don't want the worlds bestwebsite falling foul of some STUPID law - not seen it anywhere else.

Would also like some advise - unable to use the shout box from my mobile phone - any of them

Is there an external link i can try?

Thanks

Meat.

Devilfish
4th June, 2012, 10:12 PM
The shout box is coded with AJAX, don't think mobile phones can handle this yet.

Also, some information on cookies here...

Digital Kaos - FAQ: General Forum Usage (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/faq/forums/general/#faq_vb3_cookies)

Meat-Head
4th June, 2012, 10:16 PM
The shout box is coded with AJAX, don't think mobile phones can handle this yet.

Thought that was bathroom cleaner?

(now post 11,000 - again)

the man
23rd June, 2012, 05:43 PM
dogging section pleases?

Meat-Head
23rd June, 2012, 06:32 PM
dogging section pleases?

Theres websites for that - apparantly - i vote no, unless that bird from the parts place is there.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f86/tourist-shock-fake-sign-directs-visitors-official-dogging-area-cotswolds-114493/

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f86/council-deforests-beauty-spot-combat-dogging-109074/

snappy0664
13th September, 2012, 10:38 PM
I have tried logging in a few times but my password is not accepted and I cannot find a link to reinstate my passwork. I have had to register again with another name to post this problem. How can I reset a password?
Thanks

tshirtman
14th September, 2012, 09:20 PM
I have tried logging in a few times but my password is not accepted and I cannot find a link to reinstate my passwork. I have had to register again with another name to post this problem. How can I reset a password?
Thanks

At the top of page click on "user CP"

then on left of page it's under "Settings & Options"

mtechno
14th September, 2012, 10:29 PM
Someone has been using my account from a laptop I used to use, the bookmark & password were saved in favorites on that laptop which is still in use.
I have since tried several time to change my password but that does not stop the lapdog using my account.
It does not record lapdog as logging in but it does mark every post they have looked at as read by me.
Is there any way to resolve this? It's a real pain that lots of posts I have not read are marked as if I have rear them especially in the comedy & pc forums.

smirnoff_rules
15th September, 2012, 12:14 AM
change pass in menu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtechno
17th September, 2012, 07:19 PM
I have tried that several times, it made no difference, whatever they look at is marked as if I have read it but it only recognises me as logged in not them!

johnboy1974
18th September, 2012, 10:14 PM
Mods can i have a thread in the iphone section moved to be a sticky. Its information for first time jailbreakers and i seem to be pointing members back to it more and more.
I will keep an eye on it and update it frequently.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f110/first-time-jailbreak-what-now-251547/

Bulld0g
18th September, 2012, 10:24 PM
Done it m8.

smirnoff_rules
18th September, 2012, 10:26 PM
why ???? these iphones will never take off!!

sent from my great iphone lol

Meat-Head
19th September, 2012, 07:37 AM
why ???? these iphones will never take off!!

sent from my great iphone lol

yeah my thick friend gave me an iphone mk3 16kw whatever

only going to velcro it to my toolbox for that 'my car check' no work on pc

Meat-Head
24th September, 2012, 10:08 PM
ok, so finaly got a pre-pay Meaty-Card, so can now redonate to this FANTASTIC site, but it's ONLY ?12 a year, can an extra dropdowb tab for ?25 be added please, BEFORE depart with hard earned cash?

thanks

Meat

PremierD
24th September, 2012, 10:09 PM
ok, so finaly got a pre-pay Meaty-Card, so can now redonate to this FANTASTIC site, but it's ONLY ?12 a year, can an extra dropdowb tab for ?25 be added please, BEFORE depart with hard earned cash?

thanks

Meat

No ... just donate twice .. lol

Meat-Head
24th September, 2012, 10:19 PM
*BUGGER*.

if had known that would have done that. last time

thus saving non donating, leech mode.

Meaty-Card STILL think meat-head-motors is fictious!

johnboy1974
19th March, 2013, 08:41 AM
Guys could we have a retro section put into the gamers lounge please.
A lot of us old timers like myself still play our n64,s mega drives and super in tendons etc etc.
Retro gaming is growing all the time and so are the emulators.
It would be great to see retro gaming added to the gaming lounge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gmb45
19th March, 2013, 08:47 AM
Guys could we have a retro section put into the gamers lounge please.
A lot of us old timers like myself still play our n64,s mega drives and super in tendons etc etc.
Retro gaming is growing all the time and so are the emulators.
It would be great to see retro gaming added to the gaming lounge.

doubt it m8, best idea would be to start a thread then if it gets busy we can sticky it, then if it continues to be busy we would consider its own forum, but atm theres no chance because of the "new" DK which is imminent.

johnboy1974
19th March, 2013, 11:01 AM
doubt it m8, best idea would be to start a thread then if it gets busy we can sticky it, then if it continues to be busy we would consider its own forum, but atm theres no chance because of the "new" DK which is imminent.

Ok fair enough but which part of the gamers lounge would be best to start it mate.

gmb45
19th March, 2013, 11:06 AM
Ok fair enough but which part of the gamers lounge would be best to start it mate.

well as its not specific to a games consul i would say here---> PC and Social Networking (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f72/)

Devilfish
19th March, 2013, 04:54 PM
What gmb45 said...lol

Thanks for the suggestion johnboy, I'd like to see a section like that grow and be very popular but as gmb said, I don't like creating sections just to see if it's going to take off, I'd like some threads to move into it from the off.

If you can offer some 'keywords' for the section or some 'popular topics' within the genre, I'll do some research and see what I can post to attract some traffic. Likewise, if there's some good software or guides that would help it get off the ground, post them up (but give credit to the original writer or website it came from).

:)

johnboy1974
19th March, 2013, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure how to go about it but I would have a section on retro games, retro hardware and consoles and maybe emulation and flash cards to start it off.

cunny
21st March, 2013, 05:24 PM
How about just another section in time for 'other' This could cover other hardware/software.

I know i'd like to see a section for homebrew in the 360 section as there some cracking emulators on that format, but thats another subject for another day :)

Its a good idea mate

smirnoff_rules
21st March, 2013, 05:53 PM
the garage section needs a section with car makes
ie ford , opel . bmw and so on .. theres alot of lads that only work on certain makes of cars and can help better if they can go straight into the ford section instead of reading lots of posts with mixed cars

Devilfish
21st March, 2013, 11:29 PM
Fair point m8, I'll have a think about that! Would mean a lot of jigging about with the sections. Maybe after the forum is upgraded, we might take a look at that. Thanks

super jumbe
25th March, 2013, 06:42 PM
Come to think about we could hold a DK party every year before Christmas half was between London and Glasgow for those who wants to take part in a good chart and lunch together will have to donate ?20.00 towards the basic cost and splash few champagnes to go with it, those in favour I would like to hear from you***8230;..

smoggy
27th March, 2013, 01:55 AM
Quick Links tab only becomes available after clicking on Mark Forums Read
could we have Quick links tab permanently on tool bar

EDIT : if unable to do a quick links then a Todays Posts tab

m9g
29th March, 2013, 09:22 AM
this has probably been mentioned but cant find an answer when searching but wheres our thanks and thanked gone?

gmb45
29th March, 2013, 09:24 AM
this has probably been mentioned but cant find an answer when searching but wheres our thanks and thanked gone? all deleted when we upgraded, but df has said hes working on restoring them, so fingers crossed.

Meat-Head
29th March, 2013, 04:18 PM
all deleted when we upgraded, but df has said hes working on restoring them, so fingers crossed.

Bet you chucked them in the skip with a load of delted posts lol

motortecnica
4th April, 2013, 04:36 PM
Hello everyone, I would do my best compliments to all the staff for the wonderful forum you have changed big time!! ;)

southpaw
20th August, 2013, 10:16 AM
any chance df could have a look at the "return" key not working, when I post I like a bit of structure in my text but at present the return key does not start a new entry on a new line, so the whole text posts as one big long paragraph , its only a small thing I know but I am quite anal when it comes to text structure lol

Meat-Head
20th August, 2013, 07:51 PM
Yeah if were complaing, keep finding "this" happens typing away and end up with

blah jibber jib
erer

where carrage return gone dislexic

Terrymiller
21st September, 2013, 07:37 PM
Can anybody help with a good f5s channel please completely new to this

cunny
21st September, 2013, 07:42 PM
Yea look in sat section

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

plutox2
24th October, 2013, 07:44 PM
hi why not have a section (whats new around the world) this could be new inventions,new gadgets,new software etc and get people to search for these things you would then have a page no one else has with all the different things and maybe some kind reward for the weeks best thing thats on the sight voted by forum members its only a thought and might need tweaking abit but who know

M T Glass
1st January, 2015, 10:27 PM
I was wondering if there would be such a thing as an auto reply to new members introducing themselves welcoming them as there is usually a back log of these postys when I am on.
I know Mods are stretched at best and it is disheartening at times to see a newbie with his introduction, 1 post and 2 downloads but I grit my teeth as I came here originally to leech.
I don't mind answering the posts but have resorted tyo copy and paste and the server must be in overdrive.
Any thoughts?

satsmo
1st January, 2015, 11:34 PM
I know exactly what you mean MT but unfortunately an automated response would be somewhat monotone and not a "real" welcome as such to the forum. I and many others are not as active in the intro threads as we should be and rely solely upon members like you and others to welcome in new members.

Not ideal as I said but its the best we can do for now. Plus the fact that it is the holiday season most of our usual "welcoming members" may be taking a well earned break off line.

Once again thank you for your commitment to DK and I hope you are keeping as well as can be.

Meat-Head
2nd January, 2015, 12:54 AM
If we're adding sujestions than maybee ALL dk members change their router at home and work ssid to digital-Kaos for free advertising.

then to work out what member/mod lives there password something likr

There rank is the pass eg veteran, VIP, mod etc. stops folks viewing INFERIOR websites then.

M T Glass
2nd January, 2015, 07:55 AM
Thanks satsmo and Meat-Head.
I don't do it for to get a big post count (shuffles awkwardly) but, as I say, to help out. T'was nothing more than just a suggestion.
So, thanks for the reply.
As regards wellbeing, I'm on the mend and hail and hearty and will be DK-ing (as opposed to decaying) for a long while to come.
Happy new year.
As for Meat-Heads suggestion - I would be weary about changing the routers settings as the son is off it as well somewhere in this building and I don't want the wrath of Khan upon me. But I will look it up and have a chat with
him about it.

gmb45
2nd January, 2015, 08:23 AM
regaurding the noobs/intro forum, it must be remembered that theres a lot more now posting in the intro forum since df made it obligatory for them to make their first post in the intro forum, this keeps all the noobs from posting crap all over the place just to get to the downloads thus the staff dont have to spend hours every morn deleting shoite, meatys posts are an exception to this rule :roflmao:

rideon
19th January, 2015, 04:33 PM
Just another post for mods to delete...

Really like the 'Bluetest' style ,I've been struggling with 'blue' for a while... and is nice to see those user buttons again ...
Keep up the good work on the ,and i quote here,'words best website':top:

edit..is it me or the like button is gone?

Meat-Head
19th January, 2015, 06:50 PM
edit..is it me or the like button is gone?

Booted off for quicker posting time

cactikid
19th January, 2015, 11:52 PM
with bluetest i see 5 your link tabs top right.

ontherack
9th November, 2015, 05:01 PM
whinge of the week thread, moan about anything, if it gets to yer get it off yer chest at least fer a minute...

medium777
15th November, 2015, 10:04 AM
good forum, you need to give the award to administrators

Meat-Head
7th July, 2016, 07:23 PM
ON TOPIC:-

dont care about adverts here on worlds best website, but could somebody important
quick check please.

this was on top of the page!

ADVERTISEMENT:-

http://m.dhgate.com/product/brass-metal-knuckle-buster-belt-buckle-fighter/166698181.html#pd-109

centrozax1
12th June, 2020, 09:59 AM
Thinking about reseting password every 96 days and i think that will be great if you can turn on "email notifications" so when u change password u got email with username and your new (changed) password...
Every 3 months to do a new password is very safe but in other way "confusing" because everyone cant remember all passwords :)

Cheers guys!

Edited:

And one more think maybe.. In section "garage" thinking that would be great if we got some space for posting about your cars like pictures, mods, ect, ect...
The garage in the garage! :)

timothysmith
19th October, 2020, 01:26 PM
I think we can also add the section where we review the movie and web series.

m3vuv2
1st May, 2022, 02:29 PM
can a section be made on hacking/modding/building test gear,be it electronic or mechanical