PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: A GOOD PROFESSIONAL TUNER

looly
23rd October, 2012, 09:09 PM
As the title says.

Im fed up of having files from various so called "PRO" tuners which turn out to be sh!t, so I would like some honest recommendations pls and not just people pm'ing me saying I can tune ur file.. blah blah blah.

Thanks guys.

PierreTheron
23rd October, 2012, 09:40 PM
So Mate .. What will you find on DK

Only the most proffess people to try and help ./.

seems you getting kicked off from this site if you want some great help.....................
OOOPS ... did not mean it this way ...

Regards

smirnoff_rules
23rd October, 2012, 09:44 PM
this isnt a site made to make files for people to sell ? l would think your a trader/self employed tuner .. think this sites about helping u make your own files not make them for you ,,

that wasnt the idea behind starting the garage section

looly
23rd October, 2012, 09:48 PM
So Mate .. What will you find on DK

Only the most proffess people to try and help ./.

seems you getting kicked off from this site if you want some great help.....................

I think I understand what u r saying but surely there are members on here who use PRO tuners for their work and those "PRO" tuners dont neccesarily have to be dk members. I would just like some contact details of tried & tested PRO tuners.

looly
23rd October, 2012, 10:20 PM
this isnt a site made to make files for people to sell ? l would think your a trader/self employed tuner .. think this sites about helping u make your own files not make them for you ,,

that wasnt the idea behind starting the garage section

Im not asking anyone on here to sell me a file, im asking members if they have any recommendations outside of dk for a "Pro" tuner. There are various sites whereby companies are offering a file service but which one do I choose? Im sure there are plenty of people on here who are in the trade and who basically read & write files from suppliers without doing the modifications themselves as this is not their main line of work, just as it's not my main line of work. I mainly work on dashboards. I would love to be able to tune the files myself but unfortunately I have'nt got the time at the moment to find & study good useful info on the subject.

smokey08
23rd October, 2012, 10:47 PM
looly (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/135578-looly/) do you really want to be the "middle man"? Get friendly with a local tuner and send work directly to him, and try to make a deal with him so he will send his dashboard work your way.

looly
23rd October, 2012, 11:11 PM
looly (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/135578-looly/) do you really want to be the "middle man"? Get friendly with a local tuner and send work directly to him, and try to make a deal with him so he will send his dashboard work your way.

Not really smokes, but the nearest tuner that I know of down my way is approx 35miles away and he also does dashboards! Can't really see him giving up the dashboards to help me out lol besides there is a lot of competition up his way so customers would'nt need to travel 45mins down the road to me.

Alpinesport
24th October, 2012, 07:07 AM
You want a pro tuner for a clone tool HMMMMMM

Lock for tunning company and get a tool from them no pro tuner will support a clone

looly
24th October, 2012, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=Alpinesport;1742519]You want a pro tuner for a clone tool HMMMMMM

Lock for tunning company and get a tool from them no pro tuner will support a clone[/QUO

Why not? Please explain to us all..

zecas
24th October, 2012, 07:26 PM
try to learn yourself not really that difficult, clone or no clone is your choice but in my opinion is more importante to have original software to edit maps then original hardware but that is just me.

ominimicu
24th October, 2012, 09:01 PM
Money makes the world go round..

looly
24th October, 2012, 09:16 PM
Money makes the world go round..

Yes mate, very true!

avtonega
24th October, 2012, 09:59 PM
As the title says.

Im fed up of having files from various so called "PRO" tuners which turn out to be sh!t, so I would like some honest recommendations pls and not just people pm'ing me saying I can tune ur file.. blah blah blah.

Thanks guys.

Please let me know, when you found one reliable!

filecloud
25th October, 2012, 06:22 AM
You want a pro tuner for a clone tool HMMMMMM

Lock for tunning company and get a tool from them no pro tuner will support a clone

Why not? Please explain to us all..

Sorry, i do not want to be rude, but if you do not understand this fact you did not understand the market.

Chiptuning is a service, not a product! Weakest element in the chain determins the quality of the service. No pro tuner will sell open files or give support for partially working clone tools.
He is also interested in a happy customers because it is his image he has to loose! Do not forget about that.
Official tuners work with tool manufacturers hand in hand. Clone tools kill sales of original tools, increase the real tool prices, increase the number of killed cars, make bad chiptuning image, therefore reduce the price for crap tuning, make cheap files go round, tuning gets even worse. No further development, car manufacturers get mad and close ecus even quicker and so on.

There is a big gap between pro tuners and hobby tuners. In quality of product and service and in quality of earned money as well.
If you work with clones you will always stay on the looser side of this business. You have to work with B-quality product and you will only get B-Quality service for B-Quality money. On the looser side it is all about cheap prices. What do you expect from a standard file that is sold for 100 bucks of less? 10 minutes of work, no phone support, and of course no money back if your tool kills the ecu.
Face it and accept it.
greetings,
filecloud

rappttor
25th October, 2012, 11:49 AM
That's partially true, and you know it! i'm almost sure that all the pro tuners had clones, besides their ori tools, and you can not work on this field without bricking at least one ecu, clone tool or not. this is just tunning politics bulshiiiit etc etc. just make sure you have a good backup solution before hitting the write buttons !!!!

BUT ! the important part indeed is the quality of the files you use/make, and for that this topic was opened i think...

filecloud
25th October, 2012, 12:44 PM
That's partially true, and you know it! i'm almost sure that all the pro tuners had clones, besides their ori tools, and you can not work on this field without bricking at least one ecu, clone tool or not. this is just tunning politics bulshiiiit etc etc. just make sure you have a good backup solution before hitting the write buttons !!!!

BUT ! the important part indeed is the quality of the files you use/make, and for that this topic was opened i think...

Emmm...
Let me modify this statement a bit. When real PRO tuners began, there was no windows, no internet, no online shopping and therefore no clone tools. :-)
It is long time experience that makes the PRO a PRO.
The idea of making a backup is fine. But hobby tuners make no backup. They have no time to open ecus. They always read out only partial files, they have no tools to solder soic eeproms and so on.
And who makes the bricked ecu run again? It is the PRO tuner that restores the partial read with a file from his big database. It is him that knows which bits to turn in an eeprom to unlock the ecu.
You see it in every post here. Asking for virgin files, full BDM to restore bricked ecu and so on.
Many people try to help but post nonsense. Only few really could help. And only a few of those do help because they see it is one of their cheap competitors that grabbed a customer away and bricked the ecu.
greetings,
filecloud

rappttor
25th October, 2012, 07:21 PM
first: thx for the history lesson :bounce: !
second: last part of your post complet my statement indeed....

i wish you as many ecu to repair as you can get ! best way to make money this days.

J_amb_o
25th October, 2012, 09:33 PM
I'm unbricking more ECU's than ever these days, thanks to "the man in a van""

J

roth18
25th October, 2012, 09:40 PM
upsolute

never had a problem

looly
26th October, 2012, 10:32 AM
Emmm...
Let me modify this statement a bit. When real PRO tuners began, there was no windows, no internet, no online shopping and therefore no clone tools. :-)
It is long time experience that makes the PRO a PRO.
The idea of making a backup is fine. But hobby tuners make no backup. They have no time to open ecus. They always read out only partial files, they have no tools to solder soic eeproms and so on.
And who makes the bricked ecu run again? It is the PRO tuner that restores the partial read with a file from his big database. It is him that knows which bits to turn in an eeprom to unlock the ecu.
You see it in every post here. Asking for virgin files, full BDM to restore bricked ecu and so on.
Many people try to help but post nonsense. Only few really could help. And only a few of those do help because they see it is one of their cheap competitors that grabbed a customer away and bricked the ecu.
greetings,
filecloud

Firstly thank u for ur useful contribution to this thread..

Let me assure u that this is certainly not the case (for me anyway). As I stated in my original post my main line of work is mileage correction (for which I have both genuine & clone tools) and I know that the most important part of the job when altering data is to make a good back up of the original data first. As for not having the tools to solder soic eeproms etc...lol

Edit: after re-reading your post I noticed that u mentioned "hobby tuners" so what u have stated is probably correct (the same as "hobby mileage correctors"). Even though I am relatively new to remapping, I would like this side of my business to become as successful as the mileage side because I am in this for the long run and not just as a hobby.

ZIZZOU
26th October, 2012, 11:34 AM
hi Mr looly
i am what you ask for
i did chiptuing for many members here,and now those members make there chiptuning by them self
they had lurned a lot from my chiptuning file
best regard's
(i think this is the right answer of the 1st post)

peri
26th October, 2012, 12:29 PM
hi Mr looly
i am what you ask for
i did chiptuing for many members here,and now those members make there chiptuning by them self
they had lurned a lot from my chiptuning file
best regard's
(i think this is the right answer of the 1st post)

Absolutely true, but why is it bad?

In my experience, are more harmful to this "business" those who learn by experimenting with potential customers, that learners installing (and comparing) the work of professionals chiptuners.

taluego, peri