PDA

View Full Version : Technomate 5402 HD Settings

dflo
24th October, 2012, 10:47 PM
Hi Guys,

I am new to the world of satellite receivers(apart from having a few sky boxes in the past so i just wanted to firstly introduce myself and thank you guys for any advice you can give me.

I am about to purchase a technomate 5402 hd with a view to setting it up myself. I have heard that its possible to buy a sub for paid sports and movies channels on ebay etc but I am a little unsure that the people I have been in touch with are trustworthy and want regular payment to keep updating.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for instructions on how to set up a 5402 to receive these channels. Is it a case of simply updating the firmware and channel list or so I actually need to subscribe to one of these places? I am fairly technical and know that I may have to update the software every few months or so to continue receiving the channels and have read the posts about how to update via usb and I am comfortable with this.

My other question is a friend has just had a 5402 installed in the past couple of days which has been set up to receive all of these channels. Can I simply read the date from that receiver and load it onto my receiver and then update it when i need to?

any advice much appreciated

Manic01
25th October, 2012, 02:49 AM
Welcome to Digital Kaos.
We cannot discuss that here.
Google is your friend.

dflo
27th October, 2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks for letting me know. Can you offer any advice on the receiver. I am thinking that I only really need a basic functionality but I want to stick with the techno mate brand and still be able load the softcams etc.