PDA

View Full Version : MED 17 5.5 TC1766 locked after trying boot mode

soplillo
25th October, 2012, 06:56 PM
Hi everybody, I have EU galletto with 3 leds V48-103

I have a med17 5.5 of a ibiza cupra 1.4 tsi, and I could get ID and galletto soft said that the ecu has got antituning protection and when I tried to read I didn't.

Then I opened the ecu and I identify the processor, is a TC1766
and I tried to do boot mode choosing TC1766 (soldering boot wire to pin to the correct pad of pcb) without succes.

But when I tried to get ID by obd mode I couldn't and now the ecu doesn't work.

Anybody knows what happened?

Thank you.

mamanacusa
25th October, 2012, 07:36 PM
Seems like your clone get the ecu burnt.

Please buy a new one.

Regards

J_amb_o
25th October, 2012, 10:03 PM
Another FG2 clone dead ECU - keep killing them guys!

soplillo
25th October, 2012, 10:10 PM
How do you know that the ecu is dead for to do boot mode???

I never broke an ecu doing boot mode!

correcaminos
25th October, 2012, 11:35 PM

there's always a first time for everything

rust55
27th October, 2012, 10:39 AM
Now read on OBD. Passat B6 TSI1.8 med17.5.5.

rappttor
27th October, 2012, 04:44 PM
I don't think galetto did something wrong, using the boot mode protocol with the correct setup it should work, surely you made a mistake when you open it, or when you soldered/chose the pinout.
Try to see if you can communicate in every way with it on the car.

kinder
27th October, 2012, 07:24 PM
It is very easy to kill ecu if the soldering iron is not grounded, you tuch boot pin and procesor locks up forever in boot, you can figure out your self, read ecu without boot pin conected on table and you will see :)
BTW. Galletto is not a tool for this job!

popescovici11
27th October, 2012, 08:06 PM
call alientech and ask for assistance :D :D :D

umoussa
27th October, 2012, 08:34 PM
I have read MED17.5.5 with fgtech so smooth. Looks like you have incorrectly boot the ecu.

But one important thing, did you measure the resistance between the grey and black wires before you read the ecu?

Maybe your cable is not well configured

Overtune
28th October, 2012, 11:51 AM
I have read MED17.5.5 with fgtech so smooth. Looks like you have incorrectly boot the ecu.

But one important thing, did you measure the resistance between the grey and black wires before you read the ecu?

Maybe your cable is not well configured

+1 bootmode works 100% ok. Maybe your fault or did damage to ecu while trying to open...

soplillo
28th October, 2012, 08:58 PM
I'm sure that the ecu pinout is correct becouse I use the galletto manual and I choose the correct microprocessor and the correct ecu model.

Before to did boot mode the ecu communicates with interface and identify.

I checked the boot wire with a tester and it has got a 1k resistor.

I use a regulated power supply with good voltage.

I tried to read ecu without boot pin but the ecu it's locked.

peko
28th October, 2012, 09:37 PM
I'm sure that the ecu pinout is correct becouse I use the galletto manual and I choose the correct microprocessor and the correct ecu model.

Before to did boot mode the ecu communicates with interface and identify.

I checked the boot wire with a tester and it has got a 1k resistor.

I use a regulated power supply with good voltage.

I tried to read ecu without boot pin but the ecu it's locked.

you test boot mod pin with tester but with ecu ON 12V ?

soplillo
29th October, 2012, 09:54 AM
you test boot mod pin with tester but with ecu ON 12V ?

yes, checked.

soplillo
29th October, 2012, 04:32 PM
New news, I could read the ecu with original k.tag of alientech, finally, the mistake was by my european galletto2.

Overtune
3rd November, 2012, 01:46 PM
A clone ktag would do this ecu fine also...

tuningschool
3rd November, 2012, 03:05 PM
kTg clone not working for many and many family of ecu.
Galletto Original has BURNED 3 ecu in my hand (2 med 17 like 3d, and 1 EDC17 CP46) after my request to refund the changed MANUAL DOCUMENTS and boot pin changed.
I have the old one and now we are with LAWYER ;)
So probably your manual OLD.

peko
3rd November, 2012, 04:40 PM
which version manuel you have ? or which date new manuel ?

OVERSPEED
4th November, 2012, 03:04 PM
If the manual is wrong, can you share the new and rigth one ?

dragger
7th November, 2012, 10:45 PM
the galletto clone cannot read the MED17.5.5 which has Tpot8-10
All the others can be done via obd or boot mode. but Tpot8 protected ecus (like 1.4 tsi 180ps) not working with it.

Overtune
4th January, 2013, 10:40 PM
I think 1.4tsi 180ps is not t-prot. I have made many of them by obd with powergate M.

powertdi
4th January, 2013, 11:51 PM
kTg clone not working for many and many family of ecu.
Galletto Original has BURNED 3 ecu in my hand (2 med 17 like 3d, and 1 EDC17 CP46) after my request to refund the changed MANUAL DOCUMENTS and boot pin changed.
I have the old one and now we are with LAWYER ;)
So probably your manual OLD.

PLease show where EXACTLY FG changed boot pin after you request? I compare may2012 manual and november. Its almost same.

carmageddon
5th January, 2013, 01:59 PM
the boot pin is right

Dobermann
6th January, 2013, 01:30 AM
My Galletto V2 read/write that ecu without problems !!

bootmode works good !! important is that you solder the bootpin! you need good connection all the time to read and write !!

thats my experiance with med17

my galletto read/write full ecu

i was really suprised that the galletto work and do his job ;-)

for the moment my galletto is better than my Original Optican Flasher

soplillo
6th January, 2013, 04:22 AM
Hi, how I saw you are talking about this post again I have to say that the ecu was faoulty beocuse sometimes I could be read and sometimes not, the problem was located on the can H line has got a overvoltage and when the fault appears the ecu doesn't work.

The problem not was in galletto.

TCSTigersClaw
6th January, 2013, 12:19 PM
I think 1.4tsi 180ps is not t-prot. I have made many of them by obd with powergate M.

Early Seat Cupra and FR CAVE/CAVB engines ECUs are not t-prot as well as Golf GT`s .

:)

dvdegrt
26th March, 2013, 09:39 PM
Me have also eu clone galleto not made so much edc17 and med 17 had like 2bmw one
wilksvagen 2 peugeot and always all perfect obd no problems at all maybe sometimes
not read vrite but never ****ed something and chinese mpps ****ed one a6 edc 16 obd
fixed it vith galleto bdm and nov k tag bought chinese and ****ed crafter 3 transistor burned also not read full flash but galleto did
fixed it later vas ok after changed them made 2 crafter before vith galleto no trouble but used
outside power suply to ecu and vith k tag from machine itself so eu clone galleto is good not always vork mostly vork if not obd then bdm
but most important is not burned an ecu till now vith it

mitch2
10th April, 2013, 10:47 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/DarkCore/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by soplillo http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/DarkCore/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f173/med-17-5-5-tc1766-locked-after-trying-boot-mode-300386/#post1744777)

there's always a first time for everything."

yes men ,if you use clone chinesse tool you take this risk.but in the most of case is for bad use.

leolux
27th May, 2013, 12:26 AM

Im 2 never broke any ecu. Its impossible to brke one only with connect botton. One chos are bad pinot or bad connect boot pin.

asso
27th May, 2013, 10:25 PM
Ktag and the best tool for established and functions, I include photos of my work200751200752