PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! iPhone 3g Home Button Not Working Can't Restore..

gspeedy
26th October, 2012, 04:08 PM
Was selling me old 3g iPhone (with broken home button)
I reset the iPhone 3g so it would remove all my info.
An was hoping it would go back to like new.

But now its stuck on the apple icon screen.

So am thinking i need to restore with iTunes.
But i can't get in to dfu mode as the home button is not working.

Is the any software that will get the phone in to DFU mode?

polako
26th October, 2012, 04:40 PM
this 3g iphone work different than iphone 4g-s hold the power 3 sec after press and hold home button and hold them for 10 sec both and release power and keep pressing the home for 6-10 secs unitl you get dfu mode (blank screen) after that just plug it and restore it with itunes

cheers

fijiman
26th October, 2012, 09:33 PM
this 3g iphone work different than iphone 4g-s hold the power 3 sec after press and hold home button and hold them for 10 sec both and release power and keep pressing the home for 6-10 secs unitl you get dfu mode (blank screen) after that just plug it and restore it with itunes

cheers

Home Button not working...

If you had a 3GS or higher I would of recommended you build a DFU ipsw(redsn0w) and just restore with it leaving your iPhone in DFU mode...not sure if it will work a 3G...

Jailbreak iPhone with broken Home button (DFU mode) - YouTube

polako
27th October, 2012, 05:44 PM
it works i have tried that several times with 3g and gs their dfu procedure is a bit of different that 4g and up. the issue is that itunes is not signing 5.1.1 anymore for 3gs and for 3g will be 4.2.1. whe he can try to point itunes to cydia servers to restore or try tyni umbrella

gspeedy
27th October, 2012, 10:14 PM
i Have the apple logo on the screen.. So i plug in & run itunes put itunes don't even see the iphone is plug in.. so can't get the restore screen up

smirnoff_rules
27th October, 2012, 10:16 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com% 2F&ei=HU-MUO_tDcSS0QXnmoGgAw&usg=AFQjCNG_5SLASGx8u8i-reyWeajXavYIwg u can try this , sometimes it kicks it out of restore

gspeedy
27th October, 2012, 11:54 PM
don't think it can be seen by the computer...

kebabs
29th October, 2012, 07:06 AM
How about fitting a new home button cheap and easy to do, then you will get more money for it when you sell
It

polako
1st November, 2012, 02:20 PM
you need to remove the touch screen out and try manually follow this link to perform that task How to Fix an iPhone 3G Screen: 15 steps (with pictures) (http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-an-iPhone-3G-Screen)

sinky077
1st November, 2012, 07:35 PM
Was selling me old 3g iPhone (with broken home button)
I reset the iPhone 3g so it would remove all my info.
An was hoping it would go back to like new.

But now its stuck on the apple icon screen.

So am thinking i need to restore with iTunes.
But i can't get in to dfu mode as the home button is not working.

Is the any software that will get the phone in to DFU mode?
hi m8 i had the same promblem .this is wot i done to fix it i download
TinyUmbrella [WIN] got a restore file of dav-team org .