PDA

View Full Version : Commtiva N700, Viewpad 7 and others fast charge

Mjolinor
27th October, 2012, 10:55 PM
If you have one of these tablets but don't have the original charger then it will not charge at the higher rate it will only charge at < 400 ma, limited because any more would damage the host USB port it is charging from.

Plugged into a PC or adapter (irrespective of the current ability of the adapter) they take about 10 hours to charge in this mode but the original charger will charge at up to 2 amps.

I was just modding one to stick it in my car and needed it to charge at the higher rate so having worked it out it seems that you can charge from a normal USB cable and a plug in charger at the higher rate if you short out the two data lines.

If you make a converter piece with a socket and plug on but with the 2 data lines connected together then you can check in "Settings --- about phone --- status" Under battery status it will say "not charging" or "Charging (USB)" or "Charging (AC)". If you did it right it will say AC. In this mode it will fully charge from flat in about 2 hours.

Do not plug this converter into your PC port, it will damage it, only use it with a 2 amp or more USB mains charger.

If you blow up your tablet it isn't my fault. :)

jopepa
29th October, 2012, 11:37 AM
i agree with that

Shady
29th October, 2012, 02:40 PM
Jesus your clever mj.

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2

OBTech
6th December, 2012, 11:08 PM
Hi,

Really interested in your solution.
I've bought a Linx N700 whose charging port is completely broken/missing and I'm not sure about the charger that I received with it.

First can you tell me what type of socket/port that is used on these - mini-usb b, mini-usb ab or mini-usb 4p.

And can the battery be charged directly from a charger, without the need to go through the motherboard?

Thanks,

OBTech

OBTech
20th February, 2013, 10:33 PM
Bump Bump Bump