PDA

View Full Version : VU Solo

ollie2012uk
29th October, 2012, 01:15 PM
Hi All,

I'm currently using an openbox f3. I've found that this box is great for what it is, its a starter box with no thrills but works.

I now want to look into upgrading, however I don't want to go down the same road as everyone else and buy a dreambox.

I do like the look of the VU+ box's, I don't think i'll benefot from having a record feature like sky+ as long as I can get HD etc I'm happy.

I want something that I can stream on, has a nice EPG and a nice looking menu etc.

Can anyone give a review on the solo??

DOUGALMCD
30th October, 2012, 12:50 PM
Solo is a great box check out uno too.

mdt
31st October, 2012, 12:58 AM
+1 here, i have both and they are great boxs. depends on your budget and what you want from it. a vu+ solo will do hd, run coolmans epg,picons,streaming and can be got for ?185 for a origninal or ?105 for a clone but if you only want an original id pay a extra ?50ish and get the uno over the solo if you have the funds,regards mdt

ollie2012uk
31st October, 2012, 08:47 AM
Thanks matt, what's the difference between the solo and UNO?

RuberDuck
31st October, 2012, 09:03 AM
uno.

more ram
faster processor
swappable tuner card ( will be handy when Vu launch the twin cards ) also has lnb loop out.
ability to fit a internal HDD
VFD display
ability to upgrade the firmware for the tuners via FPGA upgrade.

check the below youtube video for more details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WPGET877lI&feature=player_detailpage#t=60s

ollie2012uk
31st October, 2012, 05:44 PM
Thanks for that, are the images any good? I wanted to be able to have bouquets for it too

mdt
31st October, 2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks for that, are the images any good? I wanted to be able to have bouquets for it too

blackhole is a fantastic image imo and runs all the usuall plugins,bouquets,epg ect found on other images. theres also vix,open-pli and a few others. just buy one you wont regret it,regards mdt

ollie2012uk
31st October, 2012, 06:09 PM
Think I'm settled on it to be honest mate

briz
31st October, 2012, 06:25 PM
+1 for the Uno. I was in the exact same position of having an F3 but wanting to progress to something better. Haven't looked back since getting the Uno. Fantastic box. I run ViX 3.0 BTW

RuberDuck
31st October, 2012, 06:28 PM
There are a lot of images to choose from and they all have their good and bad points. BH or blackhole is a very well put together image but can be a little too technical for some users and has a lot of settings that a user can mess up, it does however have arguably the best driver support for external devices such as USB terrestrial TV sticks.

ViX or OpenViX is designed to be more user friendly and in my opinion has the single best EPG of any receiver barring a official sky box, clean well thought out menu structure which is very wife and technophobe friendly.

pongo snodgrass
3rd November, 2012, 11:23 AM
or wait for the vu+duo2 or the vu+solo2..which will be released december/new year time so i was told...

DOUGALMCD
3rd November, 2012, 01:32 PM
They are obviously no where near ready as they should have been out by now and common sense tells you the suppliers ie well known ones will have first shout on how many they want to order and they will get to test them first also.