PDA

View Full Version : Help me please!!!

chedda
18th February, 2009, 07:12 PM
I have an open media box which i have probs with , ive ftp'ed all the roms into the keys folder , everytime i do a transponder scan right at the end up comes fatal error something to do with enigma and the screen goes funny and the box resets itself, ive tried ftp , dk v1.1 onto the box and ive even let the box download the image online itself and the image i believe updates fine i get channels but when i put the keys in using ftp or even tuxbox they just dont work , i use keymaster to get my keys , im at a total loss , Please help me , is my box up the swanny???

Curious123
24th February, 2009, 02:41 PM
Have you tried flashing a new and different image onto your openmedia box?

Sirus
24th February, 2009, 11:37 PM
I have an open media box which i have probs with , ive ftp'ed all the roms into the keys folder , everytime i do a transponder scan right at the end up comes fatal error something to do with enigma and the screen goes funny and the box resets itself, ive tried ftp , dk v1.1 onto the box and ive even let the box download the image online itself and the image i believe updates fine i get channels but when i put the keys in using ftp or even tuxbox they just dont work , i use keymaster to get my keys , im at a total loss , Please help me , is my box up the swanny???

Ive tried lots of different images on my openmedia box and have once got the Fatal error message right after a scan finishes.. its nothing to fret about, I didnt even reflash after it happened it just didnt seem to happen again.. its just one of them vague computer like error messages that pops up time to time in all images

even if it was a messed up flash then ike Curious said you can always just reflash again

What chnls are you trying to clear... Cable or Sat?

Have a look about the forums for simular probs under dreambox 500c and 500s threads since they both run exactly like your openmedia

Devilfish
25th February, 2009, 01:08 AM
Do a factory reset and try again.

Menu > Setup > Expert Setup > Factory Reset

scruff1963
25th February, 2009, 10:31 AM
a base image doesn't have the magic files so you need to add them (won't need keymaster then.

have a look in the dreambox section as the openmedia box is a dreambox 500c and 500s in a single box.

I flashed my brothers last week with a dm500s and a dm500c image last week and it's working fine.

chedda
26th March, 2009, 07:38 PM
Many thanks for all your advice , I did a factory reset and FTP'ed new roms onto the box and it now works fine