PDA

View Full Version : help to update 3gs keeping unlock

mickydibble
30th October, 2012, 10:15 AM
hi guys just checking best way to update 3gs from 4.3.3 ios to newest keeping unlock. modem fw 5.12.01 all preserved etc just that long i have forgot...also just got a iphone 4 so how to back 3gs up/ transfer to 4... cheers and no funny comments about it lol

Argento7
1st November, 2012, 11:15 PM
hi guys just checking best way to update 3gs from 4.3.3 ios to newest keeping unlock. modem fw 5.12.01 all preserved etc just that long i have forgot...also just got a iphone 4 so how to back 3gs up/ transfer to 4... cheers and no funny comments about it lol

Hi friend, Im not an expert, but I do this job couple of times.
BE SHURE TO CHECK YOUR BOOTLOADER!!!!
I suggest you that build a custom firmware whit Sn0wbreeze, thick Hacktivate. But FIRST be sure you have saved SHSH!!!!
Best (I think) IOS for 3GS is 5.1.1 (btw you can found alot of tutorials here in D.K!) So use Tinyumbrella and save SHSH. If you have 5.1.1 ok!
After build CFW run tss server in Tiny, open Itunes (last version) hold SHIFT (windows) and pres RESTORE, browse your folder and point to your recent builded CFW, and restore.
Finally, open cydia and install Ultrasn0w (using your phone) and voila! Jailbreaked and Unlocked!!!
tO SAVE/RESTORE YOUR DATA BETWEEN 3gs AND YOUR iPHONE4, YOU CAN USE iTOOLS!!! :captain:
(Be sure to do this before you restore iphone 3GS...!)

mickydibble
3rd November, 2012, 12:18 PM
ok thanks sorted now ,it just was`nt` doing what i was telling it to do but finally it succumb to what i wanted cheers micky