PDA

View Full Version : What tool

thomaswhelan
30th October, 2012, 04:55 PM
I have a mk3 2L TDDI mondeo 115bhp what tool will read/write the ecu I know a lot of the expensive tools can but i will only need a tool for my car so not willing to spend a fortune , thanks for any help

bondiblu
30th October, 2012, 05:07 PM
A powergate S may do the job

lulu2003
30th October, 2012, 06:51 PM
S = Slave???

bondiblu
30th October, 2012, 08:12 PM
S = Slave???

No, powergate S comes in both master and slave versions, but locked to 1 car at a time. I have the master version myself straight from Alientech, I do my own tuning. I have other genuine tools too, but this was a good option for my personal car (BMW 123d e82).

Its a good option for the enthusiast which comes with Alientech support for a small price Remapping Tools - Kessv2, K-tag, Powergate, Ecm Titanium, Cables (http://alientechsales.co.uk/products.aspx?pname=powergate&pcategory=s)

thomaswhelan
1st November, 2012, 05:09 PM
thanks for the input but for that money i`d just pay for a remap , i could`nt justify paying 300 for something i wouldnt use only once

bondiblu
1st November, 2012, 06:23 PM
thanks for the input but for that money i`d just pay for a remap , i could`nt justify paying 300 for something i wouldnt use only once
300 what? you can find it cheaper if you search. If you reflash the ori, you can then re-use it on the next car if compatible or sell it on. Stores 3 maps on the unit, no need for a laptop when reading and writing, does all checksums for you, and you have Alientech support if things go wrong.

All in all, I personally think its a good safe (genuine) tool for very little money with piece of mind. If you still think its too expensive, then get yourself some clone kit. I personally think it's worth every penny.

LaraVAG
1st November, 2012, 07:43 PM
programer with psop44 to read/write memory 28f200, for example VP280 or something chiper wilem

thomaswhelan
2nd November, 2012, 11:24 AM
will the kess from alientech work with the fords