PDA

View Full Version : VCDS > VAS5054A clear errors

drpeter
31st October, 2012, 07:59 AM
On new vags when a error is logged the mileage is stored also behind the error as you know.

Is there a way to clear all DTC's at once? With VCDS this is not possible I tried many times, clear all errors and most are still in the system afterwards.
I have to clear them from every module manually. This takes a lot of time.

Someone tried VAS5054 for clearing all DTC's at the same time? Does it work? If yes I will buy one.

Thanks

smartymarti
31st October, 2012, 08:05 AM
It does work very well too , rather than guided fault finding use obd enter reg chassis etc and in there there is delete entire dtc memory function

impactops
31st October, 2012, 08:34 AM
I could never understand why people bother with aftermarket tools when their features are normally derived from dealer tools.

The VAS5163 tester software will give you what Abritus gives you for VAG, Except you won't be locked down with updates or pay hefty prices

Regards
Impactops

drpeter
31st October, 2012, 08:43 AM
I could never understand why people bother with aftermarket tools when their features are normally derived from dealer tools.

The VAS5163 tester software will give you what Abritus gives you for VAG, Except you won't be locked down with updates or pay hefty prices

Regards
Impactops

Bother with? Aftermarket tools doesn't do what they say somethimes, I simply need a tool that clears all errors at once.

impactops
31st October, 2012, 08:53 AM
Bother with? Aftermarket tools doesn't do what they say somethimes, I simply need a tool that clears all errors at once.

That's what i mean, i don't see the point of spending time on an aftermarket tool where it's limitation will make you purchase another and so on.Why learn something where it's capacity and features are limited and derived from dealer tools, where that time could be spent on learning the original diagnostic tool on at a lower/better level.

Regards
Impactops

88diablo
31st October, 2012, 09:18 AM
Autocom CDP has a full scan and full delete option for most major brands including VAG group.

drakov
31st October, 2012, 09:22 AM
If it's genuine VCDS send log files as it may be a bug in there software?

Regarding aftermarket tools, some tools do things dealer tools can't... DPF Regen is a good example, so they will always have a role ( I just wouldn't trust them for general diag too much).

impactops
31st October, 2012, 09:54 AM
Regarding aftermarket tools, some tools do things dealer tools can't... DPF Regen is a good example, so they will always have a role

That's why the market for aftermarket tools exist, if the dealers software had all the features enabled, why would you bother buying an aftermarket tool.In the case of VCDS there are countless threads on DK with people trying to mod there interfaces to work with verious versions, too me it's a waste of time.There's no point buying tool A to be superseded by tool B or buying a seperate tool for each feature it provides where others are missing.If you look at the amount of vag aftermarket tools that are out there it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise why that is the case.

Regards
Impactops

drpeter
31st October, 2012, 10:35 AM
That's what i mean, i don't see the point of spending time on an aftermarket tool where it's limitation will make you purchase another and so on.Why learn something where it's capacity and features are limited and derived from dealer tools, where that time could be spent on learning the original diagnostic tool on at a lower/better level.

Regards
Impactops

I do not agree, if you are working on 45 car brands you have to be a miljonair to buy dealer tools, VCDS is hardly limited, many other tools can also not clear all errors at once. I tried with dp3, diga consult, etc.... So I thought it is a limitation of VAG, but now I know VAS can do it (I hope :-).

impactops
31st October, 2012, 10:44 AM
VCDS is hardly limited

If it's not limited, then why are you looking for an alternative (in this case vas) for something so simple of a feature that will clear DTC?

Regards
Impactops

drpeter
31st October, 2012, 10:57 AM
Do I have to explain what hardly means. I could live with that "limitation" for years. Now want to do my jobs faster that's the only reason. Never mind.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk

z786
31st October, 2012, 11:31 AM
i think i know what peter means

on new cars theres is an option in vcds to erase all dtcs

BUT the dtcs are only erased on the CANBUS system, there are a few modules that stull run on a k-line, therefore they get missed out

smartymarti
31st October, 2012, 12:09 PM
Never used vag com etc only ever used vas , its not hard to use and it by far more in depth than anything else currently available hence the main stealers use it

mastaflex
31st October, 2012, 12:12 PM
DR what is the car you work on? better to use VCDS 10 or higher

there are two ways to delete DTC's. by one click under APPLICATIONS - > CAN or you can do an autoscan and select erase DTC's , it will take more time but do clean job under all modules

markony79
31st October, 2012, 12:20 PM
Maybe this can help

markony79
31st October, 2012, 12:25 PM
I just work on Audi S6 2007 or 2008

markony79
31st October, 2012, 12:33 PM
and more.....

markony79
31st October, 2012, 12:35 PM
and for service

Diagnosticated
31st October, 2012, 01:46 PM
I agree with Impactops but where can you buy a genuine or good copy of vas5054A and software. The Chinese crap doesn't work properly. At least VCDS is an excellent working tool with great back-up from Ross-tech. I would have bought vas if I could have found a supplier and good software.

smartymarti
31st October, 2012, 02:40 PM
Iv never had an issue with my vas , bought 2 nerly 2 years back never missed a beat running one on v18 and one on v19 ,

Ill sell you one of mine with all software if needs be like i said always been ok for me

impactops
1st November, 2012, 01:14 AM
Ill sell you one of mine with all software if needs be like i said always been ok for me

Is the MSM6636 chip present or missing?

Regards
Impactops

drpeter
1st November, 2012, 06:58 AM
and more.....

Yes I have the same of course but have you checked if all errors are actually cleared after pressing ''clear all DTC's'' button? Yesterday I tested again with 2 Golf6 one 2010 and one late 2011. Soft said cleared all DTC's but when check again soft hasn't cleared them. Only the enigine errors where cleared. Must be a bug in my soft. , or tool. Strange thing is other original tools also don't clear them all. I think must be a problem with the UDS protocol. But please close this topic I will buy VAS. For me its better because I get many VAG cars. Thanks all for your time and help!

Peter

markony79
1st November, 2012, 02:56 PM
Yes I have the same of course but have you checked if all errors are actually cleared after pressing ''clear all DTC's'' button? Yesterday I tested again with 2 Golf6 one 2010 and one late 2011. Soft said cleared all DTC's but when check again soft hasn't cleared them. Only the enigine errors where cleared. Must be a bug in my soft. , or tool. Strange thing is other original tools also don't clear them all. I think must be a problem with the UDS protocol. But please close this topic I will buy VAS. For me its better because I get many VAG cars. Thanks all for your time and help!

Peter

Hi
not shore you have bug in your soft,
my also not work with errors good, I have original
but in screen whrere is Red color with errors, just put marker there and press enter on comp...and you directly go in this error code,
then can errased in sec...done, gone back...and you are still in first plan in soft

Regards

drpeter
1st November, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hi
not shore you have bug in your soft,
my also not work with errors good, I have original
but in screen whrere is Red color with errors, just put marker there and press enter on comp...and you directly go in this error code,
then can errased in sec...done, gone back...and you are still in first plan in soft

Regards

I thought so I already ordered another vcds and a VAS V19.

Thanks.

markony79
1st November, 2012, 06:08 PM
I thought so I already ordered another vcds and a VAS V19.

Thanks.

I can suggest to use original Vcds....update is allways free
and can do more coding , then can do Vas
but can not do Flashing moduls in car( VAS can do)