PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo USB Drives Not Working

stevo88
31st October, 2012, 06:40 PM
I got my ferrari vu+ duo today and when i put my wireless bridge into the box the box started smoking and now the usb ports at the back no longer work!

the rest of the box is working fine so is the usb port at the front but it seems the back 2 ports are dead, is this just a blown fuse as such that i can get repaired at a computer/tv shop or is it knackered now?

i know i just got it today and i could send it back but its from china and i dont want the hassle which will most likley get me nowhere anyway, plus iv added a internal harddrive which will probabily void any valid warrenty.

as i said rest of box is fine, its just 2 usb ports at the back.

thanks.

no clone haters please simply couldnt afford a genuine

dell_xps
31st October, 2012, 06:53 PM
Simply unacceptable m8, ?180 or whatever you have paid of your hard earned cash and on day 1 it's up in smoke, frightening !!, I wouldn't leave that plugged in when I left the house either, and yes I'm a clone hater.
Send it back and demand a refund, save your pennies for the real deal that wont end up in smoke.

stevo88
31st October, 2012, 06:56 PM
i know mate im just worried about sending it back, paying shipping costs etc, all the way to china and then being screwed again!

anyone any ideas on a fix and approx cost?

RuberDuck
31st October, 2012, 07:12 PM
And this is why in my opinion all those bloody idiots on this and other forums who keep recommending that users buy this shite should be ashamed of them selves. and you know exactly who you are ( no i'm not talking about you Digi )

RuberDuck
31st October, 2012, 07:15 PM
I got my ferrari vu+ duo today and when i put my wireless bridge into the box the box started smoking and now the usb ports at the back no longer work!

the rest of the box is working fine so is the usb port at the front but it seems the back 2 ports are dead, is this just a blown fuse as such that i can get repaired at a computer/tv shop or is it knackered now?

i know i just got it today and i could send it back but its from china and i dont want the hassle which will most likley get me nowhere anyway, plus iv added a internal harddrive which will probabily void any valid warrenty.

as i said rest of box is fine, its just 2 usb ports at the back.

thanks.

no clone haters please simply couldnt afford a genuine

These kinds of boxes are specifically build so that the users can if they choose include a HDD, this is no way what so ever should invalidate a warranty. saying that i'd be amazed if you actually have a warranty on the machine considering it is a clone.

stevo88
31st October, 2012, 07:21 PM
can i still uploaded everything i need to just using the usb port at the front?

RuberDuck
31st October, 2012, 07:25 PM
can i still uploaded everything i need to just using the usb port at the front?

personally mate i really would not take the risk. and please dont take my above reply as a slap in your face as it was never intended that way, but honestly it angers me that people get ripped off by these arse clowns in china and when things do go wrong you have no recourse.

The thing that scares the absolute living ~ insert expletive here ~ out of me, is what would have happened if this thing had gone up in smoke in the early hours of the morning while while you and you family were asleep ?.

Is it really worth dying in a house fire just to save a few quid by buying this trash ?.

GAH
31st October, 2012, 07:43 PM
As I said in another thread on here, if these clone Vu Duo boxes were any good they would be able to stand out in the market place under their own name! There must be loads of people on here who bought clones which are rubbish (ok, there are some people who have clones which seem to work perfectly well!), just browse through the threads!. I feel sorry for you mate, because as RD stated, it's unlikely you'll have any kind of viable warranty!

Good luck,
GAH