PDA

View Full Version : remove fap/egr eon EDC16C39

pagatti
1st November, 2012, 11:07 PM
Hi, i've a fiat 16 1.9 mjet 8V 120 CV with EDC16C39 ecu
I've read the ecu with galletto
can someone remove DPF and close EGR?
I've ecusafe, i processed the file, but I can't check if the work's good.
In italy there are a lot of forums where they say ecusafe does not make a good work...so i'm scared to write the file into the car...
can someone help me?

assitutto
2nd November, 2012, 12:32 PM
use ecusafe,work ok

b2s15
2nd November, 2012, 06:13 PM
don't worry for edc16C39, i've done 2 cars and no matter.
but ecusafe won't switch off egr, only dpf.

spawns3
2nd November, 2012, 07:32 PM
don't worry for edc16C39, i've done 2 cars and no matter.
but ecusafe won't switch off egr, only dpf.

Really ? and when the car turn off or shaking in high speed ? And don't have any dtc to see the fault ? because the ES erase them ..

b2s15
3rd November, 2012, 12:07 PM
if you only sign for egr with ecusafe on edc16C39 it doesn't change anything in dump.
the only changes are done for dpf, i tried and watched each time what had been changed in my dump.
to take off egr i changed manualy 3 maps.

ashark
3rd November, 2012, 11:35 PM
Hi, I use ecusafe on edc16c39 of fiat16 and fiat multipla 1.9 and it work fine... for egr I don't know becouse I tuning the file with ecm2011 after ecusafe ed close egr from map..

pagatti
5th November, 2012, 09:54 AM
ok, egr is not so important...
I'm buying a straight pipe to put in place instead of FAP. This pipe has place for original sensors
What shall I do with sensors? connect them or no?,
If I remove fap with ecusafe, what will I read with FES about % of clogging ecc ecc?

But if someone can run ecusafe for me....
I'm very scared and afraid of checksums, problems...

I post here a file .mod:
i've passed the original file with carsoftware4.0 to remove EGR
then with ecusafe 1.9.3.0 to remove DPF (even if on ecusafe there is a flag "rem EGR" that I checked)
can someone check if it's ok?

thanks in advance

pagatti
10th November, 2012, 02:42 PM
hi, all..
many thanks to Baddog84 who gave me a file...
but today I tried to write the map into ECU with galletto 1260..
No Way! I get error message:
"writing inizialization error SK-9
error seed key"
I think it does not depend from the file, i've tried also writing the original one, always the same.
After this error the car does't start the first time but after yes and runs ok....
gallo can connect and read always well...
there is someting wrong in sw use?

i've seen on some forum gallo can only read this ecu but not write...somebody says you need to connect pin 7 of k-line, somebody says you nedd to write the ecu outside the car....
can you help me?
attached a bitmap of screen...

miha99
10th November, 2012, 10:12 PM
At least use MPPS m8!

pagatti
11th November, 2012, 01:52 PM
At least use MPPS m8!

i don't have no MPPS HW no SW!

mario38
11th November, 2012, 02:31 PM
Your problem is strange because if you read this protocol EDC16 +39 must also write to force ammeno you read with a different protocol .. if you have an antivirus lock it, and prepare a file named in the program .. other uses the BDM with cockerel but I of these I've done a lot and it works well

b2s15
20th November, 2012, 06:15 PM
i had the same matter with my edc16C39 alfa 159. read with galletto, write 5 times, then been obliged to buy mmps v5 to write. today 115 writting on my car with mmps v5.

pagatti
21st November, 2012, 07:58 AM
i bought MMPS V12, i wrote ecu without any problem.
put galletto in a box....
MPPS clones cost the same, but SW is much better...
if someone wants i can sell him galletto very cheap!

assitutto
21st November, 2012, 12:11 PM
what version of galletto do you have?
black box with 3 led or 1 led, silver box???

pagatti
21st November, 2012, 02:05 PM
the hardware is a cable with no intermediate boxes, only usb from one side and odb connectror on other side.
on odb connector there is only one red led.
sw was a CD-ROM with many version of galletto 1260 (progaram is always called "new serial.exe", map of old cars, pdf guides in polish ecc. ecc...

alexbit68
21st November, 2012, 03:36 PM
edc16 write mpps the galletto blocked ecu no work whit edc39. now write BDM friend.

bmwmds
24th November, 2012, 11:47 AM
if you only sign for egr with ecusafe on edc16C39 it doesn't change anything in dump.
the only changes are done for dpf, i tried and watched each time what had been changed in my dump.
to take off egr i changed manualy 3 maps.

as bs215 says ecusafe work fine for remove dpf but does not remove egr,i also tryed same and can also confirm this

bmwmds
24th November, 2012, 11:49 AM
edc16 write mpps the galletto blocked ecu no work whit edc39. now write BDM friend.

reason blocked with galletto is your unit has faulty kline in transmitting data i have had same problem ,but in the process of repairing the galletto to make work.
hope that helped

sinmrki
18th July, 2019, 10:58 AM
Hi I have to continue this an old old thread.. I hope you guys still doing well :D
So I had problem with DPF on my FIAT Multipla 1.9 Multijet, I triet do clean it but without success so I cut it of and
replace with exhaust pot. I leave sensor from original DPF..
Then I read original software with MPPS12 and done DPF OFF with EcuSafe2.0
There is no error message any more but car have no such power until 2000rpm ,,
I guess that I need to disable EGR too..

Can I simply cap EGR with plate or it is just enough to do it by some other software..
Can someone point me what software to use to disable / off ERG on BOSCH EDC16C39 (Fiat Multipla 1.9 MJT)

( I've attached original ECU file if someone is wilining to help and turn it off, I would be appreciate it)
It would be good if I have two files, one with only DPF removed and another with DFP+EGR removed)

Thank you, cheers,
Sinisa

pagatti
2nd August, 2019, 08:57 AM
Hi I have to continue this an old old thread.. I hope you guys still doing well :D
So I had problem with DPF on my FIAT Multipla 1.9 Multijet, I triet do clean it but without success so I cut it of and
replace with exhaust pot. I leave sensor from original DPF..
Then I read original software with MPPS12 and done DPF OFF with EcuSafe2.0
There is no error message any more but car have no such power until 2000rpm ,,
I guess that I need to disable EGR too..

Can I simply cap EGR with plate or it is just enough to do it by some other software..
Can someone point me what software to use to disable / off ERG on BOSCH EDC16C39 (Fiat Multipla 1.9 MJT)

( I've attached original ECU file if someone is wilining to help and turn it off, I would be appreciate it)
It would be good if I have two files, one with only DPF removed and another with DFP+EGR removed)

Thank you, cheers,
Sinisa

you can try 2 things:
put a plate into the EGR to close : you will have the Engine Lamp switched on in the dashboard after a while, but the car should run good (that's how I'm running from two years, never had time to work on software to switch off the light...).
if the car don't run well, it's not the EGR valve and probably is one little rubber pipe going from turbo variable geometry valve to the actuator (a black box as big as a cigarette box). When I broke it, my car had the same symptoms (no power at low revs)...

sinmrki
5th August, 2019, 10:22 AM
you can try 2 things:
put a plate into the EGR to close : you will have the Engine Lamp switched on in the dashboard after a while, but the car should run good (that's how I'm running from two years, never had time to work on software to switch off the light...).
if the car don't run well, it's not the EGR valve and probably is one little rubber pipe going from turbo variable geometry valve to the actuator (a black box as big as a cigarette box). When I broke it, my car had the same symptoms (no power at low revs)...

Thank you pagatti, I removed DPF once again but with DPF Remover soft, and I think the car is behaving a better let's say normal..
I don't know if ECUSafe is really proven in removing DPF from EDC16-C39 (Fiat Multipla Multijet Diesel 1.9)

tothzsolt
5th August, 2019, 11:00 AM
test and big thnx for file ok removed fap and egr

sinmrki
5th August, 2019, 01:51 PM
test and big thnx for file ok removed fap and egr

Thanks tothzsolt (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/601464-tothzsolt), can be this file written by MPPS(12-13.0), what tool have you been used?
As I remember I could'n write this file F16_pagatti_19MJET120CV 992_665_FAP_EGR_DPF.rar mpps gave me an error