PDA

View Full Version : Internals

MetalKettle
19th February, 2009, 01:08 PM
Hay Guys

Has anyone opened uf the Open Media Box yet. Just wondering how the Sat/Cable switch is connected and it it can easily be moved

Thanks.

Devilfish
19th February, 2009, 01:25 PM
Why would you want to remove it?

MetalKettle
19th February, 2009, 01:28 PM
Hi DF

I dont want to remove it, just move it on to the front of the box. Also gonna fit an inline sitch on the power cable (off an old table lamp) to save unplugging, cant really get to the power sockets, and want to have easier access to the sat/cable switch.

Devilfish
19th February, 2009, 01:29 PM
Ah I see. :)

robaart
20th February, 2009, 07:11 AM
For power i just used a remote power saver switch, u can get them from fleabay or maplins and can switch off power using a remote.

dodge
26th April, 2009, 07:42 PM
Hi DF

I dont want to remove it, just move it on to the front of the box. Also gonna fit an inline sitch on the power cable (off an old table lamp) to save unplugging, cant really get to the power sockets, and want to have easier access to the sat/cable switch.

Been thinking of doing the same thing since I got my box but I aint got round to it yet.

Have you done it yet? If you have, how did it go?

MetalKettle
27th April, 2009, 07:32 AM
Been thinking of doing the same thing since I got my box but I aint got round to it yet.

Have you done it yet? If you have, how did it go?

Not got round to moving the switch, but im sure it can be done. I have fitted an inline switch on the power lead as I described and that works a treat :)

MetalKettle
17th June, 2009, 12:54 PM
Just throw it down the stairs m8, thats how easy it is to move the switch :roflmao:

JoK

Grrrrr I'll get you gadget !!!!

:roflmao: