PDA

View Full Version : Thor & 1mtr Motorised Dish

bluenose
19th February, 2009, 03:13 PM
Hi guys
Just a little help required from a Newbie.
I have set up my kit myself DM7025, 1mtr Dish and Darkstar Motor ( think thats what its called anyway ). I think I have the arc and agles correct etc, can scan 7.0e, 13.0e, 19.2e and 28.4e and a couple of others, but can't get Thor? Does anyone think my dish may be too small? I live in Liverpool. Although a friend of mine reckons he gets Thor with his 80cm ( fixed ) dish. Any help appreciated.

westkill
19th February, 2009, 05:18 PM
the dish is ok m8 :)
i had the same sort of problem
all i had those channels
really you need to start the setup on thor
your arc is probaly out slightly
what i did was loaded the captains settings which gives you all the satellites and bouquets channels.
i then put on bbc world channel on thor because that the nearest to south to get your arc more or less lol
let your dish move to that channel on thor if no picture
then move your dish till you get a picture on that channel
what image you using ..?
try these settings
ftp the ipk file to the temp folder
then do a manual install via the addons manager :)
this hopefully should work lol
oh and have you put your latitude and longtitude in the tuner setup

cauliflower69
19th February, 2009, 06:26 PM
What image are you using I had to edit pli jade as there was a problem with a config

bluenose
19th February, 2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks for your replies guys, sorry I been a while, but just in from work. My image is Enigma 2 ( I think lol ) basically when I power up, I get a Barry Allen scrreen ??? whatever that is, then I get an LT screen, but Im sure Ive seen Enigma2 somewhere, like I said Im a newbie sorry, have figured a few things out, bu not too much, i have put my lat and long in but thats about all I can tell you.
Thanks for your much awaited help :)

.: JaCkPoT :.
20th February, 2009, 01:33 AM
whare are u located??

bluenose
20th February, 2009, 01:45 AM
in liverpool mate

20th February, 2009, 01:51 AM
ah k m8...just thought that if you were in ireland your true south sat would be different..you should get decent signal from liverpool so long as the townies havent robbed the dish..;)

jckw
20th February, 2009, 01:55 AM
ah k m8...just thought that if you were in ireland your true south sat would be different..you should get decent signal from liverpool so long as the townies havent robbed the dish..;)veryu whitty sad iq

20th February, 2009, 03:33 AM
veryu whitty sad iq

??
English please!

krazylegz
20th February, 2009, 05:45 AM
its meant to say

very witty sadiq

wonder if jckw was pi$$ed when he wrote it lol

westkill
20th February, 2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks for your replies guys, sorry I been a while, but just in from work. My image is Enigma 2 ( I think lol ) basically when I power up, I get a Barry Allen scrreen ??? whatever that is, then I get an LT screen, but Im sure Ive seen Enigma2 somewhere, like I said Im a newbie sorry, have figured a few things out, bu not too much, i have put my lat and long in but thats about all I can tell you.
Thanks for your much awaited help :)
all dm7025 images are enigma2 :)
is it the lt image with lt menus etc when you press the menu button :)

bluenose
20th February, 2009, 09:37 AM
Yes mate, it is the LT menu's. I guess the dish must need a tweak for Thor? Im struggling with that captains file ( and some updater files ) too as after Ive FTP's them to var/tmp when I go to the Addon Manager its empty, any ideas on that one? Its frustrating when you dont really know what your doing, lol I have about 7 emu's and my flash drive only has 1.5mb left. Im really wanting to do a format and re-install but I know I'll kill it lol.

westkill
20th February, 2009, 06:40 PM
it should be the /temp folder not /var/temp :)

bluenose
21st February, 2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks Westkill
Can I possibly ask which Cam you use for the sats?
ie Do you know which would be the best cam for say Thor 0.8w or Astra 19.2e?
Many Thanks

alanbk
21st February, 2009, 05:50 PM
I use CCam 2.0.9 for thor and it works well on the 7025